NFL cuts of CFL'ers thread

Started by theaardvark, July 31, 2023, 08:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

I don't see it as pissing his prime years away, I see him chasing his NFL dream and he's on the cusp of either making it or not, and I hope he does, but time is running out on him either way

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on August 13, 2023, 04:34:35 PM
I don't see it as pissing his prime years away, I see him chasing his NFL dream and he's on the cusp of either making it or not, and I hope he does, but time is running out on him either way

I think Streveler is a novelty QB down there, don't see him ever getting to the #2 spot.

KINGCHARLES

he's made aprox 1.5 million USD chasing the dream. That converts to  a little over 2 million CAD. Or 666,666 per year CAD....he wont make that in the CFL.
Good for him.
If he manages to make an active roster time this year hes on a prorated 1,010,000 usd contract. That is why he cleared waivers... no other NFL team is going to pay him that unless they fully think he can be on the active roster.
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

dd

Quote from: KINGCHARLES on August 13, 2023, 04:49:11 PM
he's made aprox 1.5 million USD chasing the dream. That converts to  a little over 2 million CAD. Or 666,666 per year CAD....he wont make that in the CFL.
Good for him.
If he manages to make an active roster time this year hes on a prorated 1,010,000 usd contract. That is why he cleared waivers... no other NFL team is going to pay him that unless they fully think he can be on the active roster.
He?s made some pretty decent dough chasing his dream!! Good for him!!

theaardvark

PR players with experience get $15kUS per week... even if injured...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

DM83

Good for Strev. Time to maybe look for a new career.

GOLDMEMBER

Now he is on the cusp of doing absolutely nothing in the NFL. He is way more close to being done in the NFL than on any active roster.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

All great money-wise, but Strev strikes me as a guy that misses the huge crowds cheering him on as the #1 starter week after week.  Making a difference.  Being useful.  And the deep playoffs and GCs...  He's getting none of that in the NFL.  They barely know his name and will eventually toss him away like garbage.

He is wasting his prime years there, but maybe the plan is to milk it for all it's worth then come up here and ball again and be something again and be a hero again.  He'll need to learn to be less of a runner though, as he edges over 30...

I bet he fondly remembers his Bomber time every night.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 14, 2023, 12:45:54 AM
All great money-wise, but Strev strikes me as a guy that misses the huge crowds cheering him on as the #1 starter week after week.  Making a difference.  Being useful.  And the deep playoffs and GCs...  He's getting none of that in the NFL.  They barely know his name and will eventually toss him away like garbage.

He is wasting his prime years there, but maybe the plan is to milk it for all it's worth then come up here and ball again and be something again and be a hero again.  He'll need to learn to be less of a runner though, as he edges over 30...

Of course the plan is to hang on and try and make NFL money for as long as he can. Virtually anyone would do that. He got his NFL pension too which isn't a ton but it's guaranteed money for life. Will he come up to the CFL again? Maybe. But he's a slightly better Prukup probably. People think he's going to come up here and start and be a legitimate number 1? I doubt it.

Jesse

Again, he's not wasting it. He's earning during his prime earning years in the very short window that a professional athlete has. He's also living his dreams. Over the past few years he has played in NFL games - he's not been on the PR the whole time.

As for when he comes back, I believe he will (depending on age/injury), and given the state of the league's QBing, he'll absolutely get a chance to start if he wants it. His success will very much depend on the situation he walks into, of course.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 14, 2023, 02:46:01 PM
Of course the plan is to hang on and try and make NFL money for as long as he can. Virtually anyone would do that. He got his NFL pension too which isn't a ton but it's guaranteed money for life. Will he come up to the CFL again? Maybe. But he's a slightly better Prukup probably. People think he's going to come up here and start and be a legitimate number 1? I doubt it.

Take a look around the league at the QB's currently starting games and tell me Streveler doesn't measure up to their potential? He ain't there yet, but in time could become a decent starting QB option in the CFL.  In the last 4 weeks we've seen Crum go from a nobody to a potential future starting QB.  You never know.

TecnoGenius

If the league is full of Ricky Rays, then Strev can't be a starter.

If the league is full of Crums and Calebs and Cornys and Danes and Powells and Dolegalas, then 100% for sure Strev will be a starter.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 15, 2023, 01:33:24 AM
If the league is full of Ricky Rays, then Strev can't be a starter.

If the league is full of Crums and Calebs and Cornys and Danes and Powells and Dolegalas, then 100% for sure Strev will be a starter.

Not necessarily true. A young QB with upside potentially versus an older player that has not succeeded as a passer. At best a bad team might consider him in 2024 if he's available.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

All great money-wise, but Strev strikes me as a guy that misses the huge crowds cheering him on as the #1 starter week after week. 

He got national notoriety in last year's preseason. His name is known down south. The Jets fans do love him.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 15, 2023, 01:23:38 PM
Not necessarily true. A young QB with upside potentially versus an older player that has not succeeded as a passer. At best a bad team might consider him in 2024 if he's available.

Strev. has not established himself as a passer in the CFL yet because he's only thrown the ball a few dozen times, if given consecutive starts I'm sure he would figure it out, he's neither dumb or physically incapable.