NFL cuts of CFL'ers thread

Started by theaardvark, July 31, 2023, 08:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

The Zipp

Let's see if Rourke gets some action vs the 'boys this afternoon...you would think he would be getting some snaps

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on August 12, 2023, 09:03:01 PM
Let's see if Rourke gets some action vs the 'boys this afternoon...you would think he would be getting some snaps

From Naylor (who is there):

QB Trevor Lawrence done after 2 series for the @Jaguars. C.J. Beathard in with 3+ minutes remaining in 1st Q. Expecting to see lots of @nathan_rourke today.#NFL

Pete

Ford had two tackles in the gb game

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on August 12, 2023, 09:45:38 PM
From Naylor (who is there):

QB Trevor Lawrence done after 2 series for the @Jaguars. C.J. Beathard in with 3+ minutes remaining in 1st Q. Expecting to see lots of @nathan_rourke today.#NFL

From Naylor:

Nathan Rourke ran an 11-play drive for @Jaguars first possession of 2nd half. His last four pass attempts deep in @dallascowboys territory all incomplete. Drive stalls at Cowboy 15-yard line. He was good on 1/5 pass attempts for 16 yards. Ran twice for 9 yards. #Jags #NFL

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on August 12, 2023, 11:38:14 PM
From Naylor:

Nathan Rourke ran an 11-play drive for @Jaguars first possession of 2nd half. His last four pass attempts deep in @dallascowboys territory all incomplete. Drive stalls at Cowboy 15-yard line. He was good on 1/5 pass attempts for 16 yards. Ran twice for 9 yards. #Jags #NFL

Nathan Rourke goes in untouched from 4 yards out to complete an 8-play, 75-yard TD drive. Then caps it with a successful pass for 2-pt convert. #Jags #NFL

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on August 12, 2023, 11:43:43 PM

Nathan Rourke goes in untouched from 4 yards out to complete an 8-play, 75-yard TD drive. Then caps it with a successful pass for 2-pt convert. #Jags #NFL

I don't think Rourke is getting cut this week

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/1690513486961639424?s=46&t=8CnDJGqaCBCZBxQBGwVX4Q

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Pete

GOLDMEMBER

Rourke looks impressive indeed. They would be dumb cutting him.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Streveler clears NFL waivers and goes back on the Jets injured reserve list.  Round and round he goes.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chris-streveler-reverts-to-jets-injured-reserve-list-after-going-unclaimed

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 13, 2023, 03:33:14 AM
Streveler clears NFL waivers and goes back on the Jets? injured reserve list.  Round and round he goes.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chris-streveler-reverts-to-jets-injured-reserve-list-after-going-unclaimed
It is a darn pity. Since he has been down the yah he is making good money but he also pissing his prime years away for good.

KINGCHARLES

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 13, 2023, 02:31:46 PM
It is a darn pity. Since he has been down the yah he is making good money but he also pissing his prime years away for good.
some will argue this....
He can easily be a starting QB on 4-5 CFL teams this year and probably have a salary in the 350-450k CAD range with hefty bonuses....that's more than he can make on the practice roster/injured reserve in the NFL....thing is if he gets on the active roster then he is making an NFL pro rated(he's never been an active roster for a full season) minimum 940k USD because of 2+yrs of experience.
Even just 4 games on the active roster and he's making a minimum 315,000 CAD. I can now see why he's fully exhausting any and all options.
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS