Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Hamilton October 4, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 03, 2024, 04:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Another big game with playoff implications and the Blue Bombers in full control of their own destiny.

The TiCats have had the Bombers number in recent games played in Hamilton but the past is past and this Bomber team is on a role that sees them getting better and more productive offensively with each game.

Ed Tait's 48-Hour Primer speaks to Kenny Lawler's progression since his return to the lineup as well as the current Bomber injury report.

Game time 6:00 pm CDT on TSN1 and TSN4

Let's Go Bombers!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Strange practice/injury progression there for Demski... and Feltmate/Wallace are full/full out?  Also strange, unless we are telegraphing there's no room on the AR for them?
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 03, 2024, 06:59:13 AMStrange practice/injury progression there for Demski... and Feltmate/Wallace are full/full out?  Also strange, unless we are telegraphing there's no room on the AR for them?

That usually happens when the player has a soft tissue injury or something and the team knows for certain he can play through, albeit with some discomfort. Wind him up, do the full install day and then let him rest until game day.

gobombersgo

Derek Taylor   @DTonOB
Zero need to change anything after that last performance. So, zero changes for the Bombers roster for Friday in Hamilton.

I should note: Demski was 'Limited' in practice Wednesday with a knee problem. Bombers list him as a game-time decision for Friday.

gobombersgo

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 03, 2024, 06:59:13 AMStrange practice/injury progression there for Demski... and Feltmate/Wallace are full/full out?  Also strange, unless we are telegraphing there's no room on the AR for them?

They are still on the 6 game list but are now allowed to practice. They probably won't play next week either as they will be kept on the injured list for all 6 games to save some SMS.

theaardvark

Not sure what the 6 game implications are for them, might just be that they are allowed to practice, but not allowed to come off the 6 game without penalty.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

I was at practice on Tuesday. I still didn't think Wallace was ready to play. Did some drills and took a few reps, but didn't look ready to play. On the other hand, Woli82 running sprints, looked very good. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: gobombersgo on October 03, 2024, 02:39:22 PMThey are still on the 6 game list but are now allowed to practice. They probably won't play next week either as they will be kept on the injured list for all 6 games to save some SMS.

Both are on ELC's and close if not at the CFL minimum. So unless they come off within an early window there is no SMS savings or cost.

Bombers mode is to allow some additional time to get back to playing condition after an extended time on 6 game IR. Hopefully they will be ready at some point to allow them to be activated. In particular getting Wallace back as depth would be useful.  In the meantime, we go with those that are healthy.

If Demski can't play we're going to need to add another receiver who will likely be an import. We don't have a lot of experience depth that is healthy.

Just a guess but Whitehead might be the starter even though he's not been 100% for several weeks. That would mean we need another returner to be added.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on October 03, 2024, 03:11:20 PMI was at practice on Tuesday. I still didn't think Wallace was ready to play. Did some drills and took a few reps, but didn't look ready to play. On the other hand, Woli82 running sprints, looked very good. 

Wallace probably remains on the 6-game for the rest of the season, not much savings to be had but I guess every bit counts. They know what he can do and he'll get his big chance next year, so it's all good. If they need an extra OL they'll probably dress Randolph instead.

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 03, 2024, 03:30:20 PMWallace probably remains on the 6-game for the rest of the season, not much savings to be had but I guess every bit counts. They know what he can do and he'll get his big chance next year, so it's all good. If they need an extra OL they'll probably dress Randolph instead.

Will depend on ratio.  If he can come off the 6 game onto the 1 game, he will, and will be a game time decision each week, based on ratio...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on October 03, 2024, 03:37:39 PMWill depend on ratio.  If he can come off the 6 game onto the 1 game, he will, and will be a game time decision each week, based on ratio...

We've been starting more than 7 Canadians all year. Ratio isn't really in play in that decision for Wallace. If he was added this week, I'd think Weitz comes off as the 2nd global which is the optional choice. Looking at our IR and our PR there are note exactly many current choices to add another Canadian.

When he's healthy I would think he'd be added under that scenario. OL depth has more value than the 2nd global at the moment.  Leaving him on the 1 game IR does add an SMS hit. The global would be bumped back to PR.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Ratio not only takes into account starters, but AR as well.  Only so many DI's. 

gobombersgo

If Demski can't go easiest thing to do would be to dress Murphy.