Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan - Sept. 1, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, August 31, 2024, 06:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 31, 2024, 03:52:19 PMIt would also be useful for the Riders next week, too.

Too much is made about giving useful information to our opponents. It's not like everybody didn't know that Bighill and Woli would play this week. Bryant not playing is a bit of a surprise but I don't think it changes the Riders strategy at all.

Knowing that Parker could be available ( as an example ) wouldn't change anything. Our secondary is already # 1 this year.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2024, 03:57:39 PMToo much is made about giving useful information to our opponents. It's not like everybody didn't know that Bighill and Woli would play this week. Bryant not playing is a bit of a surprise but I don't think it changes the Riders strategy at all.

Knowing that Parker could be available ( as an example ) wouldn't change anything. Our secondary is already # 1 this year.

Okay. I'm sure O'Shea and the organization are just doing it to be mean to you, then.

peg_city

With that oline, this game is on Buck to try to protect Collaros. Run game, short passes and the occasional roll out of the pocket with a deep pass to keep the secondary guessing.

Our defense will do their job. It's on Collaros and Buck not to turnover the ball

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 31, 2024, 04:18:56 PMOkay. I'm sure O'Shea and the organization are just doing it to be mean to you, then.

Well if you think that the opponents don't know that most of those players have been on the 6 game IR and haven't practised is important information, I don't know what to say.

For other players recently going to 6 game IR and not practising is only important in the future but certainly not for this week.

Every team can assess injured players on the IR as to whether they are practising and potentially available.

The only question is whether they might be available in many more weeks. At that point they can see whether they might dress for a given game.

Does an opponent knowing that Neufeld, Wallace and Parker won't play this season ( if that's the case ) change anything?

Nope.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Vanterpool for Wallace necessitates Schmekel for Adams I guess. 

Don't like 6 Oline and no FB.  Do any of the LB's have FB experience?  Or do we start usinging Clercius/Woli/Demski more in the backfield on max protect?

The D keeping their O off the field means our O will be on the field.  We have to take advantage of that.  Guessing Oliviera gets 20+ touches, and there will be fly sweeps with Lucky and motion up the gut with Demski as well.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2024, 04:58:28 PMWell if you think that the opponents don't know that most of those players have been on the 6 game IR and haven't practised is important information, I don't know what to say.

For other players recently going to 6 game IR and not practising is only important in the future but certainly not for this week.

Every team can assess injured players on the IR as to whether they are practising and potentially available.

The only question is whether they might be available in many more weeks. At that point they can see whether they might dress for a given game.

Does an opponent knowing that Neufeld, Wallace and Parker won't play this season ( if that's the case ) change anything?

Nope.

...then why are they doing it if not to gain a (however slight) advantage?

What possibly could their motivation be besides winning football games?

Pigskin

Stan out will hurt, but our OL has had 3 full practices with the group they will have on the field on Sunday. Buck has also had a week to prepare. I hope the Bombers are looking at an OL for PR as we currently have none.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 31, 2024, 05:59:54 PM...then why are they doing it if not to gain a (however slight) advantage?

What possibly could their motivation be besides winning football games?

O'Shea is old school. With larger rosters and fluidity of roster movement there is no need for that much secrecy.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on August 31, 2024, 06:09:33 PMStan out will hurt, but our OL has had 3 full practices with the group they will have on the field on Sunday. Buck has also had a week to prepare. I hope the Bombers are looking at an OL for PR as we currently have none.

Yeah we're pretty thin now but I don't imagine they can keep Bryant out for more than this week. He'd go nuts not playing.

Regardless, they should keep their eyes open for a neg list player  / cuts by the NFL this week.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2024, 06:09:41 PMO'Shea is old school. With larger rosters and fluidity of roster movement there is no need for that much secrecy.

Well I can only surmise he disagrees with your assessment? Given his accomplishments I'll throw in with his take on the issue.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 31, 2024, 06:17:56 PMWell I can only surmise he disagrees with your assessment? Given his accomplishments I'll throw in with his take on the issue.

Pretty easy and lazy to just accept everything any coach does as perfect / right. Roster management, over loyalty to some players ( import FB in 2023 ) came under much scrutiny for example.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2024, 06:29:22 PMPretty easy and lazy to just accept everything any coach does as perfect / right. Roster management, over loyalty to some players ( import FB in 2023 ) came under much scrutiny for example.

He won't discuss injuries/personal business.

You can agree of disagree with why he doesn't. I don't think it's an unreasonably stance for a boss/leader to not not about their staff's medical or private life.
My wife is amazing!