27 (39.1%)
Low - can't miss 2 in a row like that, put him on short leash
15 (21.7%)
Zero -Look for a new place kicker now
10 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Blitzer

Quote from: theaardvark on September 05, 2022, 01:22:48 AM
Oh, and the juke on the for sure blocked punt, and still gets off a deep punt. 

I think he's pretty safe as our kicker for the next decade or more...

That juke was great. He's looking good.

Throw Long Bannatyne

He had a great game today and his slate has been wiped clean.  Hopefully he can stay on the right track and not provide further reason to doubt his ability to handle pressure.

Tee42

How many games, how many saves, does it take for somebody to regain confidence in a kicker? Nobody is more critical on their players than us. I think we need to let it go, he is the guy. At this point any kicker in the league that played for us would be under the same microscope. It is what it is.

Lincoln Locomotive

He's more than redeemed himself with not only the longest FG of his career.....in front of 33K psychopathic screaming Rider fans in the hallowed LDC no less plus.  Add on his his combined kicking duties and that is also impressive!   His sidestep move avoiding the punt block and his bouncing kick pinning them deep on their 20 was epic!  He practices those bouncing kicks BTW!!   That's a huge turn around play if it's blocked and we'd likely have lost the game.  

Leggz is  our guy and I hope he has silenced most of his harshest critics....we can always hope!?    The fact that MOS continues giving Leggz the support and the opportunity to kick the winning FG in such an iconic game and against that psychopathic mob....says one thing.   MOS will do exactly the same thing with the Western Final or the Grey Cup on the line.    That's how much faith MOS has for Marc Legghio.  I'll be putting my faith behind MOS's and if most of us did likewise, it would provide a lot of power and positive energy around our Canadian Kicker.   He could well be another Noel Prefontaine in the making....oh yeah MOS played with and coached Noel and knows a little about special teams and players.....
Bomber fan for life

blue_or_die

Quote from: Tee42 on September 05, 2022, 03:34:24 AM
How many games, how many saves, does it take for somebody to regain confidence in a kicker? Nobody is more critical on their players than us. I think we need to let it go, he is the guy. At this point any kicker in the league that played for us would be under the same microscope. It is what it is.

I don?t disagree that he did a great job this game, but he?s had some extremely tough outs as well.

Are you a relative? You?ve been defending him rain or shine since he?s been on the team.
#Ride?

Pigskin

I glad the Bombers are giving him a chance to grow and improve. He had a great game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Tee42

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 05, 2022, 03:58:07 AM
I don?t disagree that he did a great job this game, but he?s had some extremely tough outs as well.

Are you a relative? You?ve been defending him rain or shine since he?s been on the team.

I am not a relative. I?ve been around teams he has played on and I know what he can do. It?s sad how harsh people can be. I will keep defending.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Tee42 on September 05, 2022, 09:41:13 AM
I am not a relative. I?ve been around teams he has played on and I know what he can do. It?s sad how harsh people can be. I will keep defending.
So true....Winnipeg fans and some posters on this forum have it in for kickers and are a tough crowd to please.   But then again, they didn't dump a load of pig manure on his driveway after he missed that game winner against the Als either!   
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

I upgrade legs to a 10 out of 10.  Nothing to see here.

outstanding!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TBURGESS

Leggz lost us a game a couple of weeks ago and won us a game yesterday. Such is the life of a kicker.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

ModAdmin

Some players take longer to fully adjust to the pro game.  It takes patience and opportunity to develop as we know from experience.  Clearly the experts see a future for him.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

BLUEBOMBER

Legs is growing into his role... hope he continues to improve..  we need a good kicking game if we are to three peat..  Now if only we can get Grant back healthy and if Oliviera can play with more intensity rather than play like it's touch football..

pjrocksmb

I have said it before and I'll say it again

A good kicker that will be great and patience pays off

NewBlue

I wonder if those fans that wanted him cut (haven't seen a single one of you own up yet) are now wanting to sign him to a 50 year deal?
It would be a similar over reaction.

There will be more misses, and more great kicks.  Lets support him even in the downtimes, and maybe there'll be more goodtimes.

dd

Quote from: BLUEBOMBER on September 05, 2022, 05:25:16 PM
Legs is growing into his role... hope he continues to improve..  we need a good kicking game if we are to three peat..  Now if only we can get Grant back healthy and if Oliviera can play with more intensity rather than play like it's touch football..
Yes, making that kick took a piano off his back as I can imagine the howling if he missed it and we lost the game.

Good for him though. He made a big, long kick in a pressure cooker of a game. This will help with his confidence as if he can kick a 50+ yarder in Regina in the LDC, all other kicks are down hill