Natls.
Exume
Hallett x 2?
Kramdi

PR
Karamoko
Muhammad
Jake Kelly

When you see them listed like this it is impressive, all deserve to play when healthy, but there are only 5 secondary spots for 8 viable starters.  I don't know if it's possible to carry them all till the end of the season or if injuries will help juggle reps. and balance contentment, but they might want to look towards making a trade for other assets, such as a Natl. DE.

Next off-season I can see losing 2-3 for better opportunities to start or better pay elsewhere, so Richie Hall might as well pick his favourites in time for the playoffs and commit to them so they are wrapped up and fully committed to coming back next season.

Kelly has been on the AR all season so far.

Kramdi is the back up SAM in theory for an in game injury. But he's on the 1 game IR at the moment.

I'm not sure whether there is a longer term solution if Darby is injured. I would if ADS might get a look there. He's been a hard hitting tackler and seems to cover well. Of course we don't DI a DB so it's only a question if Darby sustains a long injury. IE: what's plan B besides an in game replacement?

Karamoko might also be choice at SAM. A team can choose to roster a 3rd global in exchange for 1 import less IIRC.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Rose could probably play in Darby's spot if needed..

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on July 13, 2023, 05:46:54 PM
Rose could probably play in Darby's spot if needed..

Not a move I would make. You don't put the guy coming off injury closer to the line.

MOS said the guys coming off IR would practice for a couple of weeks before entering the line up, anyway.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 13, 2023, 04:52:17 PM
Kelly has been on the AR all season so far.

Kramdi is the back up SAM in theory for an in game injury. But he's on the 1 game IR at the moment.

I'm not sure whether there is a longer term solution if Darby is injured. I would if ADS might get a look there. He's been a hard hitting tackler and seems to cover well. Of course we don't DI a DB so it's only a question if Darby sustains a long injury. IE: what's plan B besides an in game replacement?

Karamoko might also be choice at SAM. A team can choose to roster a 3rd global in exchange for 1 import less IIRC.

Karamoko  certainly has the size to play SAM, 6"-2" 213 lbs, he's actually heavier than LB Brian Cole 6'-2" 207 lbs., who might also be a good candidate to backup Darby 5'-10" 206 lbs.  Key to that position is having great coverage skills and being smart enough to anticipate what the offence is trying to achieve. Luckily they have Biggie on the field to call the plays out.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Jesse on July 13, 2023, 04:42:12 PM
My starting 5 are: Rose - Parker - Alexander - Nichols - Houston
Agree

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on July 13, 2023, 05:49:12 PM
Not a move I would make. You don't put the guy coming off injury closer to the line.

MOS said the guys coming off IR would practice for a couple of weeks before entering the line up, anyway.

I also think Rose is to small. He's only 170lbs.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on July 13, 2023, 07:17:38 PM
I also think Rose is to small. He's only 170lbs.

That's the issue. ADS is a little heavier than several of our DB's. Cole is very fast but I don't know what his cover skills are like. Size wise he'd make a good CB if he could cover.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Ok. Grant is out. Whether he's headed to 1 game or 6 game IR hasn't been announced yet. Who comes on the roster not specified. Everybody else on the IR report is listed as questionable including those that practised all week. What a useless report.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

Demski has missed 2 practices and is listed as questionable.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 13, 2023, 04:41:35 PM
Hallett x 2?

Hallett The Second, the "Injury Hallett" was let go before season start.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 14, 2023, 03:28:34 AM
Hallett The Second, the "Injury Hallett" was let go before season start.

I know, but I believe he's still in the Bombers plans, I think they'll give him another shot once he's recovered, which may not be until next year.

GOLDMEMBER

Lets put Eli in there Gray and or Neufeld are are push overs.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

Gray is fine.  Neufeld had a bad game.  They are our starters.

Jesse

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 16, 2023, 12:20:34 AM
Gray is fine.  Neufeld had a bad game.  They are our starters.

That kind of thinking will tank a team real quick.

If there are better players in the wings, sometimes you gotta give them a shot.
My wife is amazing!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Jesse on July 16, 2023, 12:26:39 AM
That kind of thinking will tank a team real quick.

If there are better players in the wings, sometimes you gotta give them a shot.
Sure, not sold we have that on the roster or it's time.  I would rather change schemes or add the jumbo.  Not saying there isn't a problem, don't agree with sitting either these guys. Eli is developing and I like him.