Other Games GDT for the weekend of Jun 7

Started by TecnoGenius, June 08, 2024, 10:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Solid game for the aaaaargos

Dukes put in a tough spot with the Kelly fiasco and he delivers

GOLDMEMBER

Well this TO win screws up my picks a bit this week but good for the Blue Bombers!

Hold on Hoolahoop misses a chip shot...

What happened to Dinwiddie's face? Wowsers.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

GOLDMEMBER

Argo DL is super impressive, again.

The Zipp

Orimalade is wrecking crew...like a young Willie Jefferson

GOLDMEMBER

Blueforlife

6 sacks Argos look very good

Not sold on BC

GOLDMEMBER

Fantastic CFL contest. To bad no one the GTA showed up for it.

J5V

BC and Toronto look very much like they did last year. BC still can't run the ball and their offensive line is weak. Their fortunes will rely on VAs arm.
Go Bombers!

Blue In BC

An entertaining game but I'd disagree that either team played well defensively.  While there were some important plays made, there was no consistency. Argos got torched on a bunch of plays and gave up over 400 yards in total.

Yes, I know. They still won and made some big plays at the right time, but that doesn't change my opinion. Receivers on both teams were often wide open.

Hansen had no impact. Bailey played well and Grant did nothing special but it was his 1st game.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 10, 2024, 02:21:34 AMAn entertaining game but I'd disagree that either team played well defensively.  While there were some important plays made, there was no consistency. Argos got torched on a bunch of plays and gave up over 400 yards in total.

Yes, I know. They still won and made some big plays at the right time, but that doesn't change my opinion. Receivers on both teams were often wide open.

Hansen had no impact. Bailey played well and Grant did nothing special but it was his 1st game.
Argos were deadly on D 2nd half, got to VA and changed the outcome of this one.  Yup lots of yards and open receivers but Argos D came through on a tough battle.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 08, 2024, 09:25:09 PMSask OL kicked out (25 yard penalty) as punched a guys face mask.  Was a weak punch but league making a stand on head shots.

I'm not sure I've ever seen an OL kicked out on a 1-play DQ.  Not sure even a 2x misconduct, which (in theory) would be more likely to occur.

They are not like D players who have zillions of backups dressed: the team usually has only 1 or 2 backup OL!  And hoggies, especially NAT ones, tend to be far more cool-headed.  So what gives?

Boy, was Mace miffed!  I bet he chewed him a new one post-game.  Doubt that happens again.
Never go full Rider!

TBURGESS

Best game of the week. Back and forth. A bunch of lead changes. Some big plays by both teams. 

It came down to the lines. Toronto's D line dominated BC's O line in the second half. Sacks and fumbles cost BC the game. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 10, 2024, 08:36:07 AMI'm not sure I've ever seen an OL kicked out on a 1-play DQ.  Not sure even a 2x misconduct, which (in theory) would be more likely to occur.

They are not like D players who have zillions of backups dressed: the team usually has only 1 or 2 backup OL!  And hoggies, especially NAT ones, tend to be far more cool-headed.  So what gives?

Boy, was Mace miffed!  I bet he chewed him a new one post-game.  Doubt that happens again.

Well he took a punch at an opponent. I wouldn't call that a head shot per se. A low velocity hit to the head with the player wearing a helmet. Sure no problem with him being disqualified but we see worse many times. A player being hit at full speed with a shoulder into the head area etc.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TBURGESS

A punch = a hot shower and always has. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.