Evan Holm /Tyrell Ford

Started by Austin85, September 06, 2024, 04:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin85

I think management should sign these players to extensions sooner rather than later.  Would hate to lose them in free agency.

Blue In BC

Yes, they'd be on the immediate target list post season to use any SMS left if possible.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bwiser

The Bombers should sign NIcholls, Bonds Holm and Ford to longer terms. The Bombers could have a solid secondary for a few seasons.

Throw Long Bannatyne

I worry the Ford bros. will want to play together back home in Ontario. That'd sure be a scoop for those old Ti-Cats.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 06, 2024, 06:04:26 PMI worry the Ford bros. will want to play together back home in Ontario. That'd sure be a scoop for those old Ti-Cats.

Lol. Everytime there's a pair of siblings, people make these comments.

I personally do not make career decisions based on where my brother works.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Needs to be Top priority to sign these guys!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Scouting staff seems to be top notch at find DBs. Bonds, aside from a few break downs, has been good as well.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on September 06, 2024, 06:23:12 PMLol. Everytime there's a pair of siblings, people make these comments.

True, but these guys are twins, ooze charisma and are both destined to be big names in the CFL....just like the Philpots!!!

peg_city

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: peg_city on September 06, 2024, 07:16:34 PMFord ends up in the NFL, no?

Considering he was just there I'd say no.

dd

Quote from: Jesse on September 06, 2024, 06:23:12 PMLol. Everytime there's a pair of siblings, people make these comments.

But this is football, there's no doubt they'd love to be on the same team and play closer to home, I know I would

CrazyCanuck89

Identical twins are a different story.

Jesse

Quote from: dd on September 07, 2024, 03:10:38 AMBut this is football, there's no doubt they'd love to be on the same team and play closer to home, I know I would

Exactly. It's football. Moving away from home is what they signed up for.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Sedin twins a great example of how that can work like clockwork.  Difficult to do, magic if you can do it.  Not to mention the marketing potential.

Regardless of where they play, it's a blessing to have this Canadian talent in display.  Another rock solid reason why the ratio must remain.  Generational talent on display.

Blue In BC

There are a couple of issues with expecting both brothers to be on the same team. Tre Ford may want to stay in Edmonton if he is made the # 1 QB with contract to match in Edmonton. I'm not even sure who is the starting QB in Edmonton for the rest of the season.

His play may determine the chance at a big raise etc etc. Or the Elks may make a play to acquire VAJ from BC. I see a greater chance that the Elks try to stick with Ford and BLM if the SMS works out. However the 1st part of the question is much more does it cost to retain him?

Part 2 is that T. Ford has earned a raise and as a Canadian that has extra value. His 1st choice might be staying in Winnipeg where is entrenched in our roster. What does it cost the team in SMS.

I see it as two large SMS investments by any team. Not every team will be looking for both a starting QB option and a starting CB? Noting that there will be many import DB's available at lower costs. Teams seem to find great DB's on ELC's.

I wouldn't mind seeing both Ford's in Winnipeg and there is a slight chance of that. Edmonton might not be prepared to offer a guaranteed big contract and Ford may want to escape the insanity in Edmonton. That said, I'm just guessing he ends up staying in Edmonton. Yes, Edmonton could use Tyrell Ford as well so can't rule that out either.

Calgary and Hamilton could be on the lookout for a new starter but as we know VAJ will on road somewhere in 2025.

At the very least I sure want to keep our Ford in Winnipeg. He's going to be even better in the future.

2019 Grey Cup Champions