Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg, June 21, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 20, 2024, 03:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Gotta get ready & drive to the game.  I want to say: Let's get this win and get our season on track!  Let's be as loud as banjo bowl to support our D.  Let's get lots of "BC Sucks" going.  The vets need to play at their talent level today; and the ELCs above their talent level.

I pray the OC/DC will have whipped up a ton of creativity and that they got in the practices needed to ensure execution.

This is our first West match-up and if we win it, the 2 losses against the East will become far less important.  A win tonight plus HAM kicking SSK will keep the West on an even level.

Prove me wrong about my week 1 next-6-games prediction!!

GO BLUE!
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 20, 2024, 04:36:56 PMIndeed it is killing me GOLD MEMBER will be missing this tilt!
He'll be doing his next favourite thing which is riding to the States on Italian machinery.

I hope I see pleasant news by time I get to Fargo.

GO BOMBERS GO!
Safe travels, bro'
Go Bombers!

Blue In BC

The culture of the organization is essentially what is best for the team. We understand how a player could be upset by being delegated to a back up role. It happens all the time when injuries limit the ability to perform.

At times in the past, it has cost a player his spot on a roster.

I'm not suggesting that Brady is complaining too much. However, you never want a player to say things he will regret later.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TBURGESS

It didn't need to happen. No one would have batted an eyelid if BO was shown as the starting RB & they wouldn't have pissed off the guy that makes our offence work. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TBURGESS on June 21, 2024, 10:28:17 PMIt didn't need to happen. No one would have batted an eyelid if BO was shown as the starting RB & they wouldn't have pissed off the guy that makes our offence work.

Sure but that's pretty thin skinned. List him as the starter and then sit him on the bench? That would have just delayed his response. His salary isn't dictated directly on how many touches he gets. Of course he may have achievement goals that impact year end bonus money. But if he's not healthy, he might rush back too soon with excessive reps.

I guess we'll see if he sees the field and how many reps he gets. I have no idea how healthy he is at the moment or whether playing puts him at longer risk of 1 game IR.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 21, 2024, 09:18:35 PMSo I went to watch it and around 3:40 (and earlier too) he's getting very coy and cocky, basically spelling out that an injured/recovering Brady is better than a full-health Johnny.

Hey, check your 2024 avg vs Johnny, Brady!!

And smirking tongue-in-cheek comments about MOS making the decisions.  You can tell Brady is an unhappy camper.  He feels slighted and disagrees with MOS.

Brady says he's totally 100% and doesn't know why he's #2.  Something isn't right here.  If he was 100% then he would be #1.  Unless...

That's a very weird thing for WFC, as a rift may be forming.  We all remember what happened to AH33 after a rift started forming... MOS is totally loyal, until he isn't, usually because of someone betraying trust.

To be honest, this is crap we could really do without right now.  The W/L problems are not one player... it's a whole-team/org thing, and Brady needs to be more humble.

Yeah, agreed, and I really do believe that no one player is bigger than the team. The team MUST always come first. One of the things I loved about Milt, and more recently, Zach, is that no matter how stellar they may have played, it was always about the team and the fans, and never about themselves.
Go Bombers!

TBURGESS

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 21, 2024, 10:33:48 PMSure but that's pretty thin skinned. List him as the starter and then sit him on the bench? That would have just delayed his response. His salary isn't dictated directly on how many touches he gets. Of course he may have achievement goals that impact year end bonus money. But if he's not healthy, he might rush back too soon with excessive reps.

I guess we'll see if he sees the field and how many reps he gets. I have no idea how healthy he is at the moment or whether playing puts him at longer risk of 1 game IR.
What's on the chart doesn't matter in terms of starting or number of reps. BO could play the whole game, none or anywhere in between. The only person it matters to seems to be BO himself, so give him what he wants, it's free.

I personally doubt he's ready to play the full game because he hasn't even practiced yet & I wouldn't have activated him without seeing him practice for a week at this point in the year. Too much potential to aggravate the injury IMO. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blue In BC

Quote from: J5V on June 21, 2024, 10:44:53 PMYeah, agreed, and I really do believe that no one player is bigger than the team. The team MUST always come first. One of the things I loved about Milt, and more recently, Zach, is that no matter how stellar they may have played, it was always about the team and the fans, and never about themselves.

We know Brady was injured before TC and did not practice during TC. He didn't play in pre season. he got injured in game 1 and missed game 2. He didn't practice this week.

That doesn't suggest he's not injured or prepared at game speed or conditioning. I suppose technically he could be healthy but not prepared per se.

In any case this is not good.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

markf

give Streveller some passing plays. He must be a bit annoyed at the way he's being deployed.  and  If they keep using him strictly as a fullback, he's going to get hurt.

don't give up on the run game. Seven carries last game for Augustine.

Blue In BC

Quote from: markf on June 21, 2024, 11:08:52 PMgive Streveller some passing plays. He must be a bit annoyed at the way he's being deployed.  and  If they keep using him strictly as a fullback, he's going to get hurt.

don't give up on the run game. Seven carries last game for Augustine.

I think it's a little early about thinking we have some disgruntled players. I'm not opposed to expanding Streveler's role but that's to improve the options, not to protect a players feelings.

The culture in Winnipeg is team first which is why we've been successful.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Tiger

Boom.  How do you get that play out of a duck pass. Mfhjbdiwijhtxfh
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

DCM

Maybe lost in the shuffle, but:

'With tonight's game, Coach O'Shea has broken the franchise record for most games coached.'
https://x.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1804313374605418814
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

The Zipp

Kramdi torched in deep coverage

Augustine and Collaros can't complete a handoff

Zach sacked for a loss

Need more practice I guess

dd

Nice whiff by kramdi, Just got burned by Hollis on the long pass,  That isn't going to get it done here, down 7 first series

DCM

Tyrell Ford off to the locker room w/ the trainers.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here