Main Menu

NFL Discussion

Started by ModAdmin, September 07, 2017, 05:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris1982

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Chris1982

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 10, 2018, 05:44:52 PM
and Drew Brees

LOL - Brees wont get more than a 2 year deal.... no way this massive contract to Garrapolo has much impact on Brees.

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 08, 2018, 08:06:10 PM
Great news for Aaron Rodgers!

Not sure how this impacts Rodgers right now at all... he is signed up until 2020.... he makes 20 million per season in 2018 and 2019.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Chris1982 on February 10, 2018, 06:25:50 PM
LOL - Brees wont get more than a 2 year deal.... no way this massive contract to Garrapolo has much impact on Brees.

I?d love to have you eat you comments

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on February 10, 2018, 10:18:57 PM
Not sure how this impacts Rodgers right now at all... he is signed up until 2020.... he makes 20 million per season in 2018 and 2019.

A good analysis here: https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/2/8/16993200/what-does-jimmy-garoppolos-contract-mean-for-aaron-rodgers-future-deal

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 10, 2018, 11:36:42 PM
A good analysis here: https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/2/8/16993200/what-does-jimmy-garoppolos-contract-mean-for-aaron-rodgers-future-deal

This article is very speculative and biased.

The guy who wrote this is a biased Packers fan who is pretty much just stating the obvious - that supply and demand talented QBs contracts continue to increase.

He speculates about "waiting" til maybe Ryan or Wilson get their new contracts, which could be 2 years from now, and he also mentions his "theoretical" 5 year deal for Rodgers.  And "if they want to wait to maximize".

With the logic of this being great news for Rodgers, you could also use that same logic and replace Rodgers name with pretty much any other good QB who is due for a new contract in the next 3 years.

Kirk Cousins is next up in line for a contract, which is why he should be the happiest right now. 

Any real NFL fan can see this guy just has his head up Rodgers *** about as far as it can go.

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on February 11, 2018, 01:00:18 AM
This article is very speculative and biased.

The guy who wrote this is a biased Packers fan who is pretty much just stating the obvious - that supply and demand talented QBs contracts continue to increase.

He speculates about "waiting" til maybe Ryan or Wilson get their new contracts, which could be 2 years from now, and he also mentions his "theoretical" 5 year deal for Rodgers.  And "if they want to wait to maximize".

With the logic of this being great news for Rodgers, you could also use that same logic and replace Rodgers name with pretty much any other good QB who is due for a new contract in the next 3 years.

Kirk Cousins is next up in line for a contract, which is why he should be the happiest right now. 

Any real NFL fan can see this guy just has his head up Rodgers *** about as far as it can go.

Cool, you disagree with the article. I happen to think it?s a pretty intelligent look at the QB landscape over the next few years and how the Garoppolo contract impacts other upcoming QB contracts, including Rodgers, especially related to guaranteed money. Pretty interesting how Rodgers and his agent might be looking at a contract for Rodgers directly linked to increases in the cap. While it certainly impacts Cousins immediately, only looking at the next QB up is taking a very short term perspective on the issue.

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 11, 2018, 01:09:02 AM
Cool, you disagree with the article. I happen to think it?s a pretty intelligent look at the QB landscape over the next few years and how the Garoppolo contract impacts other upcoming QB contracts, including Rodgers, especially related to guaranteed money. Pretty interesting how Rodgers and his agent might be looking at a contract for Rodgers directly linked to increases in the cap. While it certainly impacts Cousins immediately, only looking at the next QB up is taking a very short term perspective on the issue.

Yes.  I agree.  That was the point that I made in my previous statement.  That it relates to other upcoming QB contracts, especially for guaranteed money. 

I can see why the writer singled out Rodgers (because he writes for the Packers), but I did not understand as to why you singled out Rodgers, when it can be related to numerous QBs in the NFL.

gbill2004

From Rotoworld:

Former Dolphins and 49ers OL Jonathan Martin has been taken into police custody after posting a disturbing image on Instagram of a shotgun and ammunition, threatening "suicide" and/or "revenge".

Martin was the famous victim of "Bullygate" while with the Dolphins back in 2013. In the photo he posted on Friday, Martin wrote, "When you're a bully victim & a coward, your options are suicide, or revenge." In the photo, there was a shotgun and several rounds of shells lying on a bed, and Martin tagged former Dolphins teammates OG Richie Incognito and C Mike Pouncey. Martin also tagged two others, presumably from his old high school, while also tagging the #MiamiDolphins and #HarvardWestlake, his high school. Harvard Westlake subsequently shut down its campus after seeing the image. Martin was then taken into custody shortly after. The 28-year-old hasn't played in the NFL since 2014 and clearly has some mental issues. Thankfully, it didn't turn ugly.

gbill2004

Packers president Mark Murphy said the team is working on an extension for Aaron Rodgers.
Rodgers became the league's highest-paid player when he signed a five-year, $110 million extension in 2013. He has since outplayed that deal and is now the sixth-highest-paid quarterback. The expectation is Rodgers' new deal will surpass the $27.5 million per year that Jimmy Garoppolo got from the 49ers earlier this year. Rodgers is still technically in his prime at 34 years old.

gbill2004

Matt Forte retired today.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 28, 2018, 10:47:20 PM
Matt Forte retired today.

Who? Don?t you mean the Kia Forte?

gbill2004

Browns traded for Jarvis Landry and Tyrod Taylor.

Jesse

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 09, 2018, 10:08:12 PM
Browns traded for Jarvis Landry and Tyrod Taylor.

And like 8 others.
My wife is amazing!