Injury Report

Started by theaardvark, July 05, 2023, 09:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: northof30 on August 22, 2023, 12:54:22 AM
You know I get why information on injuries, espy to key players, are somewhat vague and secretive but when you have a player that is (obviously) key to one aspect of your game which is Special Teams and he?s been out the full 6 weeks IR why wouldn?t you at least update the fans on his situation.

We will certainly find out LDC week (very likely September 2) when the Bombers submit their roster for the LDC. That is the  first game after serving the full 6 on the 6-game injured list. He will either be placed on the 1-game, 6-game (again) or game day roster.

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 22, 2023, 04:55:30 AM
Hahaha, oh my sides, they hurt!  Canadian Mafia never updates anyone on anything!  I don't even know what Grant's beef is... it might be a nothingburger and it might be an achilles.

I've mostly come to terms with the MOS way.  I try not to get worked up.  But it would be really nice if teams were forced to report if an injury was season-ending or not.

From what I saw on the play that injured Grant, it was mostly nothing.  I'm shocked he's out this long and I'm more worried than before.  Hopefully whatever it is is mostly healed and doesn't impact his speed.  Look at STMOP Alford in SSK, he's completely lost his mojo this year, clomps and plods along and gets nothing.  McCrae is better!!

I just hate his attitude. He literally scoffs at the reporter or fan who asks questions about an injury.

I would respect it more if he just answered that he won't speak about an injured player.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Today's injury report still shows Alexander as DNP and questionable. Anybody know what's happening on whether the team expects him to play on Thursday? If not what is the best guess on who plays safety?

In game that is usually Hallett but if he doesn't dress then they will add an import as depth at the very least.

Today's practice was closed so no clues from any posters on what to expect. I suppose the depth chart will show something.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 22, 2023, 10:15:14 PM
Today's injury report still shows Alexander as DNP and questionable. Anybody know what's happening on whether the team expects him to play on Thursday? If not what is the best guess on who plays safety?

In game that is usually Hallett but if he doesn't dress then they will add an import as depth at the very least.

Today's practice was closed so no clues from any posters on what to expect. I suppose the depth chart will show something.

Alexander case might be personal. If that's the case, the team won't share anything. They will let Alexander do the talking on that.

Tiger

Quote from: PloenFan on August 22, 2023, 12:07:36 AM
Any word on how long Janarion Grant will be out ?

I believe six week IR is at 6 weeks this or next week.  Need him for the playoffs. No rush at this point.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Tiger on August 23, 2023, 02:44:04 AM
I believe six week IR is at 6 weeks this or next week.  Need him for the playoffs. No rush at this point.

I don't know about that.  I'd say it would be worth the rush to save all the bytes spent here on "McCrae can't return!" posts  ;D ;D 8)
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Quote from: Tiger on August 23, 2023, 02:44:04 AM

Grant was injured on week 5, so he should be able to return for the Labor Day game in Regina. However we did not see him at practice on Monday. For me, it would be sooner then later, as our return game has been terrible. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on August 23, 2023, 12:33:44 AM
Alexander case might be personal. If that's the case, the team won't share anything. They will let Alexander do the talking on that.

I'm just assuming he has a cold or flu and they want to keep him away from teammates and spreading it around. It could be a bunch of things obviously but probably nothing to worry about.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Quote from: Pigskin on August 23, 2023, 06:58:24 AM
Grant was injured on week 5, so he should be able to return for the Labor Day game in Regina. However we did not see him at practice on Monday. For me, it would be sooner then later, as our return game has been terrible. 

I am little surprised we didn't bring in a return guy replacement - you would think with our network of scouts and them attending NFL training camps there would be some speedy guy available to bring in as soon as Grant went down.

Pigskin

Quote from: The Zipp on August 23, 2023, 01:51:37 PM
I am little surprised we didn't bring in a return guy replacement - you would think with our network of scouts and them attending NFL training camps there would be some speedy guy available to bring in as soon as Grant went down.

That's what I was thinking once Grant went on the 6 game.

theaardvark

Wondering what the COVID testing regimen is like these days.. I know a lot of people are "past COVID", but it is still out there, a friend of mine just had it. 

Does the CFL still have COVID protocols in place in case of an outbreak on a team?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on August 23, 2023, 04:47:47 PM
Wondering what the COVID testing regimen is like these days.. I know a lot of people are "past COVID", but it is still out there, a friend of mine just had it. 

Does the CFL still have COVID protocols in place in case of an outbreak on a team?

I don't think so but maybe. It appears Alexander is starting so having missed practice is no big deal. He knows the playbook in his sleep. It may have just been a couple of vet days after some bumps and bruises. We see vets sitting out a lot to give him longer rest between games.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 23, 2023, 04:57:50 PM
I don't think so but maybe. It appears Alexander is starting so having missed practice is no big deal. He knows the playbook in his sleep. It may have just been a couple of vet days after some bumps and bruises. We see vets sitting out a lot to give him longer rest between games.

Loeffler almost never practiced... and still brought it every game...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on August 23, 2023, 05:00:40 PM
Loeffler almost never practiced... and still brought it every game...

Loffler didn't practice much in years 2 and 3 with the Bombers. But, he also only missed 1 game in 2017, and 2 in 2018.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 23, 2023, 04:57:50 PM

B.A. has looked good in recent games, earlier in the year I thought he may have lost a step but he is once again illustrating he's still one of the best Safeties in the CFL.