Injury Report

Started by theaardvark, July 05, 2023, 09:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewBlue

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 16, 2023, 12:27:57 AM
Sure, not sold we have that on the roster or it's time.  I would rather change schemes or add the jumbo.  Not saying there isn't a problem, don't agree with sitting either these guys. Eli is developing and I like him.

Did we even try the jumbo those last couple drives when we needed to run & eat up time?

pjrocksmb

Quote from: NewBlue on July 16, 2023, 12:50:46 AM
Did we even try the jumbo those last couple drives when we needed to run & eat up time?
Don't think so

dd

that would have made to much sense. Instead, let?s throw a weak out pattern for a pick 6!!! Worse play calling I ve ever seen. No way we should have lost that game, but do stupid stuff like that and you absolutely deserve to lose.

Blue In BC

Miller and Hansen extended on 6 game IR. Hard to speculate on how long it will be if we see them in 2023 without knowing what injuries they are dealing with.

Wilson and Rose moved to 1 game IR and that gives them a bit longer before they might move to AR.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

3rdand1.5

So Hanson is extended on the 6 and I believe Haba has been added (please correct me if I am wrong)...wow we have 3 interior Dline in Lawson, Thomas and Walker with Fox on the PR, we then have the Jeffs and Bennet? Unless I am missing something this is terribly concerning, If Jeffcoat who has shown not to stay healthy get's nicked again we are down to Bennet full time (I believe he is a PR candidate, not a rotational piece yet, never mind starter) with no real DE to back-up?

Maybe I am being too hard on it but with the latest injuries our D-line may just be the worst in the league....

Blue In BC

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on July 19, 2023, 05:45:56 PM
So Hanson is extended on the 6 and I believe Haba has been added (please correct me if I am wrong)...wow we have 3 interior Dline in Lawson, Thomas and Walker with Fox on the PR, we then have the Jeffs and Bennet? Unless I am missing something this is terribly concerning, If Jeffcoat who has shown not to stay healthy get's nicked again we are down to Bennet full time (I believe he is a PR candidate, not a rotational piece yet, never mind starter) with no real DE to back-up?

Maybe I am being too hard on it but with the latest injuries our D-line may just be the worst in the league....

Yes Haba reportedly moved to 6 game IR.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on July 19, 2023, 05:45:56 PM

Time to go shopping, prefer to trade assets rather than pick up a DE currently out of work, but a temp. fix like Lemon would work till the end of the season.  Suggest moving Kona for a Natl. DE, not many out there but there are a few decent ones that might be available in trade for a solid Natl. Center.

Pigskin

Clements and Haba where both playing well. Clements 20 DTs, 2 STs, 2 Sacks. Haba 9 DTs, 3 Sacks.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

We had 6 man OL for both downs before the Woli INT.

We had all 7 hoggies in for 1 run play after the INT.

Those run plays OTT was putting 8 or 9 in the box, no respect for many pass routes, and zero respect for runs to the edge.  Brady has to be able to bounce it out sometimes, and be effective, or teams will just load the box.

Look at Ouellette, he can bounce it every which way, and I'm not sure he's much faster than Brady: he's got so much beef on him, it must slow him down.  Reminds me of Hecht.

Maybe our problems are mainly in scheme and known limitations.  Teams just sit and exploit them.  You have to make them pay by either breaking the tendency on the limitation, or extreme trickery.  I would hope Buck would give some more thought to the trickery aspect, even though I know MOS has greatly moved away from it since his early years.

If teams are going to exploit our known holes, then we can predict what they are going to do.  For instance we know there will be no help in the outside flat.  So run clearing routes and get someone sneaking out into those flats.  Darn, it would be nice to have Miller back...
Never go full Rider!

M.O.A.B.

Not sure if its that hard to find a Canadian FB.

Heck, Bombers can sign Canadian QB O?Connor (6.5 225) and put him in as FB/QB. No different than having a LS/FB. Actually, it better since they can use O?Connor on some pass play.

gobombersgo

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 19, 2023, 05:23:46 PM
Miller and Hansen extended on 6 game IR. Hard to speculate on how long it will be if we see them in 2023 without knowing what injuries they are dealing with.

Wilson and Rose moved to 1 game IR and that gives them a bit longer before they might move to AR.
Miller is still on his original 6 game. He was on the 1 game for the first week of the season. Since he didn't practice this week it looks like he'll be extended on the 6 game after the bye week.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gobombersgo on July 20, 2023, 10:05:26 AM
Miller is still on his original 6 game. He was on the 1 game for the first week of the season. Since he didn't practice this week it looks like he'll be extended on the 6 game after the bye week.
Crazy.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

M.O.A.B.

With Haba on the 6-gamer, time to bring this up again.

Sign Shawn Lemon !

;D

NewBlue

Something I never understood was the concept of guys on the IR and salary savings.
Do we actually save $$, or basically break even due to having to find replacement guys?

Is signing Lemon even possible?

Blue In BC

Quote from: NewBlue on July 20, 2023, 03:11:22 PM
Something I never understood was the concept of guys on the IR and salary savings.
Do we actually save $$, or basically break even due to having to find replacement guys?

Is signing Lemon even possible?

It depends on the salary of the player going to IR and his replacement. Veterans are often replaced by players from the PR on ELC deals. So in theory any veteran player that stays on the 6 game IR is saving the teams SMS. OTOH, it is still cost against profit and loss.

Trevor Harris was earning $500K and didn't make it through the 1st 3rd of the season. Any advance payment would count against the Rider SMS. The balance ( let's say 1/2 of annual salary ) would be about $14K per game. That's about $200K if he doesn't play again in 2023.  His replacement is a rookie QB from their PR.

R. Lewis in Edmonton is the highest paid receiver in the CFL and he's been on the 6 game IR for the 4th game. I don't specifically know what receiver replaced him but it will be a significant savings if he doesn't come off the IR sooner than 6 games.

I don't know whether Lemon is being considered by the Bombers or any CFL team. If we do sign him, chances are he'd earn more than Haba and we might have to commit to keeping him for the entire season in order for him to sign. Note that if Haba misses 6 games, we might be at a point of veteran guaranteed salary point for lemon.

2019 Grey Cup Champions