27 (39.1%)
Low - can't miss 2 in a row like that, put him on short leash
15 (21.7%)
Zero -Look for a new place kicker now
10 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Blue In BC

Quote from: Tee42 on August 26, 2022, 10:00:32 PM
I know my thoughts are not logical. the purpose of the post was to bring attention to the option year on his contract. There are a lot of people that would like to see Leggs gone, those are not the logical people.

He is very valuable when you see the ages of some of the veteran kickers. AND he does all 3 and he is Canadian and he is young. $$$$

I

Every player gets assessed during the off season whether he's a free agent of not. Some vets will retire or get released due to age and SMS issues. A few of our players are quite old in terms of football.

Bombers aren't usually too active in trading away players. They might make a deal like the acquisition of Lawson for draft picks.

Regarding Liegghio, at the moment I fully expect he will be back in 2023. But anything can happen, including injury that makes him unavailable for the beginning of TC.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Leggs is good and will be great and I don't expect us to go after a replacement

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 26, 2022, 10:48:22 PM
Yes, Leggs' star is rising after last night's performance.  Not missing anything all night is a great accomplishment.  No real testing distances, but I'm more interested in seeing consistency at the must-make ranges (under 35).

My beef with him wasn't missing a 37 2 weeks ago, it was missing the 32 plus the rouge.

We'll see how he continues to perform.  I still think KW is eyeing a "playoff run kicker", I mean, why not?  We shall see!!

That's just paranoia speaking.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Legghio was 5 for 5 last night and all from 32 yards out.    He still needs to win a game or two for us with a walk off FG.....that's when the real pressure either makes you as a kicker....or breaks you.   He did gain back some confidence with this last outing though....the big test is yet to come!  I do feel he may overcome his demons
Bomber fan for life

Tiger

Can?t we Liegghio of this thread?

:P :P ::)
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

theaardvark

55 yarder with the game on the line in a stadium where you can't hear yourself think?

Splits the uprights...

OK, anyone want to change their answers now?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Legghio was pumped and rightfully so. That's how you become mentally tough. Bounce back after missing a big kick to have two solid games. The 55 yarder is obviously the best kick of his career so far.

jets4life

I just saw this thread for the first time.

I voted "High."

ichabod_crane

The kid has come back strong from the shaky Montreal game. Was money today! Sask kicker choked on his long bomb. Difference in the game at the end.

theaardvark

Oh, and the juke on the for sure blocked punt, and still gets off a deep punt. 

I think he's pretty safe as our kicker for the next decade or more...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: theaardvark on September 05, 2022, 01:22:48 AM
Oh, and the juke on the for sure blocked punt, and still gets off a deep punt. 

I think he's pretty safe as our kicker for the next decade or more...

That was truly thinking on the fly on that play. Bombers seemed to gain momentum from that

NewBlue

There are a bunch of fans that should be embarrased right now.....

TecnoGenius

Wow.  Leggs was a superstar today.  He proved me wrong.  I'm fine with rolling with Leggs, even if he pulls more MTLish games.

Sitting in the stands I thought it was a punt for sure, then I look down and see FG formation and I'm like ... uhhh... wha?

You know what else?  At that moment the wind had mostly died.  He made that distance without much wind help.  And the almost-blocked punt recovery was one of the best I've seen.
Never go full Rider!

BLUEBOMBER

Leggs was good today but it takes years to build confidence in a kicker. Keep it up Leggs and you will get the recognition. The field goals and the punt where he dodged the defender to make the kick shows he had really grown as a player a lot over the past year...

Tee42

If you really know leggs, there is no doubt that he is a great athlete and kicker all around. The more you chirp him and question him the worse it is. I know it?s a mental game, but this guy can do it, I?ve been saying it since last year. You really need to let leggs be leggs and he will not let you down if you support him.