Other Games GDT for the weekend of Jun 7

Started by TecnoGenius, June 08, 2024, 10:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Thread to discuss the other 3 games this weekend.  I think the pain and ire at our bad game has caused a lack of interest/urgency in the other games.  Still, there'll be some things to discuss.

I'll start:

HAM@CGY (partway through):

Butler looking stout.  Why is Butler getting consistent 7-9Y runs -- with the stinky HAM team! -- while our Brady was getting 2-4?  Yikes.

BOO (WR) looking good on a deep(ish) route.  We dev'd him good!

Boo (ST coord, aka Boudreau) stinking up the joint in HAM with a personnel mistake in Q1 forcing him to take a timeout!  It was like the 1st or 2nd ST play, other than the KO.  Doh!

2Q8:25 they are talking about Dickenson The Remaining becoming a Canadian citizen.  All well and good, but at the end they say Dave said it makes him the last Canadian HC to win a GC?  Britt and the booth clearly haven't a clue, because MOS is the last Canadian HC with a GC.  NOW... maybe what Dave really said is the last Canadian QB to win a cup and Britt just screwed it up?  (Did Dave win a GC as QB?)

Really weak crowd in CGY in Q1.  They do like to arrive late, so maybe it picked up.  Otherwise that's really weak for a season opener, especially one they are thanking BLM at.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Based on what I've seen in HAM@CGY up to halftime, CGY, and maybe even HAM, would have beaten us on Thu night.  Both teams have a great run game so far.  Ya, maybe our run-D strength and concentration would have made it harder for them, but maybe not.

BLM hot & cold so far.  Much like 2023, he's having trouble dialing it in.  We'll see what he does in H2.  That new Echols guy looking very good for CGY.  His TD was circus... like what Kenny should have caught.

Houston gets his first INT early for CGY.

BLM taking a huge pop doing a silly non-slide run near halftime, causing him to be concussion-pulled.  He's trying too hard to make up for his overthrows and dwindling career.  Just stay in your lane BLM and worry about the dial!  I don't want to see Zach doing that either (unless it's the GC).

Haha, HAM's Boo (ST coord) just had another too-many-men right at the half.  He's freaking out.  Can you fire a STC after week 1?  I wish him well, but man, he's off to a horrible start.
Never go full Rider!

TBURGESS

I thought that BLM looked a lot better this year. He had zip on the ball that I haven't seen for a while. He took a big hit without breaking. Inches away from another TD which would have made the game way more interesting. If he stays healthy, he could be just what Hamilton needs. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blueforlife

Calgary and Maier looked polished.  Both teams runs games were solid.  A decent game.  BlM looks better but I am still not sold.  BOO looks to be starter ready.

Thanks for starting this I missed it last night.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 08, 2024, 11:21:45 AMBased on what I've seen in HAM@CGY up to halftime, CGY, and maybe even HAM, would have beaten us on Thu night.  Both teams have a great run game so far.  Ya, maybe our run-D strength and concentration would have made it harder for them, but maybe not.

BLM hot & cold so far.  Much like 2023, he's having trouble dialing it in.  We'll see what he does in H2.  That new Echols guy looking very good for CGY.  His TD was circus... like what Kenny should have caught.

Houston gets his first INT early for CGY.

BLM taking a huge pop doing a silly non-slide run near halftime, causing him to be concussion-pulled.  He's trying too hard to make up for his overthrows and dwindling career.  Just stay in your lane BLM and worry about the dial!  I don't want to see Zach doing that either (unless it's the GC).

Haha, HAM's Boo (ST coord) just had another too-many-men right at the half.  He's freaking out.  Can you fire a STC after week 1?  I wish him well, but man, he's off to a horrible start.

Calgary looked better than I expected, Maier may finally be ready to progress as a QB, can see them battling for second or third this season if all goes well.

