Other Games GDT for the weekend of Jun 7

Started by TecnoGenius, June 08, 2024, 10:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 10, 2024, 03:30:13 PMWell he took a punch at an opponent. I wouldn't call that a head shot per se. A low velocity hit to the head with the player wearing a helmet. Sure no problem with him being disqualified but we see worse many times. A player being hit at full speed with a shoulder into the head area etc.

Stupidest play in football, more likely to damage your hand than the guys face.

bluebeard

Whats happening in the west?  Two best teams losing to eastern teams and two also rans winning. I know it is early but could it be parity? :o

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: bluebeard on June 10, 2024, 09:11:21 PMWhats happening in the west?  Two best teams losing to eastern teams and two also rans winning. I know it is early but could it be parity? :o

Seems like we've been waiting about 40 years for parity to emerge!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Just finished watching the BC/Argo game.  Can anyone explain why the Lions cut Prukop and are relying on VA to handle all short yardage situations?  Was their first game some kind of anomaly, with that task reverting to newcomer Chase Brice next game?  I know they thy won't use Dolegala because he's too big and clumsy but at this rate VA will be knocked out of action before game 4. He took a helluva beating against the Argos, most of it totally needless.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 12, 2024, 02:38:47 AMThat seems like big news, but Bombers ain't got no money.

I didn't want him in FA, don't want him now that the Argos decided he wasn't worth it.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Will be interesting to see where he lands

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 11, 2024, 04:28:02 AMCan anyone explain why the Lions cut Prukop and are relying on VA to handle all short yardage situations?

Stupidity?

I mean, I can understand if your #1 QB is a bruiser like D.Durant.  But VAJ is probably the smallest/lightest starting QB in the league, no?  Dude is gonna get killed.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TBURGESS on June 10, 2024, 04:04:40 PMA punch = a hot shower and always has.

Ya, no problem with that.  But name the last time it was a hoggie ejected for a punch...  It's just not something that happens to hoggies.

And the "lighter" punches (like this) sometimes just get you 15 and a strike.  Remember that EZ fracas where AH33 punched some guy?  Ya, they didn't DQ him (Riderfans were hella mad).
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on June 10, 2024, 02:04:47 AMOrimalade is wrecking crew...like a young Willie Jefferson

With 100 more lbs!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on June 10, 2024, 01:55:34 AMWell, I'm terrified to play either of these teams right now.

Ya, someone else said it in another thread... we were probably the worst team this week, in terms of actual performance.  We had the lowest score.  I bet Zach had the worst %age.  I bet we had the most drops/whiffs.

All of the teams, except us, clearly prepared for their games.

Hopefully we got some massive work in this week (players and coaches), otherwise I can see a loss to OTT.  Dru would really love to whip his old team...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on June 10, 2024, 01:25:41 AMWow.  They called that a catch ??  Looked OOB to me

I did the computer PVR thing and it was 100% a catch.  When he had control/possession, the forward foot was not down yet, and the rear foot was still on the turf.  Certainly hard to tell in realtime!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 10, 2024, 12:24:57 AMNice stand for TO 3rd and 1

Well that's a weird play I've never seen before...

VAJ ostensibly gets the 3rd & inches (I checked, it's almost certain before he fumbled he got those inches), but then he fumbles, BC still recovers but now it's back behind the sticks.

So for the purposes of the 3rd down turnover, does forward progress count (pre-fumble) or does the fumble recovery count in terms of yards gained to move the sticks?

I'm actually unsure of the rule here...  I suppose it would be like a WR ball carrier running beyond the sticks but circling back to avoid a defender and ending up short.  In that case the (yards gained) meant nothing.  BUT in this case VAJ is doing no circling back, he's been touched and clearly just moving forward.

Anyone have an interpretation of this?  Say he did get the 1st down before fumbling... explain it.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 10, 2024, 12:19:10 AMBailey looks better than any of our WRs did in week 1 already!

Geez wizz

No kidding.  More importantly, did you see the heart and fire Bailey had after his TD!  He was riling up the crowd, and his team.

In our game, I was watching our team closely for who the "fire" was going to be and it was clearly Woli.  I think he's stepping up to fill the void left by Yoshi & Bailey.  We need the fire guy out there, and so many in our team are low-key, quiet types.  I hope Woli will keep it up and take it to the next level.  I look forwarding to see who else will join him this season.
Never go full Rider!