Other Games GDT for the weekend of Jun 7

Started by TecnoGenius, June 08, 2024, 10:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Thread to discuss the other 3 games this weekend.  I think the pain and ire at our bad game has caused a lack of interest/urgency in the other games.  Still, there'll be some things to discuss.

I'll start:

HAM@CGY (partway through):

Butler looking stout.  Why is Butler getting consistent 7-9Y runs -- with the stinky HAM team! -- while our Brady was getting 2-4?  Yikes.

BOO (WR) looking good on a deep(ish) route.  We dev'd him good!

Boo (ST coord, aka Boudreau) stinking up the joint in HAM with a personnel mistake in Q1 forcing him to take a timeout!  It was like the 1st or 2nd ST play, other than the KO.  Doh!

2Q8:25 they are talking about Dickenson The Remaining becoming a Canadian citizen.  All well and good, but at the end they say Dave said it makes him the last Canadian HC to win a GC?  Britt and the booth clearly haven't a clue, because MOS is the last Canadian HC with a GC.  NOW... maybe what Dave really said is the last Canadian QB to win a cup and Britt just screwed it up?  (Did Dave win a GC as QB?)

Really weak crowd in CGY in Q1.  They do like to arrive late, so maybe it picked up.  Otherwise that's really weak for a season opener, especially one they are thanking BLM at.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Based on what I've seen in HAM@CGY up to halftime, CGY, and maybe even HAM, would have beaten us on Thu night.  Both teams have a great run game so far.  Ya, maybe our run-D strength and concentration would have made it harder for them, but maybe not.

BLM hot & cold so far.  Much like 2023, he's having trouble dialing it in.  We'll see what he does in H2.  That new Echols guy looking very good for CGY.  His TD was circus... like what Kenny should have caught.

Houston gets his first INT early for CGY.

BLM taking a huge pop doing a silly non-slide run near halftime, causing him to be concussion-pulled.  He's trying too hard to make up for his overthrows and dwindling career.  Just stay in your lane BLM and worry about the dial!  I don't want to see Zach doing that either (unless it's the GC).

Haha, HAM's Boo (ST coord) just had another too-many-men right at the half.  He's freaking out.  Can you fire a STC after week 1?  I wish him well, but man, he's off to a horrible start.
Never go full Rider!

TBURGESS

I thought that BLM looked a lot better this year. He had zip on the ball that I haven't seen for a while. He took a big hit without breaking. Inches away from another TD which would have made the game way more interesting. If he stays healthy, he could be just what Hamilton needs. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blueforlife

Calgary and Maier looked polished.  Both teams runs games were solid.  A decent game.  BlM looks better but I am still not sold.  BOO looks to be starter ready.

Thanks for starting this I missed it last night.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 08, 2024, 11:21:45 AMBased on what I've seen in HAM@CGY up to halftime, CGY, and maybe even HAM, would have beaten us on Thu night.  Both teams have a great run game so far.  Ya, maybe our run-D strength and concentration would have made it harder for them, but maybe not.

BLM hot & cold so far.  Much like 2023, he's having trouble dialing it in.  We'll see what he does in H2.  That new Echols guy looking very good for CGY.  His TD was circus... like what Kenny should have caught.

Houston gets his first INT early for CGY.

BLM taking a huge pop doing a silly non-slide run near halftime, causing him to be concussion-pulled.  He's trying too hard to make up for his overthrows and dwindling career.  Just stay in your lane BLM and worry about the dial!  I don't want to see Zach doing that either (unless it's the GC).

Haha, HAM's Boo (ST coord) just had another too-many-men right at the half.  He's freaking out.  Can you fire a STC after week 1?  I wish him well, but man, he's off to a horrible start.

Calgary looked better than I expected, Maier may finally be ready to progress as a QB, can see them battling for second or third this season if all goes well.

BLM looked composed and his arm seemed reasonably strong, agree his choice to run the ball at his age is ill conceived and will only lead to more severe injuries. His receivers let him down quite often dropping easy catches. Ti-Cats seem to have a quality control issue in that they always end up with a few players that look  inferior skill wise, seriously James Tuck?  Could be their scouting dept. is weak as they always seem to build their roster around scavenged pieces they've stolen from other teams.

Blueforlife

Good game here, nice to see Warren Moon, looks good.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 08, 2024, 08:44:09 PMGood game here, nice to see Warren Moon, looks good.
good start indeed. Entertaining. MBT looks sharp to start.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Ouelette on his first nice play gave the wave offf to Joshi on the buddy bump,lol
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blueforlife

Nice pick

Sask OL kicked out (25 yard penalty) as punched a guys face mask.  Was a weak punch but league making a stand on head shots.

gobombersgo

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 08, 2024, 09:25:09 PMNice pick

Sask OL kicked out (25 yard penalty) as punched a guys face mask.  Was a weak punch but league making a stand on head shots.

Also making a statement by calling spearing.

Surprised though that they didnt call the Riders for the late hit on the receiver that didnt catch the ball. They have called that on Alexander and Bighill in the past.

Blueforlife

Blueforlife

Blueforlife

Blueforlife

The Zipp