-Jefferson had his best game this season
bad-very little passing game,longest pass attempt of the day was under 20 yards
   -penalties
ugly-cheap shots by both teams

J5V

The Good
- We won!
- Intense smashmouth Bomber Bullyball
- Strevs toughness and leadership. Guy is a stud.
- Castillo
- The two-headed monster that was Strevie and Bo
- The OL
- The D! They were applying pressure and if they keep improving we may have a championship calibre D over there! Even got a pick! WOOT!
- Willie J!
- No drops by the receivers

The Bad
- Strevs limited playbook
- Penalties
- Overall officiating and what I perceive as a bias against our club

The Ugly
- DO NOT HIT A SLIDING QB
- DO NOT PUSH A PLAYER WHEN HE'S OUT OF BOUNDS
Go Bombers!

dd

Thanks Pete, I stand corrected. I was going by article 4 in amateur rule book, obviously different for the pros. Thanks for pointing that out

Pete

theaardvark

Quote from: LXTSN on July 06, 2024, 04:50:52 PMTHE GOOD
Buck Pierce. What a show he put on! Everything he wasn't doing in the first 4 games he MASTERED in game 5! Awesome job from Buck!

Was it play calling or execution?  Buck had a much smaller playbook with Streveler, and the team was much more focused on executing that gameplan.

Not saying Buck didn't call a great game, just saying it might have been a consequence of starting a different guy than the full playbook was developed for, and on one week's practice.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

J5V

Quote from: theaardvark on July 06, 2024, 06:27:30 PMWas it play calling or execution?  Buck had a much smaller playbook with Streveler, and the team was much more focused on executing that gameplan.

Not saying Buck didn't call a great game, just saying it might have been a consequence of starting a different guy than the full playbook was developed for, and on one week's practice.

Yup! I loved the playbook, limited as it was, because it confused Ottawa because they didn't know where the ball was going. I'd keep that scheme and build on it. So much potential!
Go Bombers!

dd

Quote from: Pete on July 06, 2024, 06:12:48 PMdd keeps us from yelling at the tv! ;)
He does enough of that for everyone!!

gordo

Quote from: Cool Spot on July 06, 2024, 04:12:09 PMAgree on reds and browns, and also not a fan of IPAs unless it's a hazy IPA.

However, pilsners are pretty good if they come from the Czech Republic, or sometimes Germany. From elsewhere, they aren't great.
IPA's are kind of polar opposite to Coors that dominate the stadium.  But I must say the beer selection is pretty good just hard to see them from the counter and the folks working are very friendly but typically not beer savvy so asking for an IPA generally gets a blank stare.

Pilsner should be turned back at the MB/Sask border.

Next game I'll try to journey to the Rum Hut in my quest for an IPA.

Is there a list of the beers sold at the stadium? 

gordo

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 06, 2024, 08:11:30 AMThat's because you're sitting on the bad side!!  E.S.S!  E.S.S!

(Kidding, I love all my sunny-side compatriots!  And E.S. fans generally are way higher energy, louder & and more fun.)
Ya we used to sit on the West Side.  I got tired of the crickets chirping and the crowd in our section looked like they'd be more comfortable at a Bingo game.   :D 
Our East side section is definitely more into the game but West side was fine too.

But there are usually a couple games a year like last night where we are roasted for a bit. Although it turned into a beautiful evening.

theaardvark

Quote from: gordo on July 06, 2024, 07:38:17 PMIPA's are kind of polar opposite to Coors that dominate the stadium.  But I must say the beer selection is pretty good just hard to see them from the counter and the folks working are very friendly but typically not beer savvy so asking for an IPA generally gets a blank stare.

Pilsner should be turned back at the MB/Sask border.

Next game I'll try to journey to the Rum Hut in my quest for an IPA.

Is there a list of the beers sold at the stadium? 

There is a concessions listing, and displays some of the menu's, but no specific beer one.  You should suggest they do that... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Quote from: gordo on July 06, 2024, 07:43:43 PMYa we used to sit on the West Side.  I got tired of the crickets chirping and the crowd in our section looked like they'd be more comfortable at a Bingo game.   :D 
Our East side section is definitely more into the game but West side was fine too.

But there are usually a couple games a year like last night where we are roasted for a bit. Although it turned into a beautiful evening.

There were about 3 minutes where the sun peeks through onto our seats.  As a man that always wears black (its slimming), it got hot real quick, and then as the sun dipped, a breeze came up, and it was perfect.  No need for hot chocolate.

Stats Junkie

Quote from: theaardvark on July 06, 2024, 03:39:35 PMWe are getting $SMS relief on Schoen and Lawler, but none on Zach.  Not sure what they are, but I have to think Streveler is getting some bonus for starts.  Was there a reason not to put Zach on the 6 game immediately?
Teams are required to have 3 QBs on the active roster for each game & at least 2 must be in uniform.

To put Zach on the 6-game IR would require the Blue Bombers to sign another QB. If Zach only spends a game or two on the 6-game then there is no SMS relief. It would actually result in a bigger cap hit because the new QB would be added to the bottom line.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

LXTSN

Quote from: theaardvark on July 06, 2024, 06:27:30 PMWas it play calling or execution?  Buck had a much smaller playbook with Streveler, and the team was much more focused on executing that gameplan.

We will disagree on this one, and that's fine!
I was asking to see more play action, sweeps and misdirection. In the first 4 games we saw a ton of "drop back to pass" and "run up the middle". In reality they ran a lot of different plays, but they all seem to start out the same and basically rely on our stars to make a play. In this game, Buck took it into his own hands and was very aggressive in his calls. Streveler did a fantastic job of following the gameplan and making the reads when it called for it!

We will both agree for sure that it was the best offensive game of the season thus far!

Stats Junkie

Other observations

On the Kyrie Wilson UR penalty, Mike Miller looked like he was going to hold Crum up then shoved him to the ground. A heads up Sergio Castillo had to dive out of the way. Mike O'Shea didn't look pleased with his ST coordinator.

Myron Mitchell didn't collect any stats but I did notice him providing the lead block on a couple of Oliveira runs.

Midway through Q1, Baltimore received a 15 yard misconduct penalty but only 10 yards was marched off.

The Harris spearing penalty was a Grade 2 Spearing infraction. It would normally be a 25 yard penalty but because it was assessed as half the distance to the goal line it only measured 7 yards.
** Two grade 2 penalties results in a disqualification.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

dd

Quote from: Stats Junkie on July 06, 2024, 09:59:41 PMOther observations

On the Kyrie Wilson UR penalty, Mike Miller looked like he was going to hold Crum up then shoved him to the ground. A heads up Sergio Castillo had to dive out of the way. Mike O'Shea didn't look pleased with his ST coordinator.

Myron Mitchell didn't collect any stats but I did notice him providing the lead block on a couple of Oliveira runs.

Midway through Q1, Baltimore received a 15 yard misconduct penalty but only 10 yards was marched off.

The Harris spearing penalty was a Grade 2 Spearing infraction. It would normally be a 25 yard penalty but because it was assessed as half the distance to the goal line it only measured 7 yards.
** Two grade 2 penalties results in a disqualification.

What's a grade 2 infraction??

And does anyone know why the misconduct penalty to us was 15 yds and to Ottawa 10 yds when they occurred at the same time.? Does the first one get the extra yardage and the retaliatory one the lesser yardage?? Seems odd