Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan, September 3, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, September 01, 2023, 08:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

Quote from: bluengold204 on September 04, 2023, 02:11:06 AM
Whoever keeps saying we got #1D is mentally challenged
They look at the world with really really blue tinted glasses. Our defense is above average but not the best

The Zipp

Bomber Diehard

Couldn?t they have passed a few balls towards Lawler during the game?

buckzumhoff

Sask didn't run the ball . We stopped them but they basically passed every play. How about all out blitz once in awhile like right off the line

buckzumhoff

They should have passed to Lawler . Throw it to an area and go for it

Blue In BC

Jackson made a key block on the Oliveria TD. I think he made another good block on a Demski run. That said, I'm not sure I'd call that a good game or one that we shouldn't be able to find with a Canadian!!

Kramdi: Well, he made a couple of good plays and a couple of horrible plays. IMO the jury is still out. This was against a weaker team.

Collaros: Pierce needs to quit calling those short outs to the sideline on the 1st or 2nd play of the game. That's about the 4th pick on that route early.

Houston: Jumped one he shouldn't have and didn't jump one he should have. Bad day for him.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: The Zipp on September 04, 2023, 02:16:28 AM
Deadly combo there for sure.

IMO he made the correct decision and may have been instructed to give it up by the coaches. If he caught it on the 5 yard line he gets to the 10 yard line. Not a great option.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 04, 2023, 02:23:42 AM
IMO he made the correct decision and may have been instructed to give it up by the coaches. If he caught it on the 5 yard line he gets to the 10 yard line. Not a great option.
No doubt he would have been instructed to give up the single, my question is why?? We go 2 and out, which we did, and sask is kicking a field goal. Should have run it out, it wouldn?t have affected whether Saskatchewan kicks a field goal or not, it cost us the game.

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on September 04, 2023, 02:27:14 AM
No doubt he would have been instructed to give up the single, my question is why?? We go 2 and out, which we did, and sask is kicking a field goal. Should have run it out, it wouldn?t have affected whether Saskatchewan kicks a field goal or not, it cost us the game.

Would you rather punt from the 5 - 10 yard line or the 40 -50 yard line? If your offence starts from the 40 yard line you run different plays potentially. It opens up the playbook a bit more.

The bigger question is why do we continue to allow good returns on K/O's or our punts.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Roster changes made this week were necessary due to injury. That said we could have added another DL. I haven't seen the TOP but we looked gassed again at the end of the Q and in OT. Just like against the Redblacks.

Next week I expect a good chance we see Hansen, Haba, Clement and Grant back.

At worst we need to win the series and keep ahead of the Lions.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 04, 2023, 02:30:38 AM

Would you rather punt from the 5 - 10 yard line or the 40 -50 yard line? If your offence starts from the 40 yard line you run different plays potentially. It opens up the playbook a bit more.

The bigger question is why do we continue to allow good returns on K/O's or our punts.

We have been discussing this for months...waiting for Mike miller isn't the answer - in football ages he is an old man...our personnel and or coaching is sub par.  We gave up field position to a lesser team and they beat us.  Those returns impacted the game.  MOS needs to own this and be accountable for this gap and loss.

Blue In BC

Quote from: The Zipp on September 04, 2023, 02:35:03 AM
We have been discussing this for months...waiting for Mike miller isn't the answer - in football ages he is an old man...our personnel and or coaching is sub par.  We gave up field position to a lesser team and they beat us.  Those returns impacted the game.  MOS needs to own this and be accountable for this gap and loss.

I think O'Shea was just trying to take the heat off the poor coverage " scheme ". That was BS IMO. There is no secret. Kick the ball and make tackles. We're kicking short and not covering.

I don't think Miller will return or help even if he does. Hansen might be a difference maker but he might not be quite ready next week.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: The Zipp on September 04, 2023, 02:35:03 AM
on the post game interview he sort of conceded that it's not great to allow those returns to the 45 and mid field....it didn't really sound like he was accountable for the STs poor showing.....yet again.
Bomber fan for life

BLUEBOMBER

The 2 extra points lost us the game.. Parker really doesn't like the return job.. same goes for McCrae. LOL..