NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 07, 2018, 04:39:39 AM

you have very lil idea how this works

In your world tell me how all these other teams can pay core guys and why we cant?

Do you think True North is stupid? Dont you think they have gone over this a million times? Good grief man.  Think they went over this as they built it?

Do you really think they got to a point that they have no idea how to keep guys?

This is not something slapped together. This is a team thats been built. Its been done over years. Contracts done to offset others.....

We have 55 mil cost....  We can go to 80.

You have ill idea how this works. Of course they?ll keep the core guys they want to keep, but that means some guys will need to go. Guys like Perreault, Myers, Kulikov, Mason, Enstrom and maybe even Buff and Little. Can?t keep everyone, and of course I think Chevy has a plan.

Here?s how I see the guys we want to keep on non-bridge deals:
Laine: $10 million
Ehlers: $6 million (already signed and comes into effect next season)
Trouba: $6 million
Morrissey: $6 million
Connor: $6 million
Wheeler: $7.5 million (approx $2 mill raise from current deal)
Hellebuyck: $6 million

I?m not even factoring in eventual raises here for guys like Lowry, Roslovic, Copp, Armia, Poolman etc. It?s a simple fact we can?t keep everyone. The reason we have this window now is because we have so many talented guys who are producing at a high level on entry level contracts; Morrissey, Connor, Laine, Ehlers, Helle, are all playing for peanuts. Once that window closes in a couple years, some of the vets will need to go.

theaardvark

In your world tell me how all these other teams can pay core guys and why we cant?

Do you think True North is stupid? Dont you think they have gone over this a million times? Good grief man.  Think they went over this as they built it?

Do you really think they got to a point that they have no idea how to keep guys?

This is not something slapped together. This is a team thats been built. Its been done over years. Contracts done to offset others.....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=WIN

You are bout $15-20 mil shy on your current cap... depending on whose numbers you go by, we are at $70-75mil on our cap...  and the cap is $75mil for this year.

For next year, we are at $54million.  For the 14 players we have under current contract (plus 600k for Stewart). 

Scheiffele - 6.125
Wheeler 5.6
Little 5.3
Perreault  4.125
Ehlers 6
Roslovic .9
Copp - 1
Connor  .925
Laine  .925
Buff 7.6
Myers 5.5
Kulikov 4.33
Chiarot 1.4
Mason 4.1

Which means we have $21 million to pay:

Stasny (or replacement)
Matthias (or replacement)
Armia
Dano
Petan
Tanev
Enstrom (or replacement)
Trouba
Poolman
Morrissey
Hellebuyck

Stasny, Mathias, Enstrom will probably be replaced by Appleton. Lemieux and Niku at about $1 mil each, so that leaves 18 mil for the rest...

Armia, Dano, Petan, Tanev, Poolman are all in the $1mil range as well.  That leaves $14 mil for:

Trouba  $6mil
Morissey  $4mil
Hellebuyck  $6mil

And that puts us $2 mil over the cap, assuming we can get all them at those numbers.  Cap might go up $2mil, so we might be safe...

Not sure where your figures are coming from, but I think they may be passing hemorrhoids on their way...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Colton

Good teams lose good players to cap space issues, it isn't always a result of mismanagement and it's not the end of the world. Chicago lost guys like Ladd and Byfuglien among others and continued to dominate.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on April 08, 2018, 02:01:41 AM
Good teams lose good players to cap space issues, it isn't always a result of mismanagement and it's not the end of the world. Chicago lost guys like Ladd and Byfuglien among others and continued to dominate.

Well said.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 07, 2018, 03:52:09 PM
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=WIN

You are bout $15-20 mil shy on your current cap... depending on whose numbers you go by, we are at $70-75mil on our cap...  and the cap is $75mil for this year.

For next year, we are at $54million.  For the 14 players we have under current contract (plus 600k for Stewart). 

Scheiffele - 6.125
Wheeler 5.6
Little 5.3
Perreault  4.125
Ehlers 6
Roslovic .9
Copp - 1
Connor  .925
Laine  .925
Buff 7.6
Myers 5.5
Kulikov 4.33
Chiarot 1.4
Mason 4.1

Which means we have $21 million to pay:

Stasny (or replacement)
Matthias (or replacement)
Armia
Dano
Petan
Tanev
Enstrom (or replacement)
Trouba
Poolman
Morrissey
Hellebuyck

Stasny, Mathias, Enstrom will probably be replaced by Appleton. Lemieux and Niku at about $1 mil each, so that leaves 18 mil for the rest...

Armia, Dano, Petan, Tanev, Poolman are all in the $1mil range as well.  That leaves $14 mil for:

Trouba  $6mil
Morissey  $4mil
Hellebuyck  $6mil

And that puts us $2 mil over the cap, assuming we can get all them at those numbers.  Cap might go up $2mil, so we might be safe...

Not sure where your figures are coming from, but I think they may be passing hemorrhoids on their way...

I said at cost meaning next year. Why would i care about now?

I said next year we are at around 55mil. Depending where u look we can go to 80. Our numbers are close.

