Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Hamilton October 4, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 03, 2024, 04:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: J5V on October 05, 2024, 02:08:51 AMI believe Ayers was injured.

He was announced out during halftime, but didn't notice when it happened.
My wife is amazing!

Doublezero

Quote from: J5V on October 05, 2024, 02:08:51 AMI believe Ayers was injured.
What about Brandon Alexander? Seemed like he missed much of the game.
Just gimme the rock.

Jesse

Quote from: Doublezero on October 05, 2024, 02:11:59 AMWhat about Brandon Alexander? Seemed like he missed much of the game.

Alexander, Ayers, and Wilson were declared out at halftime.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

I can understand Wilson being kept out of the game after that hit. Precaution is wise.

Didn't see Ayers or Alexander getting injured.

Anyone know when or what happened to those two? Can't afford to lose more players.

I noticed that Kelly was in on defence quite a bit. He may have been on at the same time as Hallett, but I'm not sure. Either way, he's doing well most of the time and experience is going to help.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 05, 2024, 02:21:13 AMI can understand Wilson being kept out of the game after that hit. Precaution is wise.

Didn't see Ayers of Alexander getting injured.

Anyone know when or what happened to those two? Can't afford to lose more players.

I noticed that Kelly was in on defence quite a bit. He may have been on at the same time as Hallett, but I'm not sure. Either way, he's doing well most of the time and experience is going to help.

Ayers might have been a hit on special teams but I couldn't quite tell. Didn't see Alexander.

Horseman

I saw Alexander holding his right hand/arm at the end of a Ham passing play.

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 05, 2024, 02:08:02 AMSo with our win BC can't touch us... so should we cheer for BC to win?  I was going to cheer for CGY.

Which team would give the Riders a physical beating in the WSF?
Go Bombers!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 05, 2024, 02:08:02 AMSo with our win BC can't touch us... so should we cheer for BC to win?  I was going to cheer for CGY
QuoteIt doesn't matter.

I'm rooting for Calgary because funny.
My wife is amazing!

markf

I think Ayers made a big hit on a kick return, maybe got hurt on that play.

Very enjoyable game.

Tip:    CJOB play by play is just a second or so behind the TSN video stream....

Makes the game Much more interesting.

Sergio105

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 05, 2024, 01:05:38 AMIt's weird that they do that too. All injuries in the NFL are treated like breaking news alerts. I get the difference in production but all you need to do is monitor the team's Twitter.
Gone are the days when you could watch the game on tv and listen to the commentary on CJOB! Went to garage for a smoke at half-time and turned on the radio. The third quarter was just starting, while TSN still had the panel talking about the game. I turned off the radio when game was at 8 minutes and on tv they were just going to begin the Paul Police playbook. TSN did not start the third quarter for at least another 10 minutes!
I sure everyone noticed that at the end of the third TSN went to commercial and when the game resumed, the clock was at 8 minutes. I guess the first 7 minutes were not important enough to televise. What is going on with TSN???
Everyone is entitled to my opinion!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Sergio105 on October 05, 2024, 02:39:39 AMGone are the days when you could watch the game on tv and listen to the commentary on CHOB! Went to garage for a smoke at half-time and turned on the radio. The third quarter was just starting, while TSN still had the panel talking about the game. I turned off the radio when game was at 8 minutes and on tv they were just going to begin the Paul Police playbook. TSN did not staart the third quarter for at least another 10 minutes!
I sure everyone noticed that at the end of the third TSN went to commercial and when the game resumed, the clock was at 8 minutes. I guess the first 7 minutes were not important enough to televise. What is going on with TSN???

You must have been smoking some good stuff in the garage man.

Blitzer

Quote from: markf on October 05, 2024, 02:28:21 AMI think Ayers made a big hit on a kick return, maybe got hurt on that play.

Very enjoyable game.

Tip:    CJOB play by play is just a second or so behind the TSN video stream....

Makes the game Much more interesting.

I agree. I listen on CJOB and watch on TSN. Then I don't miss any of the big plays.

Sergio105

It used to be a 5 second delay on tv but this was over 10 minutes!  I was not smoking the funny stuff! My buddies laughed when I described the first six plays before they even happened.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion!

Blitzer

Quote from: Sergio105 on October 05, 2024, 02:46:40 AMIt used to be a 5 second delay on tv but this was over 10 minutes!  I was not smoking the funny stuff! My buddies laughed when I described the first six plays before they even happened.

That's interesting. I watch TSN on a streaming box and sometimes it delays things even more to smooth over dropouts. Mine is normally 2 plays behind.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 05, 2024, 02:41:33 AMYou must have been smoking some good stuff in the garage man.

You're supposed to turn the car off when you shut the garage door!!

:D  :D  :D

Seriously though, I'll check out what you describe on my PVR later.  Sounds crazy, but you never know.  Are you talking about TSN on broadcast TV or some weird streaming thing?

Everything on TSN is predictable.  First half is always ~75 mins long.  Halftime is ~16 mins.  Very easy to skip around if you're behind on the PVR.
Never go full Rider!