Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Hamilton October 4, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 03, 2024, 04:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on October 05, 2024, 02:26:13 AMWhich team would give the Riders a physical beating in the WSF?

At this point it's virtually guaranteed it's BC/SSK in the WSF.  EDM & CGY are extreme long shots.

So the question is how much can we have BC/SSK get beat up before they play the WSF and WDF.  And who we prefer to face in WDF.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on October 05, 2024, 02:10:40 AMFelt like that wasn't the plan going in, but made the switch and never looked back.

Yes, we certainly tried the air game from last week.  Demski on the seam, Kenny in the deep zone, etc.  HAM did their film study and covered it all.  And DBs were holding up our guys just that little bit to make them all overthrows.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 05, 2024, 03:18:02 AMAt this point it's virtually guaranteed it's BC/SSK in the WSF.  EDM & CGY are extreme long shots.

So the question is how much can we have BC/SSK get beat up before they play the WSF and WDF.  And who we prefer to face in WDF.
I'd prefer to play BC. No one wants to play a dirty scumbag team like the Riders.
Go Bombers!

Horseman

I guess TSN is using Sask math, they list the Bombers in 1st in the west with a 10-6 record for 18 points, REALLY TSN, in Manitoba 10 wins means 20 points.

J5V

Go Bombers!

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Wheatfall also left for a long stretch and came back, apparently.

ModAdmin

It's pretty incredible to think we started 2 and 6 and we are now 10 and 6 on the cusp of locking up first place in the west.  That is what I call a Comeback, with a capital C!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 05, 2024, 04:59:29 AMIt's pretty incredible to think we started 2 and 6 and we are now 10 and 6 on the cusp of locking up first place in the west.  That is what I call a Comeback, with a capital C!

I no longer worry about how the Bombers are playing at the end of the regular season, it's what happens in the playoffs that freaks me out.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 05, 2024, 05:43:36 AMI no longer worry about how the Bombers are playing at the end of the regular season, it's what happens in the playoffs that freaks me out.

But they have a major advantage of "been there done that".  They know how to pull out the win if it's at all feasible.  Except the cup -- anything can happen in the cup.

But the best part is they never get flustered and they never give up, even in the cups.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on October 05, 2024, 02:11:10 AMHe was announced out during halftime, but didn't notice when it happened.

Good to see Cole in for an entire half, he looks quite large when standing next to the other DB's.

TecnoGenius

HAM could still crossover to the W if they win their last 2 and SSK loses all 3, right?  Wouldn't that be hilarious if SSK ends up beating EDM in the standings but still loses out to a crossover!

I think a W->E crossover is now mathematically impossible.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Revisiting the holding call: 2Q9:33 on Lofton, killed our drive by putting us 1st & 20 at our 26.

It's on screen on the live shot from a high in-the-stands side cam.  So that's good.

Lofton is holding his DL guy as Brady is clearly going edge around.  Yes, he's at the point of attack.  But as Brady gets close he lets go; certainly by the time Brady gets there.  The D has a chance to make a play.

I was right: this was a weak call and they have been letting these go 95% of the time all season.  Last year they probably call these when they see them, but not this year.

What probably clinched it was the DL guy doing the old "my arm is in the air, see I'm being held!" routine.  Still, I watch for these things all the time and even point-of-attack holds like this are going uncalled unless they are insanely egregious.
Never go full Rider!