I never said we will keep everyone. I said we will and can keep the core. One bad contract as some have said will make us lose a better long term player. Or a leader. Gbill said we might lose Wheeler.

Wont happen. We can buy it out if need be and not effect others.

gbill2004

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 09, 2018, 10:42:04 PM

I said next year we are at around 55mil. Depending where u look we can go to 80. Our numbers are close.

I never said we will keep everyone. I said we will and can keep the core. One bad contract as some have said will make us lose a better long term player. Or a leader. Gbill said we might lose Wheeler.

Buyouts you still need to pay 2/3 of the contract over twice the remaining length...it's not free cap space. 

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 09, 2018, 10:50:20 PM
Buyouts you still need to pay 2/3 of the contract over twice the remaining length...it's not free cap space. 

We wont lose Wheeler because of one bad contract.

I have no doubt we will lose some. Its not what im saying. Im not even worried about it.

A guy like Stash might be more intrested in a Cup then money. Guys have signed up long. He may want to stick around and see

theaardvark

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 09, 2018, 10:42:04 PM

The big issue is that Laine is going to be needing a new contract before we lose any big deals off the roster.  Myers, Mason and Wheeler are signed through 2019, Kulikov 2020, Perreault and Buff 2021.  Not a lot of space coming available.  Its a given we walk from Stasny, Enstrom and Mathias, but that just barely pays for Morrissey and Hellebuyck, and there is Trouba to sign.  I still think that Trouba is going to be allowed to sign an offer sheet, if it is small enough, we'll match and maybe trade, big enough and we'll take the picks.  He is a far more disposable piece than Morrissey...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 10, 2018, 04:09:44 AM
The big issue is that Laine is going to be needing a new contract before we lose any big deals off the roster.  Myers, Mason and Wheeler are signed through 2019, Kulikov 2020, Perreault and Buff 2021.  Not a lot of space coming available.  Its a given we walk from Stasny, Enstrom and Mathias, but that just barely pays for Morrissey and Hellebuyck, and there is Trouba to sign.  I still think that Trouba is going to be allowed to sign an offer sheet, if it is small enough, we'll match and maybe trade, big enough and we'll take the picks.  He is a far more disposable piece than Morrissey...

Im not or never said wed not lose players....  we will. lm saying we will work in the people we need to.

theaardvark

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 09, 2018, 11:11:57 PM
We wont lose Wheeler because of one bad contract.

I have no doubt we will lose some. Its not what im saying. Im not even worried about it.

A guy like Stash might be more intrested in a Cup then money. Guys have signed up long. He may want to stick around and see

No way we can afford Stasny.  St. Louis will take him back at $6 mil+, we just don't have that in the coffers next year. 

Its going to be hard enough to afford Morrissey and Hellebuyck, let alone Lowry and Trouba.  A discounted Stasny would still be $5mil, and that would not be do-able, 44 and 37 are far more important.

gbill2004

@TSNRyanRishaug: SJHL will have conference call tomorrow, 12 community owned teams will be represented by 12 appointed Governors.  A vote will be held on what to do with remainder of playoffs, majority rules.  All options open for discussion by the group I'm told.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 10, 2018, 06:10:45 AM
No way we can afford Stasny.  St. Louis will take him back at $6 mil+, we just don't have that in the coffers next year. 

Its going to be hard enough to afford Morrissey and Hellebuyck, let alone Lowry and Trouba.  A discounted Stasny would still be $5mil, and that would not be do-able, 44 and 37 are far more important.

I guess we will see.

Does Chevy have a ton of work to do?....  Yup

Will we lose a guy or 2?  Yup.

But i read on here we could lose Wheeler because of Littles contract

Thats not going to happen.

Does Stash want a last huge contract? I have no clue....  non of us do.

ModAdmin

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 09, 2018, 08:12:57 PM
Figured id post this here....... 

https://www.bardown.com/a-new-movement-to-honour-the-humboldt-broncos-emerged-overnight-1.1050946   

Bombers to light stadium green & yellow for Humboldt Broncos

WINNIPEG, MB., April 10, 2018 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers will be lighting Investors Group Field green and yellow Thursday night to honour the members of the Humboldt Broncos junior hockey team that were involved in a tragic bus accident last Friday.

From players to coaches, staff and fans, the hearts of the entire Blue Bombers organization are with the community of Humboldt, Saskatchewan during this difficult time. The stadium will be lit in Broncos team colours from 8:30-9:30 p.m. Thursday evening in tribute to the players, staff and families affected.

"In light of this unimaginable tragedy, no words seem to suffice to clearly express our anguish and heartbreak for the community of Humboldt," said President & CEO, Wade Miller. "We stand in compassion with all those affected and wish them strength and comfort as they begin the healing process."

A large banner will also be in the Bomber Store from Thursday to Sunday for fans wishing to write a message to the community of Humboldt, and will be sent to the Broncos organization next week.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Chris1982

As always Pens are looking very good in the playoffs.  As usual, they play just above average in the regular season and come alive in the playoffs.  Crosby being his typical self last night with 3 goals.  They could be SC favourites again.