Injury Report

Started by theaardvark, July 05, 2023, 09:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on July 06, 2023, 03:01:55 PM
My question wasn't *if* he is going to dress, the question is *why* he is on the "injury list" and DNP...

They have to list his name if he's not practicing, I would guess.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on July 06, 2023, 05:06:49 PM
They have to list his name if he's not practicing, I would guess.

Yes, I understand.  My question is: Why is he not practicing?  Is this a personal issue, a legal issue, or some other concern?  I'm not "demanding to be told everything because this is a community owned team and I'm in the community", I'm just curious.  Like a cat.  Its said I have cat like reflexes.  I walk into a room, sit down, and don't move for hours.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Bighill's father passed away recently so he has not been at practice. He may not dress for the game tomorrow although he's listed on the depth chart.

Condolences to him and the rest of his family. If you need to take a week off to be with your family, please make that your priority
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 06, 2023, 05:26:22 PM
Bighill's father passed away recently so he has not been at practice. He may not dress for the game tomorrow although he's listed on the depth chart.

Condolences to him and the rest of his family. If you need to take a week off to be with your family, please make that your priority
Bighill was at practice this week and will play tomorrow. It was last week when he missed practice.

pjrocksmb

Sure hope Biggie can find some normality during this difficult time for his family.  He is a key cog for us and has been playing well this year IMO.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on July 06, 2023, 05:23:37 PM
Yes, I understand.  My question is: Why is he not practicing?  Is this a personal issue, a legal issue, or some other concern?  I'm not "demanding to be told everything because this is a community owned team and I'm in the community", I'm just curious.  Like a cat.  Its said I have cat like reflexes.  I walk into a room, sit down, and don't move for hours.

Oh, well I just don't care about that.

It could literally be anything and they never tell us anything so....whatever.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 06, 2023, 05:23:37 PM
Yes, I understand.  My question is: Why is he not practicing?  Is this a personal issue, a legal issue, or some other concern?  I'm not "demanding to be told everything because this is a community owned team and I'm in the community"

Hahahaha

On a serious note, forum fans want to know details because we're forum fans.  We're curious, nosy, gossipy, and fret more about Bomber injuries than the WFC does (partly because they have all the info and we only get scraps).  Knowing more about injuries is what allows us to forecast injury durations.  At the very least most of us want to know if something is back-this-season vs season-ending.  They don't usually give us even that...

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 06, 2023, 05:26:22 PM

Well that sucks, sad to hear.  Condolences to all the Bighills.  I remember his dad being part of a couple of the featurettes TSN has done on Biggie in the past.  His dad was a big part of him being the man he is.  Seemed like a great, strong, family; all working to overcome the challenges Biggie faced as a child.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Looks like the roster actually matches the current reality. IR, PR and AR all seem to match the depth chart for tomorrow.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Apparently AB4 is dealing with a hip injury. DS83 is also still dealing with a sore hip. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Stretch

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 06, 2023, 09:28:02 PM
Knowing more about injuries is what allows us to forecast injury durations.

So now you?re a doctor who also has a PVR?  ;)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stretch on July 06, 2023, 11:41:38 PM
So now you?re a doctor who also has a PVR?  ;)

Armchair QB.  Armchair HC.  Armchair doctor... not much of a stretch!
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

It appears that Parker and Rose could be available next week if needed. I think if we don't have any new injuries this week, we wait until game 8 to consider adding them to the roster.

Lawrence might be available in week 9 but I haven't really heard much about his injury or probable duration.

So, if our DB's are playing well, we're winning and don't have new injuries, what do we do? None of them should be moved to PR and likely would balk anyway.

If a player is on 6 game IR is extended, he can come off early. Does staying on the 6 game IR for a couple of extra weeks still waive the SMS hit for games 7 and 8 for example?

We might end up with a few extra healthy bodies at the same time. That's not a bad thing except for SMS issues and which part of the roster they reside.

All of this could make the DB's on the PR expendable.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

OK, so the Dru Brown mystery is over... his father passed away suddenly.  And we know the WBB policy for that...

Condolences to Dru and his family...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 12, 2023, 06:40:34 PM
So, if our DB's are playing well, we're winning and don't have new injuries, what do we do? None of them should be moved to PR and likely would balk anyway.

I'd start the original guys (Rose, Parker, etc).  On the one hand, you're right in that things are clicking fairly well with the current crew, and you don't want to upset the apple cart.  But on the other hand, the "free bingo spot" OTT would make a great time to ease the original guys back into place and shake off the rust.  Or to think of it another way, it would let you try them out to see if either one stinks (like many want to believe about Rose), without any real downside, then return to a new guy for the subsequent game.

Keep in mind the BC loss was partly on the pretty lame play of the "new" DB guys.  Maybe Rose/Parker in that game makes INT-prone VAJ pay on some of those sure-thing throws.  Gotta believe Hall was keeping the new guys safely behind every single receiver, as explosion insurance.  That's part of what allowed VAJ to 10-20 yard dink & dunk us all night.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the original crew play against the next tough opponent (BC, TOR) instead of the rookies / depth guys.
Never go full Rider!

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: theaardvark on July 12, 2023, 11:26:06 PM
OK, so the Dru Brown mystery is over... his father passed away suddenly.  And we know the WBB policy for that...

Condolences to Dru and his family...

:-\

To think that a few post back, you are asking for an explanation... wow.