NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colton

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 04, 2015, 09:13:49 PM
Those are all opinion based as well

Yes, when the vast majority of the fans, experts, players, coaches, GM's, etc... believe a certain player to be the best in the league, it's probably because he is.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 07:29:38 PM
Lately, last few years, entire careers, any time frame you want to use.
no Ladd has been better in the last few games

Obviously your a bigger Hawk fan to ;)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Colton

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 04, 2015, 09:23:39 PM
no Ladd has been better in the last few games

Obviously your a bigger Hawk fan to ;)

Nah, it's definitely been Toews. ;)

Not a big fan of the Hawks... Still hurting from that sweep in 2010.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 09:26:52 PM
Nah, it's definitely been Toews. ;)

Not a big fan of the Hawks... Still hurting from that sweep in 2010.
nah Ladd better. Glad to hear your hurting :'(

Get over it man! it's a matter of opinion you're like a ---- of a wife here.

Got it poindexter

AngryGreg

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 09:21:10 PM
Yes, when the vast majority of the fans, experts, players, coaches, GM's, etc... believe a certain player to be the best in the league, it's probably because he is.

we were talking about he will go down in history...not last years Hockey News Rankings
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

Colton

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 04, 2015, 09:33:40 PM
nah Ladd better. Glad to hear your hurting :'(

Get over it man! it's a matter of opinion you're like a ---- of a wife here.

Got it poindexter

Were we actually arguing? I thought we were messing around. Must have misread that situation.

I don't see how something performance based can be a manner of opinion though. If one player is clearly performing at a much higher level than another player in a performance based league, that player is objectively a better player. If it's close, it becomes a little less objective but this isn't one of those cases.

Unless you think Ladd is a better player because he brings better storylines to the team...  :P

Colton

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 04, 2015, 09:38:15 PM
we were talking about he will go down in history...not last years Hockey News Rankings

Yes, and it's very clear that Crosby will go down in history as a better player than Toews. You started arguing it's because he's shoved down peoples throats and I told you it's because he is clearly seen as a better hockey player by the extremely vast majority of people who follow this sport, and even those who don't. If you go up to someone who knows nothing of hockey and ask them to name a current player the most frequent response you'll get is Crosby. It's the same as if you asked the best hockey player of all time to someone who doesn't know the sport. You're going to hear Gretzky incredibly frequently, and probably never hear the name Lemieux. History will/has show(n) Gretzky was the greatest to play the sport. There are people who will drill down deeper and get technical and make legitimate arguments that Lemieux is actually the best to play the game just like people can do for a Toews > Crosby argument but that's something completely different than who will go down in history as a better player.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 09:42:15 PM
Were we actually arguing? I thought we were messing around. Must have misread that situation.

I don't see how something performance based can be a manner of opinion though. If one player is clearly performing at a much higher level than another player in a performance based league, that player is objectively a better player. If it's close, it becomes a little less objective but this isn't one of those cases.

Unless you think Ladd is a better player because he brings better storylines to the team...  :P
ok who's single?  :D I joke around to. Don't forget yer pocket protector. :-[

Colton

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 04, 2015, 09:58:34 PM
ok who's single?  :D I joke around to. Don't forget yer pocket protector. :-[

I'm more on the nerd/techy side ;) No pocket protectors but I have spent entire nights discussing video game lore and the like.

Jesse

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 04, 2015, 09:38:15 PM

He's a three-time Lester B. Pearson Award Winner, two-time MVP, five-time all star, two-time scoring leader, Rocket Richard trophy. And he's only 27.

I think he'll go down as one of the greats.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

IMO, it's still way too early to know one way or the other who the "better" player will be. Both still have long careers ahead of them.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 09:47:08 PM
Yes, and it's very clear that Crosby will go down in history as a better player than Toews. You started arguing it's because he's shoved down peoples throats and I told you it's because he is clearly seen as a better hockey player by the extremely vast majority of people who follow this sport, and even those who don't. If you go up to someone who knows nothing of hockey and ask them to name a current player the most frequent response you'll get is Crosby. It's the same as if you asked the best hockey player of all time to someone who doesn't know the sport. You're going to hear Gretzky incredibly frequently, and probably never hear the name Lemieux. History will/has show(n) Gretzky was the greatest to play the sport. There are people who will drill down deeper and get technical and make legitimate arguments that Lemieux is actually the best to play the game just like people can do for a Toews > Crosby argument but that's something completely different than who will go down in history as a better player.

Crosby is a great hockey player thats not in doubt i dont think.

Some people dont base their opinion on what everyone tells them and it might even not be based on stats or things they won.

You cant shoot down a persons opinion....   Unless that opinion is based on stats and what others tell you.

Id pick Toews to lead my team over Crosby every day.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

AngryGreg

Quote from: Jesse on March 05, 2015, 12:22:38 AM
He's a three-time Lester B. Pearson Award Winner, two-time MVP, five-time all star, two-time scoring leader, Rocket Richard trophy. And he's only 27.

I think he'll go down as one of the greats.

of course he will..im clearly not saying hes a bad player, i understand hes a great player...all im saying is that the hockey world tends to shove Crosby down our throats and i get tired of it

Toews has won just as much, besides the scoring titles, and you barely hear a peep...hell, even Doughty

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 05, 2015, 02:49:44 AM
of course he will..im clearly not saying hes a bad player, i understand hes a great player...all im saying is that the hockey world tends to shove Crosby down our throats and i get tired of it

Toews has won just as much, besides the scoring titles, and you barely hear a peep...hell, even Doughty
yes and no toews gets his love as well i think.

AngryGreg

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 05, 2015, 12:57:30 PM
yes and no toews gets his love as well i think.

well..i subscribe to the hockey news magazine...Crosby has been on the cover more times then i care to count...i cant even recall seeing Toews on the cover

before Crosby played an NHL game they compared him to Gretzky...stop the madness!!! :P