BLUE BOMBERS ADD DEFENSIVE BACK AARON GRYMES TO PRACTICE ROSTER - NOW RELEASED

Started by Blueforlife, July 23, 2024, 02:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

The caveat has always been we need to expand our recruitment to take advantage of opportunities to IMPROVE this team. If Grymes does that great, but we've missed out already on signing players that meet this criteria.

RebusRankin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 23, 2024, 05:49:42 PMIt's just a PR move. Probably best to pump the brakes for now.

Titus Wall and Tavarus McFadden both have experience, both are younger, both are healthier and we're out there at times this season and we go with Grymes. I stand by my comment that its a terrible move. We've already got issues with Bighill, Alexander and Thomas playing poorly, looking slow and who are all older.

Blue In BC

Quote from: RebusRankin on July 23, 2024, 06:32:20 PMTitus Wall and Tavarus McFadden both have experience, both are younger, both are healthier and we're out there at times this season and we go with Grymes. I stand by my comment that its a terrible move. We've already got issues with Bighill, Alexander and Thomas playing poorly, looking slow and who are all older.

Neither are free agents. McFadden just re-signed with the Argos today.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_or_die

This signing isn't peculiar to me at all. Reminds me of a few years back when we signed Roosevelt, who never saw the field, to the PR.

Adds vet experience and a plug n play insurance option for an injury or declining performance, especially as the season goes on. It's a smart roster management move IMO but I wouldn't read into it any further.

I mean, we did the exact same thing with Lucky just a few weeks ago (although I expect to potentially see him on the field at some point).
#Ride?

Blueforlife

An insurance policy that might cash one day.  Good move imo. 

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: blue_or_die on July 23, 2024, 06:49:51 PMThis signing isn't peculiar to me at all. Reminds me of a few years back when we signed Roosevelt, who never saw the field, to the PR.

Adds vet experience and a plug n play insurance option for an injury or declining performance, especially as the season goes on. It's a smart roster management move IMO but I wouldn't read into it any further.

I mean, we did the exact same thing with Lucky just a few weeks ago (although I expect to potentially see him on the field at some point).

Fair - it could be no more than seeing a guy up close who used to be pretty good. The Lucky signing was a position of need though. You think if we were bringing someone in we would go with another receiver or defensive end or defensive lineman or some place that isn't one of our only real strengths. That said, not much to lose bringing him in and it might be all there is to it.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: RebusRankin on July 23, 2024, 06:32:20 PMTitus Wall and Tavarus McFadden both have experience, both are younger, both are healthier and we're out there at times this season and we go with Grymes. I stand by my comment that its a terrible move. We've already got issues with Bighill, Alexander and Thomas playing poorly, looking slow and who are all older.

Neither player you mentioned is a free agent.

So much for pumping the brakes. :-\
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

RebusRankin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 23, 2024, 06:57:38 PMNeither player you mentioned is a free agent.

So much for pumping the brakes. :-\

I said both were available at times this season, not right now. Perhaps you need to take some reading lessons.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_or_die on July 23, 2024, 06:49:51 PMThis signing isn't peculiar to me at all. Reminds me of a few years back when we signed Roosevelt, who never saw the field, to the PR.

Exactly.

This could be Grymes reaching out to teams asking for another shot and we agreed to bring him onto the PR just to see.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Wow some of the forum is grumpy LOL We got a new player, cheer up :)

blue_gold_84

Quote from: RebusRankin on July 23, 2024, 07:07:11 PMI said both were available at times this season, not right now. Perhaps you need to take some reading lessons.

Nah. You're just being grouchy.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

DM83

Great job scouting.  Is this. Guy the result of six' weeks of scouring the land?  Is McManus still working for the Bombers?  Two hundred guys. Just finished their USFL season, and we come up with a lame Edmonton Eskimo?

Really?

Blue In BC

Quote from: DM83 on July 23, 2024, 08:29:20 PMGreat job scouting.  Is this. Guy the result of six' weeks of scouring the land?  Is McManus still working for the Bombers?  Two hundred guys. Just finished their USFL season, and we come up with a lame Edmonton Eskimo?

Really?

Are any of the USFL players actually free agents at the moment? There is no agreement between the two leagues that allow players to come to Canada unless they are released.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

Alexander is on the injury report today, is that a consideration?