BLM looked composed and his arm seemed reasonably strong, agree his choice to run the ball at his age is ill conceived and will only lead to more severe injuries. His receivers let him down quite often dropping easy catches. Ti-Cats seem to have a quality control issue in that they always end up with a few players that look  inferior skill wise, seriously James Tuck?  Could be their scouting dept. is weak as they always seem to build their roster around scavenged pieces they've stolen from other teams.

Blueforlife

Good game here, nice to see Warren Moon, looks good.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 08, 2024, 08:44:09 PMGood game here, nice to see Warren Moon, looks good.
good start indeed. Entertaining. MBT looks sharp to start.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Ouelette on his first nice play gave the wave offf to Joshi on the buddy bump,lol

Blueforlife

Nice pick

Sask OL kicked out (25 yard penalty) as punched a guys face mask.  Was a weak punch but league making a stand on head shots.

gobombersgo

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 08, 2024, 09:25:09 PMNice pick

Sask OL kicked out (25 yard penalty) as punched a guys face mask.  Was a weak punch but league making a stand on head shots.

Also making a statement by calling spearing.

Surprised though that they didnt call the Riders for the late hit on the receiver that didnt catch the ball. They have called that on Alexander and Bighill in the past.

Blueforlife

Blueforlife

Blueforlife

Blueforlife

The Zipp

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Boris big miss

Not even close

Dumb penalty by Dalke didn't cost them points

The Zipp

The Zipp

GOLDMEMBER

These in game interviews are a bloody brain drain on the in game action.

Blueforlife

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 08, 2024, 10:48:27 PMThese in game interviews are a bloody brain drain on the in game action.
I enjoy them.

MBT throwing darts, also playing hot potato lol.

The Zipp

Wow.  Sloppy play by Elks and MBT - can't fumble that MBT

The Zipp

You get a penalty

You get a penalty

Haven't really been impressed by Oulette in the time I have watched this game

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Blueforlife

Bane 3x Tds and Harris throwing on a dime

The Zipp

Blueforlife

MBT ends on a low note with some duck served up

Blueforlife

Blueforlife

Quote from: The Zipp on June 08, 2024, 10:56:03 PMDone

Sad sack Elks
Don't ring the bell till dinner is ready

Blue In BC

Most entertaining game so far.

MBT is still a turnover machine. Hit him and he'll fumble. That said he makes the Elks much better than they were.

So how many roster changes will C. Jones make for next week?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Road Griller

Bombers are the worst team so far by a long shot, why can everyone else find a decent punter and returner? 

Changes are needed, start with the HC.  Hopefully LaPo is on speed dial.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Road Griller on June 08, 2024, 11:50:10 PMBombers are the worst team so far by a long shot, why can everyone else find a decent punter and returner? 

Stick to road grilling.

Road Griller

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 08, 2024, 11:52:47 PMStick to road grilling.

I always do. Look who is in the basement.  Falls on coaching.  Who admitted the team wasn't ready...?  The first year HC next door had them ready.  Hmmmmm.  This team is in trouble and all the silly costumes in the world can't change it unfortunately.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Road Griller on June 08, 2024, 11:54:35 PMI always do. Look who is in the basement.  Falls on coaching.  Who admitted the team wasn't ready...?  The first year HC next door had them ready.  Hmmmmm.  This team is in trouble and all the silly costumes in the world can't change it unfortunately.

I didn't know the Grey Cup was awarded in the 1st week of the season. Is that new for 2024? :)
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Road Griller

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 09, 2024, 12:35:17 AMI didn't know the Grey Cup was awarded in the 1st week of the season. Is that new for 2024? :)

Nope, but those who know football can see there is big trouble brewing.  4 losses in a row and counting. 

Blueforlife

Quote from: Road Griller on June 09, 2024, 12:47:59 AMNope, but those who know football can see there is big trouble brewing.  4 losses in a row and counting. 
Your posts and opinions will age poorly

Road Griller

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 09, 2024, 02:42:57 AMYour posts and opinions will age poorly

Nope, unless there is a coaching or QB change, both preferably. BTW 4 loses in a row is a fact.

