Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan - Sept. 1, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, August 31, 2024, 06:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

So, here we are... 1 point behind Saskatchewan, in second place, with back to back games against, who else, but Saskatchewan.  What  great time to control our immediate destiny. 

The current injury report shows Nick Hallett, Adam Bighill, Stanley Bryant as questionable but likely to play. Good News.  The only player definitely out is Gabe Wallace.

Ed Tait's 48-Hour Primer is here.

...."He's a guy that learns from every rep we take in terms of trying to figure out things. He's just very creative," said veteran linebacker Adam Bighill of Younger in a conversation with bluebombers.com this week. "He has all these visions in his head of how things look and tries to put us in position to see if we see it the same way and if we play it the same way. It's then how we amalgamate that to be most effective.

"He's been a major driver in the last four or five years since he's been here in terms of our creativity in the back end and on defence in how we cover. He's ever growing and he's very dynamic."....

Depth Chart will follow.  Again, two huge games ahead of us, but there are lots of reasons to stay positive for wins.

Big games but two wins could solidify our claims on first place in the west!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

DCM

@jeffkhamilton
NEWS out of Regina: Bombers will be without OL Stanley Bryant for Sunday's Labour Day Classic against the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Bryant is doing much better but is still not cleared to play after battling an illness/heat that led to him being stretchered off the field last wk.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

The Zipp

Quote from: DCM on August 31, 2024, 02:18:18 PM@jeffkhamilton
NEWS out of Regina: Bombers will be without OL Stanley Bryant for Sunday's Labour Day Classic against the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Bryant is doing much better but is still not cleared to play after battling an illness/heat that led to him being stretchered off the field last wk.

Shucks.  I do wonder if the big man had/has Covid..we will never know but it can knock you out. 

Blue In BC

Oh oh. Can we protect Collaros from getting injured now becomes the question of the day. It also means we may need to add another import OL and I have no idea what that will do the ratio.

Will Eli start at RG with Randolph moving out to LT. Thomas as the 6th OL as necessary?

Winning just got more difficult.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Uhoh. That's terrible news for the tomorrow. No great solutions at LT.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2024, 02:40:48 PMOh oh. Can we protect Collaros from getting injured now becomes the question of the day. It also means we may need to add another import OL and I have no idea what that will do the ratio.

Will Eli start at RG with Randolph moving out to LT. Thomas as the 6th OL as necessary?

What it will do to the ratio? Nothing. Stanley is an import and besides, we've been starting way over the seven nationals all season.

Agreed though. Winning got more difficult. Not the game you want to come in missing your LT. In fact, probably the worst game of the regular season for that scenario.

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2024, 02:40:48 PMOh oh. Can we protect Collaros from getting injured now becomes the question of the day. It also means we may need to add another import OL and I have no idea what that will do the ratio.

Depth Chart is out.

Vanterpool as the 6th.
My wife is amazing!

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

So Bryant, Adams and Feltmate are out. Bighill and Vanderpool( as a back up ) are in. Woli is back.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 31, 2024, 02:42:20 PMWhat it will do to the ratio? Nothing. Stanley is an import and besides, we've been starting way over the seven nationals all season.

Agreed though. Winning got more difficult. Not the game you want to come in missing your LT. In fact, probably the worst game of the regular season for that scenario.

I know he's an import but we've lost Neufeld and Wallace earlier. Now it appears we've added Vanterpool as a back up which is a one for one switch in the ratio.

My earlier question was would Vanterpool start on a 3 import OL. That would in fact modify the ratio. I don't know if that's a good or not that Eli is a better OL than Vanterpool.

Eli is one of the lightest OL we have, next to Lofton who is also not a heavy OL.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on August 31, 2024, 06:39:57 AMSo, here we are... 1 point behind Saskatchewan, in second place, with back to back games against, who else, but Saskatchewan.  What  great time to control our immediate destiny. 

The current injury report shows Nick Hallett, Adam Bighill, Stanley Bryant as questionable but likely to play. Good News.  The only player definitely out is Gabe Wallace.

Ed Tait's 48-Hour Primer is here.

...."He's a guy that learns from every rep we take in terms of trying to figure out things. He's just very creative," said veteran linebacker Adam Bighill of Younger in a conversation with bluebombers.com this week. "He has all these visions in his head of how things look and tries to put us in position to see if we see it the same way and if we play it the same way. It's then how we amalgamate that to be most effective.

"He's been a major driver in the last four or five years since he's been here in terms of our creativity in the back end and on defence in how we cover. He's ever growing and he's very dynamic."....

Depth Chart will follow.  Again, two huge games ahead of us, but there are lots of reasons to stay positive for wins.

Big games but two wins could solidify our claims on first place in the west!

LaPo's testament to Jordan Younger, imagine being the QB facing this coverage, not a lot of options available.

Blue In BC

Bryant, Wallace and Feltmate all moved to 6 game IR. Obviously we expect Bryant will be back much sooner than 6 games.

Wallace may or may not be done for the season. Feltmate could go either way with an ankle injury.

I understand the use of the 6 game IR instead of the 1 game IR but a little more info would be useful.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2024, 03:36:47 PMBryant, Wallace and Feltmate all moved to 6 game IR. Obviously we expect Bryant will be back much sooner than 6 games.

Wallace may or may not be done for the season. Feltmate could go either way with an ankle injury.

I understand the use of the 6 game IR instead of the 1 game IR but a little more info would be useful.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2024, 03:36:47 PMBryant, Wallace and Feltmate all moved to 6 game IR. Obviously we expect Bryant will be back much sooner than 6 games.

It would also be useful for the Riders next week, too.