Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan - Sept. 1, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, August 31, 2024, 06:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

I felt much more confident before Stan was ruled out. Not sure how are offence can score at this point. But always thought it would be a low scoring one.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: The Zipp on September 01, 2024, 04:31:08 PMYah.  I would say all the evidence points to a rider win..missing Bryant is a huge factor and the Bomber offence has largely been inconsistent. 

Even if the Bombers lose, and lose big it doesn't mean the season is over and coaches need to be fired and start rebuilding, it's a strange game this LDC.  Honestly I just don't want more injuries - especially to a guy like Zach or BO

Yep, the Bombers may win but not sure how they're going to do it, unless Sask. falters and Harris flops.  Worried about the O-line playing against a wiley old dude like Micah Johnson, he's likely to eat Randolph's lunch, as well as breakfast and supper.

55StickCar

Yes it is going to be a tough one today. Still hoping though. Can't get way behind early.

J5V

Quote from: 55StickCar on September 01, 2024, 05:54:22 PMYes it is going to be a tough one today. Still hoping though. Can't get way behind early.
Good point. Riders always come out flying and try to overwhelm their opponents early feeding off the crowd at home. We need to match their intensity early, weather the storm, and take the crowd out of it. If we can do that they'll fade and that is how I see this one going if the Bombers are to win. I believe we have just the right blend of youthful endurance and exuberance and wily veteran smarts and know how.
Go Bombers!

Pigskin

Need to pressure Harris, and not turnover the ball. Zach can not throw any Ints. Get the running game going early.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

markf

"The LaPo's testament to Jordan Younger, imagine being the QB facing this coverage, not a lot of options available."

Really well done by Lapo.

the Bomber secondary is a wonder.

CFLfanatic

Not sure why Bombers are underdogs by bookies,I have Bombers winning. Mostly home field advantage I guess,Bombers favored next week by same.I think Zach looks like Zach of old,healthy receivers but for Shoen pretty much,Bomber D great in last game.

Riders have 1 of the best receivers in Shaker Baker,And Lenius(sp) no slouch,their D is very good also,so 2 good teams but going with Bombers

My theory on Bombers rough start was they seemed to think resting starters or many starters in pre season would be good idea?? Yes injuries but so did other teams, maybe it was HC being more concerned about Shawn Lemon playing,rather than looking after his own?

I thought/think 2 QBs on field at same time was embarrassing,circus to me. I was embarrassed for Pierce,was he going to have Zach go down field as a WR?

Be better to try Al's short kick trick,which btw not sure why nobody else has done that. Go Bombers

J5V

On This Day in Blue Bomber History

By the way, that was Glen Suitor's jock strap laying on the field. lol!
Go Bombers!

Pigskin

Well, the Bison beat the Huskies yesterday, hoping the Bombers can keep this winning weekend going.

Looks like it's 28 right now in Regina and 22KM windy.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

The Zipp

Quote from: J5V on September 01, 2024, 09:08:27 PMOn This Day in Blue Bomber History

By the way, that was Glen Suitor's jock strap laying on the field. lol!

Couldn't catch J Boyd!! Hahahaha. Thanks for pointing that out. 

TecnoGenius

Turns out I couldn't make the game.  Half the family has a cold and the resale ticket market on this game was awful.  It'll truly be a sold out game and you can tell the Green fans are stoked this time around because they are leading the W for the first time in forever.

It'll be fun on the GDT with y'all today instead.

As for the ones that went, let's all hope for a miracle!  If we pull off a W with no OL, SSKfans will be blowing up with despondency.  It will take a supreme D and ST effort to overcome the turnstile-fest we're about to witness.

If we're down by 35 at halftime I'd put our #3 QB and JA27 in the rest of the game.

GO BLUE!
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 01, 2024, 10:04:23 PMAs for the ones that went, let's all hope for a miracle!  If we pull off a W with no OL, SSKfans will be blowing up with despondency.  It will take a supreme D and ST effort to overcome the turnstile-fest we're about to witness.
That's a little harsh. Here's to hoping the Oline has a good game.
Go Bombers!

Big Daddy

Quote from: ichabod_crane on September 01, 2024, 01:51:42 AMWas there not an article out this past week that the BOMBERS Will put almost anyone on the 6 game IR automatically even if they don't sit out the full 6 games? It means zip in the end as you can pull as many players off the 6 game IR as you want. They had a limit some years ago of how many players you could pull off the 6 game IR per half season, but that went out the window a few years ago.

If somehow the injury nags on, you have them already on the 6 game as short as possible then and get cap room if they stay out the full 6 games.

I can't remember where I heard it - maybe read it somewhere here, or heard Osh say it on the radio.  Isn't the newer rule that you can pull someone off the 6 game without penalty, but only once for that specific player? 

If that's the case, it just makes sense to put anyone on the 6 game, especially if you are going into the final third of the season and at much less risk of getting burned by that rule.  Especially players that are earning more than minimum.

J5V

Go Bombers!