#8 is washed and every DC in the league knows it.  They bring the heat and watch him crumble.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Road Griller on June 09, 2024, 03:44:39 AMNope, unless there is a coaching or QB change, both preferably. BTW 4 loses in a row is a fact.

#8 is washed and every DC in the league knows it.  They bring the heat and watch him crumble.
Every year we have someone come along like you stating strong opinions as fact with no reasoning behind them.  Your ideas make zero sense.  Your posts will age poorly.

Road Griller

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 09, 2024, 04:07:03 AMEvery year we have someone come along like you stating strong opinions as fact with no reasoning behind them.  Your idea make zero sense.  Your posts will age poorly.

4 loses in a row.  Opinion or fact?

#8's performance, declining or getting better?

My idea making zero sense is your opinion.  Who said they came out unprepared for the last game again?

ModAdmin

Quote from: Road Griller on June 08, 2024, 11:50:10 PMBombers are the worst team so far by a long shot, why can everyone else find a decent punter and returner? 

Again, you come on here with the same nonsense, wild speculation and proving that you only come on here to agitate.  Just letting you know you are welcome here IF you post in a reasonable, rational way. If not, you will be looking another forum to share your "wisdom".
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Quote from: Road Griller on June 09, 2024, 04:15:17 AM4 loses in a row.  Opinion or fact?

My idea making zero sense is your opinion.  Who said they came out unprepared for the last game again?

I smell a troll.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 09, 2024, 12:58:04 PMI smell a troll.
Don't feed after midnight

Quote from: Road Griller on June 09, 2024, 04:15:17 AM4 loses in a row.  Opinion or fact?

#8 best QB in league, will have a few bad games per season.  I see no evidence off decline (rust yes). Others have done a good job in there replies.  I would suggest a little balance in your posts, it will make things much better for all.  You might try participating in the discussion rather than trying to prove yourself right with your extreme positions.

Suggesting to switch up vetern, proven, excellent  players and coach is nonesense.

We will develop a returner (hopefully) and our punting will remain average.

Pigskin

Both of you are no better. Mod has given him a warning, no need to keep stirring the pot. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blueforlife

Impressed by the Argos thus far.

BC with an nice answer back.

One missed convert and one bad exchange.  It's week 1.

Adams hurt his hand. 

GOLDMEMBER

Adams sure likes to bang his body around. Throwing hand got nicked early on.
Welp his hand looked good on the TD toss.

GOLDMEMBER

Dukes shows his lack of awareness.

BC might just bust this one open now. 20-6

Blueforlife

Nice toss for Dukes into double coverage to Bailey

GOLDMEMBER

Bailey looks better than any of our WRs did in week 1 already!

Geez wizz

Blueforlife

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 10, 2024, 12:19:10 AMBailey looks better than any of our WRs did in week 1 already!

Geez wizz
Bailey is good our receivers are great, we will miss him

Nice stand for TO 3rd and 1

Blueforlife

Polk #15 for Argos looks like a keeper.
Carey looking very good

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 10, 2024, 12:49:53 AMPolk #15 for Argos looks like a keeper.
Carey looking very good
He looks outstanding.

GOLDMEMBER

Dukes looks very good. He throws the nice accurate balls for the most part under pressure no less.

The Zipp

Just tuning in now...looks like a close game.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on June 10, 2024, 12:58:42 AMJust tuning in now...looks like a close game.
It has been a very entertaining tilt. All these teams make the Blue Bomber O look lost. :-[

Some pretty devastating hits as well.

Blueforlife

I see a league with great parity this year.  Will make for some great ball games.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 10, 2024, 01:07:47 AMI see a league with great parity this year.  Will make for some great ball games.
Hard to argue that. All teams look very close. Gonna be a slug fest all year.

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 10, 2024, 01:02:03 AMIt has been a very entertaining tilt. All these teams make the Blue Bomber O look lost. :-[

Some pretty devastating hits as well.

