Injury Report

Started by theaardvark, July 05, 2023, 09:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.O.A.B.

If Grant is still not good to go after the bye, I think Savon Scarver who was just released by the RedBlacks is worth a look.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 26, 2023, 11:33:04 PM
If Grant is still not good to go after the bye, I think Savon Scarver who was just released by the RedBlacks is worth a look.

Interesting... was he doing returns there?  I remember him on O.  Hands seemed a bit suspect.

Savon should totally be in the CFL, and be specially sponsored by Sav(e)on Foods!  :D
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 26, 2023, 10:48:13 PM
Another poster mentioned how Jackson was used effectively for blocking.

Ratio is the issue. If we had another player for rotation on the DL it wouldn't be an issue. Bombers have 2 extra OL to use as blockers. When is Miller going to be able to return?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 27, 2023, 01:21:50 PM
Ratio is the issue. If we had another player for rotation on the DL it wouldn't be an issue. Bombers have 2 extra OL to use as blockers. When is Miller going to be able to return?

Not sure why they cant use BOLO as an extra blocker. He is a big guy.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 27, 2023, 02:01:13 PM
Not sure why they cant use BOLO as an extra blocker. He is a big guy.

What about Burtenshaw who is listed as a FB? Drafted in 2022 and played 3 games. If he's not ready now, then when?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 27, 2023, 12:47:06 AM
Interesting... was he doing returns there?  I remember him on O.  Hands seemed a bit suspect.

Savon should totally be in the CFL, and be specially sponsored by Sav(e)on Foods!  :D

Temp. fix at best, they'd have to cut him as soon as Grant comes back.  I'd rather they make due with what they have rather than adding another player who serves no other purpose and takes up a roster spot.

Pigskin

I have no problem with Parker returning kicks. He has great speed, and can play DB.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Pigskin on July 27, 2023, 05:47:36 PM
I have no problem with Parker returning kicks. He has great speed, and can play DB.
Only issue it takes a toll on one's body

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 28, 2023, 12:41:18 AM
Only issue it takes a toll on one's body

This.  Parker is far more valuable as a DB.  Why injure him as a returner?

I liked it when we put JA27 in to return a kick (or 2?) last game.  Or was that just because they pooched it??  Anyhow, this job should be given to the depth DAs or a NAT.  Why not have Cole or Jackson return?  To me the only requirement is: don't whiff or fumble.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 28, 2023, 03:26:01 AM
This.  Parker is far more valuable as a DB.  Why injure him as a returner?

I liked it when we put JA27 in to return a kick (or 2?) last game.  Or was that just because they pooched it??  Anyhow, this job should be given to the depth DAs or a NAT.  Why not have Cole or Jackson return?  To me the only requirement is: don't whiff or fumble.

If Parker is going to start maybe. If he's the primary backup then it's not really a concern. Augustine returned basically all the kickoffs against Edmonton because Edmonton refused to kick it deep and instead chose something more than a pooch but less than an actual kick. It made no sense.

Blue In BC

It does seem there is a very good chance that we see both Rose and Wilson back against the Lions on the 3rd. That's going to help our defence quite a bit. It shouldn't take long for them to get up to game speed.

Who comes off the roster will be discussed at length leading up to the game.

As far as I know we aren't going to lose any additional players to injury from the Elks game?

Practice Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday walk through? Always curious to see the daily IR report shows some other IR players starting to participate. Another couple might be available by game 10 if they are close to recovering.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 29, 2023, 03:21:45 PM
As far as I know we aren't going to lose any additional players to injury from the Elks game?

Schoen?
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 30, 2023, 01:26:49 AM
Schoen?

I expect him to play. He has the mentality of a tough LB.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Did Grant practice today or anything on him?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 30, 2023, 09:56:02 PM
Did Grant practice today or anything on him?

Still sitting on the 6 game.