Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan, September 3, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, September 01, 2023, 08:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

The Bombers and the Riders.  Only the Grey Cup carries more interest and significance that the next two Bomber/Rider games.

First up - The Labour Day Classic in Regina. See Jake Thomas' take on the best rivalry in the league - https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/08/31/in-my-words-jake-thomas/

In for the Bombers:  #7 Parker, #32 Burtenshaw

Out for the Bombers:  #2 Darby, #44 Gauthier

Blue Bomber Depth Chart follows: https://twitter.com/EdTaitWFC/status/1697980776170848614/photo/1

Here is Ed Tait's 48-Hour Labour Day Classic Primer - https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/09/01/48-hour-primer-labour-day-classic/

Every game is important but winning the LDC assures us of a playoff spot.  Let's Go Bombers.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Two in and 2 out. What is the status of those players moving out and why can't a depth chart and roster be done at the same time?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83

Hey Blue I wonder the same.
Also, I thought with legalized gambling, releasing rosters would be. Needed to allow betters to make educated choices.  Obviously, if a star isn?t playing, it affects the effectiveness of a team.

I don?t bet, so it doesn?t effect me. 

But as a publicly owned team, wouldn?t it be logical that that info is made known.?
Oh well!

Blue In BC

Quote from: DM83 on September 02, 2023, 04:22:42 PM
Hey Blue I wonder the same.
Also, I thought with legalized gambling, releasing rosters would be. Needed to allow betters to make educated choices.  Obviously, if a star isn?t playing, it affects the effectiveness of a team.

I don?t bet, so it doesn?t effect me. 

But as a publicly owned team, wouldn?t it be logical that that info is made known.?
Oh well!

I think it's the same problem with every team. It's a CFL.CA poop up along with the mess with game stats, season stats and history.

The depth chart shows who is playing so why or how long players are out doesn't impact the betting aspect.  It does appear that both Darby and Gauthier have been moved to 6 game IR.

Riders lose 3 defensive players which will hurt them.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

KINGCHARLES

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 02, 2023, 03:33:14 PM
Two in and 2 out. What is the status of those players moving out and why can't a depth chart and roster be done at the same time?
Well based on the injury reports Gauthier is dealing with a Hip injury and didn't practice all week. Darby for some reason has fallen out of favor with the coaching staff. I forget what happened but i think he's been playing special teams and been taking undisciplined penalties.
DB Parker on, maybe there's defensive formations that are going to call for an extra DB to stop SSK's 3 weapons.
FB Burtenshaw, a more natural FB. Maybe some offensive formations with 2 FB's for extra pass blocking. Even doubling as TE's.

Gotta trust O'Shea and his coaches that they would have seen some things on film that they wanna be prepared for.
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

theaardvark

Quote from: KINGCHARLES on September 02, 2023, 07:03:45 PM
Well based on the injury reports Gauthier is dealing with a Hip injury and didn't practice all week. Darby for some reason has fallen out of favor with the coaching staff. I forget what happened but i think he's been playing special teams and been taking undisciplined penalties.
DB Parker on, maybe there's defensive formations that are going to call for an extra DB to stop SSK's 3 weapons.
FB Burtenshaw, a more natural FB. Maybe some offensive formations with 2 FB's for extra pass blocking. Even doubling as TE's.

Gotta trust O'Shea and his coaches that they would have seen some things on film that they wanna be prepared for.

Not sure Buretenshaw sees more than ST duty... double tights will be Eli and Jackson...

Parker will probably take some of either the KR or PR duties...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

pjrocksmb

Some us didn't know who our 3rd string FB is, now we do.  I doubt he sees any offensive reps

Blue In BC

Another game against a team we should be able to defeat. The catch is to play 60 minutes and not allow them to stay close in the 1st half.

Don't throw 2 pic 6's with the 1st 2 passes. Don't take bad penalties.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 02, 2023, 06:25:53 PM
I think it's the same problem with every team. It's a CFL.CA poop up along with the mess with game stats, season stats and history.

The CFL shouldn't be taking an "oh well" approach to these critical failures, they should be taking Genius Sports to court for failure to deliver promised services on time, hopefully the league's lawyers are pressing aggressively for compensation or a heavy discount on their bill.

Referring to new partners...

The embrace of sports gambling in general disturbs me, I mean we know the industry has been historically corrupt with ties to organized crime, so what's changed?  Which organizations are actually profiting and what evidence is there that it's not just as corrupt as it's always been with most of the profits wired to tax havens. Has Vegas been cleaned up?  Is that even possible???

dd

The key to winning the LDC, is survive the first 5 minutes in crazy mosaic stadium. Don?t give up and big plays so the crowd gets into it, and hopefully we make some big plays to take the crowd out of it.

This is a game we should easily win on paper, but a game we have lost in the past because of the crazy energy the crowd brings to the game

Jesse

I keep hearing that the air quality in Sask is too poor to play and the game would have to be postponed or delayed if nothing changes.

My wife is amazing!

pdirks67

Quote from: Jesse on September 03, 2023, 03:59:22 PM
I keep hearing that the air quality in Sask is too poor to play and the game would have to be postponed or delayed if nothing changes.

Is there a source reporting on this?

Jesse

Quote from: pdirks67 on September 03, 2023, 04:14:32 PM
Is there a source reporting on this?

Right now it?s just looking at the weather network. The air quality is 10+ and the players association wouldn?t allow players to play if it?s over 8.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on September 03, 2023, 05:18:33 PM
Hopefully the wind will move some of that smoke out. 

Yes. Hopefully I?m just being neurotic and we never even hear any official comment because it?s not a big deal.
My wife is amazing!