Other Games GDT for the weekend of Jun 7

Started by TecnoGenius, June 08, 2024, 10:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 10, 2024, 01:44:06 AMBC OL a little leaky

BC's OL was looking weak like ours was.  Simple stunts were fooling them.  And 4 man-rush was regularly getting through.

Ya, part of it is VAJ likes to sit back there for the 4-5s deep routes, but sometimes they weren't even buying him 2.7s.

I wonder if a D can gameplan around VAJ and use the fact he'll often wait the 5s to their advantage to have the DL attack in a "slower" more deliberate manner.

BC's plan for the year will not work out if that OL can't give VAJ time.  Teams will just look at this game, and the '23 WDF, to see how to trounce their O.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 13, 2024, 02:11:10 AMBC's OL was looking weak like ours was.  Simple stunts were fooling them.  And 4 man-rush was regularly getting through.

Ya, part of it is VAJ likes to sit back there for the 4-5s deep routes, but sometimes they weren't even buying him 2.7s.

I wonder if a D can gameplan around VAJ and use the fact he'll often wait the 5s to their advantage to have the DL attack in a "slower" more deliberate manner.

BC's plan for the year will not work out if that OL can't give VAJ time.  Teams will just look at this game, and the '23 WDF, to see how to trounce their O.
I believe D's are usually ahead of O's early in the season and that evens out by the halfway mark as the O's get in sync. I also believe O-lines are especially prone to looking bad early and a good line coach is worth his weight in blue & gold. I fully expect to see BC's and Wpg's O-lines start to gel as the season goes on and it'll get harder for D-lines to be breaking through and because of that you'll likely see more blitz packages to affect pressure. The result is smart QBs like ours will start burning D's when they blitz and when they don't the QB will have more time to find and hit his receivers. Barring some kind of disaster BC and WPG will be in the mix at season's end.
Go Bombers!