Main Menu

NFL Discussion

Started by ModAdmin, September 07, 2017, 05:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

In the interest of keeping discussions specific to the NFL in one place, please use this thread for NFL opinions/views.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Sir Blue and Gold

I thought maybe a place to talk NFL is a good idea for those that follow the league and enjoy it - and also for those who like fantasy football. Seems to work great for the NHL and Jets threads.

A really great NFL season preview is here: https://www.sbnation.com/a/nfl-preview-2017

Some interesting predictions from that piece:

MVP? Dak Prescott. The Cowboys have all the pieces to be a juggernaut on offense again, but they?ll likely have to do without Ezekiel Elliott for a significant chunk of the season. If Prescott can be even better in his second season than he was as a rookie, and keep Dallas on track without Elliott, he could get the honor.

Most improved? Jared Goff. Expectations are low for Goff after his poor rookie season, but he was a No. 1 pick for a reason and his slow transition to the NFL was to be expected for an Air Raid quarterback. Now he has new tools to work with like Sammy Watkins and Gerald Everett in 2017.

Top Rookie? Dalvin Cook. The Vikings are going to need the running game to be strong this season, and the offensive line should be fine, injuries pending. Cook can ball.

First to be fired?
Todd Bowles. The Jets are in full-blown rebuild mode, and there?s very little reason to be optimistic that they can be competitive this year. Bowles? seat is so hot that it?s very nearly on fire.

Hope it's a good kickoff tonight! Is Tom getting too old?!

GOLDMEMBER

It's like a old friend returning the NFL is to me.

I'm in a suicide pool and took the Falcons to beat the Bears.

I'm a huge Brady fan and he's gonna kick some more butt for the GOAT

Great game tonight Tyreek Hill should be fun to see as well

Vikings VS Saints is intriguing as well.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 07, 2017, 06:10:11 PM
It's like a old friend returning the NFL is to me.

I'm in a suicide pool and took the Falcons to beat the Bears.

I'm a huge Brady fan and he's gonna kick some more butt for the GOAT

Great game tonight Tyreek Hill should be fun to see as well

Vikings VS Saints is intriguing as well.

Nice! I always find the first few weeks of the survivor pool the hardest! Who's playing the Jets this week :P That's who I'd pick...lol.

Colton

Attended my first ever game last year (Cowboys@Vikings), and those Vikings colour rush jerseys won me over. I've never really had a team when it comes to the NFL but I think I'm going to adopt the Vikings. I've loved Diggs since his first game in the NFL. Super exciting player to watch.

blue_or_die

Fond memories last year of hitting up Buffalo Wild Wings and watching a game Sundays last year when I lived in Pats Country. I shall do the same this year only with a slight hit to wing sauce flavour quantity :P :D
#Ride?

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 07, 2017, 08:02:53 PM
Fond memories last year of hitting up Buffalo Wild Wings and watching a game Sundays last year when I lived in Pats Country. I shall do the same this year only with a slight hit to wing sauce flavour quantity :P :D

Nice! Were you able to get close to the stadium on gameday and take in the atmosphere?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 07, 2017, 06:20:44 PM
Nice! I always find the first few weeks of the survivor pool the hardest! Who's playing the Jets this week :P That's who I'd pick...lol.
bills

blue_gold_84

Can't believe it's already that time of year... again!

Should be another exciting NFL season and a great game to kick it off tonight.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

MVP? Rogers

Rookie? Deshawn Watson

Improved? Cam Newton

Coach fired? Doug Marrone

SB Cowboys VS Patriots

Champion Patriots

The Zipp

Kareeeeem Hunt - whooooo!!  over 40 fantasy points!

Let's see how much Big Ben has left in him...

noticed the NFL refs (now full time) missed a blatant PI call last night...

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on September 08, 2017, 01:14:59 PM
Kareeeeem Hunt - whooooo!!  over 40 fantasy points!

Let's see how much Big Ben has left in him...

noticed the NFL refs (now full time) missed a blatant PI call last night...

...I think I might be in trouble week 1.

The Zipp

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 08, 2017, 01:17:40 PM
...I think I might be in trouble week 1.

The streak could be alive...we shall see - anything can happen.  Thought Cooks would get more points - Brady and him were off all night.  Apart from Hunt my RB's are really weak...just terrible actually.  These RB by committee teams are brutal for fantasy football.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on September 08, 2017, 01:26:22 PM
The streak could be alive...we shall see - anything can happen.  Thought Cooks would get more points - Brady and him were off all night.  Apart from Hunt my RB's are really weak...just terrible actually.  These RB by committee teams are brutal for fantasy football.

Tom and the offence didn't look very good last night despite the hot start. He still looks like he has the arm, but if he has to rely on all those deep shots down the sideline than I think the Patriots can be defended this year. That's not really his game and it showed last night. The defence looked even worse. Which, I guess injuries can somewhat explain away but injuries happen and I doubt they're going to get a ton healthy over the course of 16 games. Awful break for Eric Berry. He's tough not to cheer for.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 07, 2017, 09:02:05 PM
Nice! Were you able to get close to the stadium on gameday and take in the atmosphere?

Unfortunately no, getting tickets wasn't in the cards for my time there. And while it would have been fun to go some place around the stadium, we weren't up to facing the horrible traffic for hours just for wings :P
#Ride?