BLUE BOMBERS ADD DEFENSIVE BACK AARON GRYMES TO PRACTICE ROSTER - NOW RELEASED

Started by Blueforlife, July 23, 2024, 02:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on July 31, 2024, 02:10:36 PMWe had a lot of DBs on the roster last week for some reason. Normally we have Hallet one one extra DB. Last week it was 2 Hallets and 2 extra DBs.

Had to balance that out.

Yes and no. Adams is a much better passer than the Argo QB's. A heavy rotation of fresh DB's against Adams is not a bad idea. However the balance was out of whack when we needed another receiver due to injuries.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 31, 2024, 02:31:43 PMYes and no. Adams is a much better passer than the Argo QB's. A heavy rotation of fresh DB's against Adams is not a bad idea. However the balance was out of whack when we needed another receiver due to injuries.

Other than injury replacement, what are you referring to?  DB's normally play entire games without rotation.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 31, 2024, 02:37:38 PMOther than injury replacement, what are you referring to?  DB's normally play entire games without rotation.

Don't think that's the case, saw lots of our back-ups in the field last week.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 31, 2024, 02:31:43 PMYes and no. Adams is a much better passer than the Argo QB's. A heavy rotation of fresh DB's against Adams is not a bad idea. However the balance was out of whack when we needed another receiver due to injuries.
Agreed. Adams is clearly the best Qb in the league in terms of passing and avoiding the rush-he has very quick feet in the pocket. Dukes and Arbuckle are at best backup Qb's, both can't pass to save their souls.

Given our soft pass rush, our secondary is going to be tested like no other game this season, and with only 5 days between games, I just think that just catches up to them in the second half. On the other side though, Lions have been off for 2 weeks, so they may be slow coming out of the blocks with a bit of rust, but man, they have some weapons on offense to contend with.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 31, 2024, 02:37:38 PMOther than injury replacement, what are you referring to?  DB's normally play entire games without rotation.

We often add in a 6th DB in
 obvious passing downs. Depending on field position, distance we use different extra DB's in varied defensive schemes.

At times Alexander is clsoer to LOS and maybe Hallett drops into the normal safety position. We saw Kramdi making TFL and Griffin seemed to be on the field.

It's hard to tell with the constant changing of personnel, who is where or why.

The DB's seemed to be used more in coverage teams last week?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 17, 2024, 12:30:49 AMHe has been released as per Ed Tait

Must not have been able to get healthy?  Too old?

Or is this a function of Jones being amazing at WILL?  Grymes is kind of a DB that can do SAM & WILL, right?  Our DB/WILL cupboard is stocked fully now.

Too bad, what a great player for so long.  Thanks for trying anyhow Grymes!  It's nice he got one last shot.  And I guess he'll be on the couch should injuries arise...
Never go full Rider!