Main Menu

NFL Discussion

Started by ModAdmin, September 07, 2017, 05:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Nelson signs 2-year, $15M contract with the Raiders; Raiders release WR Crabtree.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Chris1982

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 15, 2018, 07:31:13 PM
Nelson signs 2-year, $15M contract with the Raiders; Raiders release WR Crabtree.

Raiders also sign Doug Martin - wondering where that leaves Marshawn Lynch.  Rumor is that Lynch will stay with the Raiders - interesting to see how that plays out.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 15, 2018, 07:31:13 PM
At this stage in Nelson's career, I'm not so sure that's an upgrade. 

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 15, 2018, 08:39:12 PM
At this stage in Nelson's career, I'm not so sure that's an upgrade. 

Nelson and Crabtree are pretty much at the same stage of their careers.  Nelson started in 2008, Crabtree in 2009.  Personally, I dont think the Raiders see Nelson as an upgrade, and more as a "roll of the dice".  I dont think they are happy with Crabtree, so they are going to test their luck with Nelson.  More of a boom or bust, in my opinion.

Chris1982

Quote from: Chris1982 on March 15, 2018, 09:47:44 PM
Nelson and Crabtree are pretty much at the same stage of their careers.  Nelson started in 2008, Crabtree in 2009.  Personally, I dont think the Raiders see Nelson as an upgrade, and more as a "roll of the dice".  I dont think they are happy with Crabtree, so they are going to test their luck with Nelson.  More of a boom or bust, in my opinion.

Crabtree rebounds and signs 3 year deal with Baltimore.

GOLDMEMBER

I think Nelson is done. He cannot stay healthy anymore
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Chris1982

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 17, 2018, 04:13:58 PM
I think Nelson is done. He cannot stay healthy anymore

I can not figure out how you came to that conclusion.  He has only missed 1 game total in the last 4 years.  You must be thinking of someone else.  Sure his production is down and he is not nearly as effective, but he never misses games.

The Zipp

Quote from: Chris1982 on March 17, 2018, 06:40:08 PM
I can not figure out how you came to that conclusion.  He has only missed 1 game total in the last 4 years.  You must be thinking of someone else.  Sure his production is down and he is not nearly as effective, but he never misses games.

He missed the entire 2015 season

Chris1982

Quote from: The Zipp on March 17, 2018, 07:12:00 PM
He missed the entire 2015 season

Right.  My bad.  He did recover well though and played the entire 2 seasons following that injury (save last game of last season). 

The Zipp

Quote from: Chris1982 on March 17, 2018, 07:13:52 PM
Right.  My bad.  He did recover well though and played the entire 2 seasons following that injury (save last game of last season). 

And last year he didn?t have Rogers for most of it.  I think he has one maybe two more good seasons in him.  If he can get a good connection with Carr going he will be ok

Chris1982

Quote from: The Zipp on March 17, 2018, 07:17:08 PM
And last year he didn?t have Rogers for most of it.  I think he has one maybe two more good seasons in him.  If he can get a good connection with Carr going he will be ok

Yeah, agreed.  Like I said before, I dont think the Raiders signed him in hopes of him being their savior.  They havent been happy with Crabtree for a while, so I think they just needed a temporary filler to cover his snaps.

gbill2004

Ian Rapoport: Marshawn Lynch will remain a member of the #Raiders. Sources say he is receiving his $1M roster bonus on March 18, a clear sign he?ll be their feature back? if there was any question.

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 17, 2018, 09:38:32 PM
Ian Rapoport: Marshawn Lynch will remain a member of the #Raiders. Sources say he is receiving his $1M roster bonus on March 18, a clear sign he?ll be their feature back? if there was any question.

Will be interesting to see how that backfield plays out with Doug Martin just signing.  They also have a couple of playmakers lobbying for carries.

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 23, 2018, 09:19:08 PM
From Rotoworld:

Former Dolphins and 49ers OL Jonathan Martin has been taken into police custody after posting a disturbing image on Instagram of a shotgun and ammunition, threatening "suicide" and/or "revenge".

Martin was the famous victim of "Bullygate" while with the Dolphins back in 2013. In the photo he posted on Friday, Martin wrote, "When you're a bully victim & a coward, your options are suicide, or revenge." In the photo, there was a shotgun and several rounds of shells lying on a bed, and Martin tagged former Dolphins teammates OG Richie Incognito and C Mike Pouncey. Martin also tagged two others, presumably from his old high school, while also tagging the #MiamiDolphins and #HarvardWestlake, his high school. Harvard Westlake subsequently shut down its campus after seeing the image. Martin was then taken into custody shortly after. The 28-year-old hasn't played in the NFL since 2014 and clearly has some mental issues. Thankfully, it didn't turn ugly.

As a result of this:

Mar 19 - 8:02 PM -

Former Dolphins and 49ers OL Jonathan Martin is being charged with four counts of making criminal threats and one count of possessing a loaded firearm in connection with his February 23 arrest in Los Angeles.
Martin posted a cryptic message on Instagram that day, suggesting he was out for some sort of "revenge" and tagged the Dolphins and his former high school in the post. In his possession were an ax, a large knife, and a loaded 12-gauge shotgun. 28-year-old Martin has a warrant out for his arrest.

-rotoworld.com

Chris1982

Giants trading DE Jason Pierre-Paul and a 2018 fourth-round pick to Buccaneers for a 2018 third-round pick and a fourth-round pick, source tells ESPN.

-As per Adam Schefter