Injury Report

Started by theaardvark, July 05, 2023, 09:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

Quote from: Waffler on August 16, 2023, 01:18:55 PM
On the Coaches show MOS said he's coming along and in good spirits.  Something to that effect. McRae was handling most of the punt returns Tuesday but Parker got some too.
I suspect MOS would say the same thing about someone in the morgue.  :D He must have read something about the power of positive thinking.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Emphasises how important Grant is to the return game, they've suffered terribly in his absence. Paul Boudreau should threaten to throw Buck out of the booth and onto the field if he tries to insert him into the offence for needless reps. ever again.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stats Junkie on August 16, 2023, 02:55:35 AM
Brian Cole - week 10 @ Edm
Coach O'Shea suggested that Cole's penalty was for throwing a block at the echo of the whistle.
Cole's other penalty was for roughing the passer in week 7 - perhaps half a second late

Ya, clearly not a penalty MOS will berate him for.  Maybe a little "be more careful" warning.  So Cole clearly still part of the plan and on MOS's good side.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on August 15, 2023, 06:39:56 PM
Darby, must have a hamstring injury. Heavy tape job on his right hamstring. Still taking reps.

Finally we have a potential answer to the Darby/Kramdi mystery.  Like many suspected, Darby just a nagging nick that makes it best if he only plays in an emergency.  Darby probably is still our #1 when 100%.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 16, 2023, 11:31:36 PM
Finally we have a potential answer to the Darby/Kramdi mystery.  Like many suspected, Darby just a nagging nick that makes it best if he only plays in an emergency.  Darby probably is still our #1 when 100%.

Darby has been dressed and playing special teams and was benched for Kramdi before Kramdi got hurt and delayed it for a couple games.

I don?t think they like what Darby?s brought.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on August 17, 2023, 12:00:36 AM
I don?t think they like what Darby?s brought.

Then it's insane that we haven't Gaitor'd and Rutledge'd him.  Vet cutdown looming.  But few other options.

I'm not sold.  I think the nicked theory better fits the facts on the ground.

Ya he is trotting on ST a few times a game, but he's not the gunner nor 2nd wave (it doesn't seem), and isn't really in on plays.  Doubt he's out there much for ST either.  If he's nicked we might just be dressing him purely as catastrophic injury relief for Kramdi, since we don't have any other SAM on PR.

Why do we always have such weird problems with SAM?  I miss Maston (minus the injuries).  We never had a beef with Mercy.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Seems we have some joggers on defense, like #34, and other guys who think running full speed , past  the returner, no where near breaking down is.  And yeah I had special teams duty also.

Oh well the team has a good record.

theaardvark

Gautier and Parker both full practice... that's gonna help special teams...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

bwiser

Colleros back at practice today. I would think he will be starting on Thursday if he is practicing today.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on August 21, 2023, 09:28:55 PM
Gautier and Perker both full practice... that's gonna help special teams...

Gauthier and Parker, both practiced last week as well. I don't think Parker was injured, just can't make the game day roster.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on August 21, 2023, 10:30:18 PM

Gauthier and Parker, both practiced last week as well. I don't Parker was injured, just can't make the game day roster.

Gauthier was allowed to practice last week but was in week 5 of 6 game IR. After the Stamp game he became eligible to be removed from the IR without penalty. Parker was missing his 3rd game after being moved to 1 game IR. So he was and could be eligible to be activated at any time.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

PloenFan

Any word on how long Janarion Grant will be out ?

northof30

Quote from: PloenFan on August 22, 2023, 12:07:36 AM
Any word on how long Janarion Grant will be out ?
You know I get why information on injuries, espy to key players, are somewhat vague and secretive but when you have a player that is (obviously) key to one aspect of your game which is Special Teams and he?s been out the full 6 weeks IR why wouldn?t you at least update the fans on his situation.

Pigskin

Quote from: northof30 on August 22, 2023, 12:54:22 AM
You know I get why information on injuries, espy to key players, are somewhat vague and secretive but when you have a player that is (obviously) key to one aspect of your game which is Special Teams and he?s been out the full 6 weeks IR why wouldn?t you at least update the fans on his situation.

Didn't see him on the field today. However we were only there for the first hour.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: northof30 on August 22, 2023, 12:54:22 AM

Hahaha, oh my sides, they hurt!  Canadian Mafia never updates anyone on anything!  I don't even know what Grant's beef is... it might be a nothingburger and it might be an achilles.

I've mostly come to terms with the MOS way.  I try not to get worked up.  But it would be really nice if teams were forced to report if an injury was season-ending or not.

From what I saw on the play that injured Grant, it was mostly nothing.  I'm shocked he's out this long and I'm more worried than before.  Hopefully whatever it is is mostly healed and doesn't impact his speed.  Look at STMOP Alford in SSK, he's completely lost his mojo this year, clomps and plods along and gets nothing.  McCrae is better!!
Never go full Rider!