Trade deadline - Oct 1st

Started by gobombersgo, September 24, 2024, 05:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 30, 2024, 03:37:21 PMWill any team make any sort of significant trade today? It's crunch time.

Nope.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Watching the TSN coverage of "Trade Watch CFL 2024"...

Riveting
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Is the deadline midnight (what TZ?) or like end-of-business (5pm eastern?)?
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

What? No Brock for Clements trade? Only crickets! ;)

TecnoGenius

So, past midnight and not a single trade?  CFL is such a weird league.  Everyone is just content to stand pat, eh?

Well, I hope it works out for us this year!!  We ain't going to that cup and failing again, no way, no how.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 02, 2024, 05:51:03 AMSo, past midnight and not a single trade?  CFL is such a weird league.  Everyone is just content to stand pat, eh?

Well, I hope it works out for us this year!! We ain't going to that cup and failing again, no way, no how.

At this time I only see two teams dangerous enough to prevent another Bomber GC win, the Argos and the Als have strong enough defences when playing at their best to shut the Bomber offence O down.  If Kelly or Fajardo elevate their game and outperform Zach on that one day, anything can happen. If Zach elevates his game, no contest.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 02, 2024, 04:34:07 PMAt this time I only see two teams dangerous enough to prevent another Bomber GC win, the Argos and the Als have strong enough defences when playing at their best to shut the Bomber offence O down.  If Kelly or Fajardo elevate their game and outperform Zach on that one day, anything can happen. If Zach elevates his game, no contest.

I said it last year and I'll say it again this year. Injuries can derail the best of plans / chances. Bombers could well have won in 2023 if not for all those late season injuries. That's the key to have your best roster available to play.

Every one of us can name the players we can't afford to lose going into the playoffs. I think we've had our share of injuries already. Hopefully our luck has changes and we can go into the playoffs healthy.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 02, 2024, 05:51:03 AMSo, past midnight and not a single trade?  CFL is such a weird league.  Everyone is just content to stand pat, eh?

Well, I hope it works out for us this year!!  We ain't going to that cup and failing again, no way, no how.

This year, the league is so tight that there isn't a single "seller".  And with one year and non guaranteed deals, so much less incentive to trade.  And the IR's on every team are pretty long, so there are fewer assets to trade, and more "help on the way" with players healing before the playoffs.

It takes a perfect store for a trade i the best of times.  Getting a late pick for Dru on an expiring deal was our last trade, right? Turned into Ethan Kalra, who is back at Waterloo this year.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

Collaros is just hitting his stride now with our offense. If he stays healthy, I don't see anyone touching us. We have a  pound it out run game, and kicker who can make them consistently from the 50, all Collaros has to do is not turn the ball over and its over.

Stats Junkie

Twitter: @Stats_Junkie

I am a Stats Junkie, a Rules Junkie & a Canadian Football History Junkie!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Stats Junkie on October 02, 2024, 06:07:55 PMTo BC - Jeshrun Antwi
To Mtl - 3rd round pick (2025)

https://www.bclions.com/2024/10/02/lions-acquire-running-back-jeshrun-antwi-from-montreal/

Deadline is 6pm ET

Good pick up for the Lions, solid Natl. running back who comes with his own trick play.

theaardvark

So, BC gave away a third rounder... because they need to keep their first and second rounders to forfeit for going over the cap by a bundle ;)

J5V

Quote from: dd on October 02, 2024, 05:22:20 PMCollaros is just hitting his stride now with our offense. If he stays healthy, I don't see anyone touching us. We have a  pound it out run game, and kicker who can make them consistently from the 50, all Collaros has to do is not turn the ball over and its over.
Dangerous talk. It's never over until it's over.  :-)  Just kidding. You're right. We've caught fire and won 7 in a row. I just hope we haven't peaked too soon and can keep it going. We need to be at our best for the playoffs and especially the Grey Cup if we're fortunate enough to make it there. Kicking in a dome might mean Castillo is money from 60-65. No wind to mess with your ball in a dome.
Go Bombers!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: J5V on October 02, 2024, 10:13:00 PMDangerous talk. It's never over until it's over.  :-)  Just kidding. You're right. We've caught fire and won 7 in a row. I just hope we haven't peaked too soon and can keep it going. We need to be at our best for the playoffs and especially the Grey Cup if we're fortunate enough to make it there. Kicking in a dome might mean Castillo is money from 60-65. No wind to mess with your ball in a dome.

Domes are notorious for dead air, Medlock couldn't make it from 58 yds. and I doubt Sergio can make it from much longer than 55. I would hope O'Shea does not casually use the long FG strategy in a playoff game were a long return can be soul crushing in a tight game, prefer punt and pin, grind and win.

J5V

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 02, 2024, 10:41:22 PMDomes are notorious for dead air, Medlock couldn't make it from 58 yds. and I doubt Sergio can make it from much longer than 55. I would hope O'Shea does not casually use the long FG strategy in a playoff game were a long return can be soul crushing in a tight game, prefer punt and pin, grind and win.
Yes that's a fair comment however I believe the CFL record is a 63 yard FG by Paul McCallum kicked in the dome at BC Place.
Go Bombers!