The big blue were definitely the rustiest on offence.  These teams are delivering some entertainment on both sides of the ball.  No excuses for the Bombers next week 

J5V

Geez you guys. Let's take it easy on the blue and gold here. We're the only team that played the defending champs first game. Just about any other game would have been easier. We've had a lot of changes and are going to need some time to gel. It'll come. If any team deserves to be cut some slack, it's the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

I have noticed that our D looked as good as or better than any other I've seen so far. Generally the D is ahead of the O early in the season and I haven't been overly impressed with any team's D. Our D is going to be fine.

Collaros is the Ricky Ray of our time. He and Buck will have this O humming sooner rather than later. I haven't seen another QB I'd rather have. There is a lot of talent on the O side of the ball on our team for it not to be successful.
Go Bombers!

Blueforlife

Safety issue on sidelines, players are slipping on the black material just out of bounds

The Zipp

Wow.  They called that a catch ??  Looked OOB to me

Blueforlife

Blueforlife

Quote from: The Zipp on June 10, 2024, 01:25:41 AMWow.  They called that a catch ??  Looked OOB to me
Foot down, dragged

Blueforlife

Quote from: J5V on June 10, 2024, 01:22:55 AMGeez you guys. Let's take it easy on the blue and gold here. We're the only team that played the defending champs first game. Just about any other game would have been easier. We've had a lot of changes and are going to need some time to gel. It'll come. If any team deserves to be cut some slack, it's the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

I have noticed that our D looked as good as or better than any other I've seen so far. Generally the D is ahead of the O early in the season and I haven't been overly impressed with any team's D. Our D is going to be fine.

Collaros is the Ricky Ray of our time. He and Buck will have this O humming sooner rather than later. I haven't seen another QB I'd rather have. There is a lot of talent on the O side of the ball on our team for it not to be successful.
There are some on this forum that take any opportunity to dump on the Blue as soon as any sign of weakness is witnessed.  This was MO pre dynasty and this place was fairly dysfunctional back then at times (some posters).  The old habit is hard to break.  Agree all!!!!

Patience paid off back then and it will again this season.

The Zipp

GOLDMEMBER

Blueforlife

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 10, 2024, 01:44:06 AMBC OL a little leaky
either that or Argo DL strong. Vern makes a big play though.

GOLDMEMBER

Ceresna would been an amazing pick for Big Blue.

Blueforlife

Blueforlife

Jesse

Well, I'm terrified to play either of these teams right now.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

The Zipp

Solid game for the aaaaargos

Dukes put in a tough spot with the Kelly fiasco and he delivers

GOLDMEMBER

Well this TO win screws up my picks a bit this week but good for the Blue Bombers!

Hold on Hoolahoop misses a chip shot...

What happened to Dinwiddie's face? Wowsers.

The Zipp

GOLDMEMBER

Argo DL is super impressive, again.

The Zipp

Orimalade is wrecking crew...like a young Willie Jefferson

GOLDMEMBER

Blueforlife

6 sacks Argos look very good

Not sold on BC

GOLDMEMBER

Fantastic CFL contest. To bad no one the GTA showed up for it.

J5V

BC and Toronto look very much like they did last year. BC still can't run the ball and their offensive line is weak. Their fortunes will rely on VAs arm.
Go Bombers!

Blue In BC

An entertaining game but I'd disagree that either team played well defensively.  While there were some important plays made, there was no consistency. Argos got torched on a bunch of plays and gave up over 400 yards in total.

Yes, I know. They still won and made some big plays at the right time, but that doesn't change my opinion. Receivers on both teams were often wide open.

Hansen had no impact. Bailey played well and Grant did nothing special but it was his 1st game.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 10, 2024, 02:21:34 AMAn entertaining game but I'd disagree that either team played well defensively.  While there were some important plays made, there was no consistency. Argos got torched on a bunch of plays and gave up over 400 yards in total.

