Injury Report

Started by theaardvark, July 05, 2023, 09:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBURGESS

Note that the head is part of the 'Upper Body".
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

The Zipp

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 15, 2023, 01:10:43 AM

The actual bomber report from today says "neck" for Zach and head for Woli

https://twitter.com/wpg_bluebombers/status/1691194917156958208?s=46&t=8CnDJGqaCBCZBxQBGwVX4Q

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 15, 2023, 01:10:43 AM

Last year, yes.  This year with all the new transparency rules I'm nearly positive they'd have to specify concussion.  Or at the very least "head" like they did Woli in the tweet link just provided.

Quote from: The Zipp on August 15, 2023, 01:12:20 AM
The actual bomber report from today says "neck" for Zach and head for Woli

Yup!  This is "great news" that it's basically what we thought and looks like he dodged a concussion.  So now the only question is: how bad a neck tweak?
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 15, 2023, 01:17:44 AM
Last year, yes.  This year with all the new transparency rules I'm nearly positive they'd have to specify concussion.  Or at the very least "head" like they did Woli in the tweet link just provided.

Yup!  This is "great news" that it's basically what we thought and looks like he dodged a concussion.  So now the only question is: how bad a neck tweak?

Million dollar question

The Zipp

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 15, 2023, 01:17:44 AM

Bad enough to not practice today and tomorrow...then on closed practice day he will practice and be a game time decision with full intention to play this week

TecnoGenius

Coaches show up on the vault.  MOS says first thing re: Zach:

"Coming along"

"These things just take time"

"We'll see how he is tomorrow"

"Doesn't mean he can't or won't play"

I didn't hear MOS rule out Zach from practising Tues.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 15, 2023, 01:38:40 AM
Coaches show up on the vault.  MOS says first thing re: Zach:

"Coming along"

"These things just take time"

"We'll see how he is tomorrow"

"Doesn't mean he can't or won't play"

I didn't hear MOS rule out Zach from practising Tues.
Well that is good news. Nothing wrong with Brown getting a whole game against a weaker Stamp squad.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 14, 2023, 11:13:54 PM
Are you saying you can have your guy practice all week, and at the last minute move him to 6GIR on Thursday, and you still get credit for this week as 1 of the 6 on 6GIR?  Not saying that happens, but you're saying it could?

Theoretically, I suppose. The 6-game works off of games, which is why it is called the 6-game injured list (it's not the 6-week practice list). Practically, players who are hurt and are going to go on the list don't practice because they are actually hurt. Players also have to agree to go on the 6-game, so a player who could practice all week wouldn't necessarily agree to that, I suppose.

Collaros, for example, is currently on the active roster, but stood around in street clothes. On Thursday, they'll either leave him on the active roster and dress him, or put him on the one or six game when they declare their roster for Calgary.

dd

With Collaros out of practice today, i d let brown go the week at practice and start the game. If Collaros is healthy enough to dress I d dress him but I wouldn?t rush him back in with the neck injury, he can backup Brown. Brown will play great, Bombers will win and Collaros can rest his neck for another week.

ModAdmin

Quote from: dd on August 15, 2023, 02:43:01 AM
With Collaros out of practice today, i d let brown go the week at practice and start the game. If Collaros is healthy enough to dress I d dress him but I wouldn?t rush him back in with the neck injury, he can backup Brown. Brown will play great, Bombers will win and Collaros can rest his neck for another week.

That's not a bad option. 
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: dd on August 15, 2023, 02:43:01 AM
a good option....no sense rushing him back regards who we play.    If he's 100% he will want to get back in there....he's competitive and that's why he's a winner.   
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

IMO Collaros will play and this is just precaution. If I'm wrong then Brown gets more time in a meaningful game. Not the worst thing that could happen.

CFL.CA hasn't updated transactions for any team since July 23rd. Several rosters are also out of whack. Can't the league get any of this info correct?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

One thing coaches hate is a QB controversy. Add to that the amount of money Zach makes. If he is healthy he plays. Possibly we will see Brown in sooner to end games but that's it.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

blueraid

Brown is quite capable to run this club and be successful .....we are very fortunate to be in that position.....Unfortunately Dru is now becoming a hot commodity in a league that needs top end pivots....IF he plays on Fri. and continues to show that he belongs in a starting qb. role, then his days will be numbered here....Great for him ...not so much for us....Wish him all the best ....his future looks good

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 15, 2023, 01:21:50 PM
IMO Collaros will play and this is just precaution. If I'm wrong then Brown gets more time in a meaningful game. Not the worst thing that could happen.

CFL.CA hasn't updated transactions for any team since July 23rd. Several rosters are also out of whack. Can't the league get any of this info correct?

I'd like to see Brown start just to test him one more time against a semi-decent opponent to see how he does, let Zach recover fully for the next game against the Als, which may be a tough challenge.