Yes, I know. They still won and made some big plays at the right time, but that doesn't change my opinion. Receivers on both teams were often wide open.

Hansen had no impact. Bailey played well and Grant did nothing special but it was his 1st game.
Argos were deadly on D 2nd half, got to VA and changed the outcome of this one.  Yup lots of yards and open receivers but Argos D came through on a tough battle.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 08, 2024, 09:25:09 PMSask OL kicked out (25 yard penalty) as punched a guys face mask.  Was a weak punch but league making a stand on head shots.

I'm not sure I've ever seen an OL kicked out on a 1-play DQ.  Not sure even a 2x misconduct, which (in theory) would be more likely to occur.

They are not like D players who have zillions of backups dressed: the team usually has only 1 or 2 backup OL!  And hoggies, especially NAT ones, tend to be far more cool-headed.  So what gives?

Boy, was Mace miffed!  I bet he chewed him a new one post-game.  Doubt that happens again.
Never go full Rider!

TBURGESS

Best game of the week. Back and forth. A bunch of lead changes. Some big plays by both teams. 

It came down to the lines. Toronto's D line dominated BC's O line in the second half. Sacks and fumbles cost BC the game. 

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 10, 2024, 08:36:07 AMI'm not sure I've ever seen an OL kicked out on a 1-play DQ.  Not sure even a 2x misconduct, which (in theory) would be more likely to occur.

They are not like D players who have zillions of backups dressed: the team usually has only 1 or 2 backup OL!  And hoggies, especially NAT ones, tend to be far more cool-headed.  So what gives?

Boy, was Mace miffed!  I bet he chewed him a new one post-game.  Doubt that happens again.

Well he took a punch at an opponent. I wouldn't call that a head shot per se. A low velocity hit to the head with the player wearing a helmet. Sure no problem with him being disqualified but we see worse many times. A player being hit at full speed with a shoulder into the head area etc.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TBURGESS

A punch = a hot shower and always has. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 10, 2024, 03:30:13 PMWell he took a punch at an opponent. I wouldn't call that a head shot per se. A low velocity hit to the head with the player wearing a helmet. Sure no problem with him being disqualified but we see worse many times. A player being hit at full speed with a shoulder into the head area etc.

Stupidest play in football, more likely to damage your hand than the guys face.

bluebeard

Whats happening in the west?  Two best teams losing to eastern teams and two also rans winning. I know it is early but could it be parity? :o

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: bluebeard on June 10, 2024, 09:11:21 PMWhats happening in the west?  Two best teams losing to eastern teams and two also rans winning. I know it is early but could it be parity? :o

Seems like we've been waiting about 40 years for parity to emerge!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Just finished watching the BC/Argo game.  Can anyone explain why the Lions cut Prukop and are relying on VA to handle all short yardage situations?  Was their first game some kind of anomaly, with that task reverting to newcomer Chase Brice next game?  I know they thy won't use Dolegala because he's too big and clumsy but at this rate VA will be knocked out of action before game 4. He took a helluva beating against the Argos, most of it totally needless.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 12, 2024, 02:38:47 AMThat seems like big news, but Bombers ain't got no money.

I didn't want him in FA, don't want him now that the Argos decided he wasn't worth it.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Will be interesting to see where he lands

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 11, 2024, 04:28:02 AMCan anyone explain why the Lions cut Prukop and are relying on VA to handle all short yardage situations?

Stupidity?

I mean, I can understand if your #1 QB is a bruiser like D.Durant.  But VAJ is probably the smallest/lightest starting QB in the league, no?  Dude is gonna get killed.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TBURGESS on June 10, 2024, 04:04:40 PMA punch = a hot shower and always has.

Ya, no problem with that.  But name the last time it was a hoggie ejected for a punch...  It's just not something that happens to hoggies.

And the "lighter" punches (like this) sometimes just get you 15 and a strike.  Remember that EZ fracas where AH33 punched some guy?  Ya, they didn't DQ him (Riderfans were hella mad).
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on June 10, 2024, 02:04:47 AMOrimalade is wrecking crew...like a young Willie Jefferson

With 100 more lbs!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on June 10, 2024, 01:55:34 AMWell, I'm terrified to play either of these teams right now.

Ya, someone else said it in another thread... we were probably the worst team this week, in terms of actual performance.  We had the lowest score.  I bet Zach had the worst %age.  I bet we had the most drops/whiffs.

All of the teams, except us, clearly prepared for their games.

Hopefully we got some massive work in this week (players and coaches), otherwise I can see a loss to OTT.  Dru would really love to whip his old team...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on June 10, 2024, 01:25:41 AMWow.  They called that a catch ??  Looked OOB to me

I did the computer PVR thing and it was 100% a catch.  When he had control/possession, the forward foot was not down yet, and the rear foot was still on the turf.  Certainly hard to tell in realtime!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 10, 2024, 12:24:57 AMNice stand for TO 3rd and 1

Well that's a weird play I've never seen before...

VAJ ostensibly gets the 3rd & inches (I checked, it's almost certain before he fumbled he got those inches), but then he fumbles, BC still recovers but now it's back behind the sticks.

So for the purposes of the 3rd down turnover, does forward progress count (pre-fumble) or does the fumble recovery count in terms of yards gained to move the sticks?

I'm actually unsure of the rule here...  I suppose it would be like a WR ball carrier running beyond the sticks but circling back to avoid a defender and ending up short.  In that case the (yards gained) meant nothing.  BUT in this case VAJ is doing no circling back, he's been touched and clearly just moving forward.

Anyone have an interpretation of this?  Say he did get the 1st down before fumbling... explain it.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 10, 2024, 12:19:10 AMBailey looks better than any of our WRs did in week 1 already!

Geez wizz

No kidding.  More importantly, did you see the heart and fire Bailey had after his TD!  He was riling up the crowd, and his team.

In our game, I was watching our team closely for who the "fire" was going to be and it was clearly Woli.  I think he's stepping up to fill the void left by Yoshi & Bailey.  We need the fire guy out there, and so many in our team are low-key, quiet types.  I hope Woli will keep it up and take it to the next level.  I look forwarding to see who else will join him this season.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 10, 2024, 01:44:06 AMBC OL a little leaky

BC's OL was looking weak like ours was.  Simple stunts were fooling them.  And 4 man-rush was regularly getting through.

Ya, part of it is VAJ likes to sit back there for the 4-5s deep routes, but sometimes they weren't even buying him 2.7s.

I wonder if a D can gameplan around VAJ and use the fact he'll often wait the 5s to their advantage to have the DL attack in a "slower" more deliberate manner.

BC's plan for the year will not work out if that OL can't give VAJ time.  Teams will just look at this game, and the '23 WDF, to see how to trounce their O.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 13, 2024, 02:11:10 AMBC's OL was looking weak like ours was.  Simple stunts were fooling them.  And 4 man-rush was regularly getting through.

Ya, part of it is VAJ likes to sit back there for the 4-5s deep routes, but sometimes they weren't even buying him 2.7s.

I wonder if a D can gameplan around VAJ and use the fact he'll often wait the 5s to their advantage to have the DL attack in a "slower" more deliberate manner.

BC's plan for the year will not work out if that OL can't give VAJ time.  Teams will just look at this game, and the '23 WDF, to see how to trounce their O.
I believe D's are usually ahead of O's early in the season and that evens out by the halfway mark as the O's get in sync. I also believe O-lines are especially prone to looking bad early and a good line coach is worth his weight in blue & gold. I fully expect to see BC's and Wpg's O-lines start to gel as the season goes on and it'll get harder for D-lines to be breaking through and because of that you'll likely see more blitz packages to affect pressure. The result is smart QBs like ours will start burning D's when they blitz and when they don't the QB will have more time to find and hit his receivers. Barring some kind of disaster BC and WPG will be in the mix at season's end.
Go Bombers!