Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: gobombersgo on February 22, 2022, 11:46:41 PM
When training camps roll around all teams will have roughly the same amount of players (will very slightly due to injuries, suspensions etc). By my count the Bombers currently have 58 players (including 2 suspended) and are on track to filling out their training camp roster.

What you will see with Toronto and Edmonton is they will be releasing players continually throughout the spring to get down to the proper roster limits. The Bombers wont be doing that as they currently don't have any dead wood on their roster.

Which 2 are suspended and why are they suspended?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 24, 2022, 04:00:18 PM
Which 2 are suspended and why are they suspended?

James Williams        RB   A   added to suspended list Dec 14 2021
Zach Houghron        DT   A   added to suspended list Dec 14 2021

I'm not sure why they are suspended. Maybe the Bombers are still interested in them but they haven't committed to playing in 2022 yet.

Blue In BC

Quote from: gobombersgo on February 24, 2022, 04:20:37 PM

James Williams        RB   A   added to suspended list Dec 14 2021
Zach Houghron        DT   A   added to suspended list Dec 14 2021

I'm not sure why they are suspended. Maybe the Bombers are still interested in them but they haven't committed to playing in 2022 yet.

It appears Williams was signed for TC 2020 so he should have been a free agent in February. Houghron was also signed as undrafted in 2020 and didn't report to TC in 2021.. The suspended info is from the unofficial roster and probably not be valid.

Whether either get new offers or not is anybody's guess I suppose.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 24, 2022, 06:16:34 PM
It appears Williams was signed for TC 2020 so he should have been a free agent in February. Houghron was also signed as undrafted in 2020 and didn't report to TC in 2021.. The suspended info is from the unofficial roster and probably not be valid.

Whether either get new offers or not is anybody's guess I suppose.

The information was taken from the CFL transactions page.

Blue In BC

Quote from: gobombersgo on February 24, 2022, 10:41:23 PM
The information was taken from the CFL transactions page.

Sure but that was BEFORE the free agency date after which their 2 year contract would have expired. It was just paperwork dealing with cleaning up the rosters post season.

It's moot in any case.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-02-28   WPG   CLEMENTS, Malik   LB   N   Cincinnati   Add To   Active Roster

Clements was released by Edmonton on Feb 17th after playing 7 games for them in 2021.

Blue In BC

Quote from: gobombersgo on February 28, 2022, 11:29:12 PM
Transactions:

2022-02-28   WPG   CLEMENTS, Malik   LB   N   Cincinnati   Add To   Active Roster

Clements was released by Edmonton on Feb 17th after playing 7 games for them in 2021.

Bombers must have liked what they saw of him in 2021. Seems to be capable of playing at MLB and WIL? Could be a good depth player that will compete to win a role as a DI?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS TRANSACTIONS: MARCH 4, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., March 4, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American linebacker Malik Clements.

Clements
(6-0, 230, Cincinnati, October 4, 1996, in Danville, VA) appeared in seven games with the Elks in 2021, recording 11 defensive tackles and two special teams tackles. Clements played collegiate football at Cincinnati, racking up 187 total tackles, nine for loss, two sacks, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and one interception.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/03/04/blue-bombers-transactions-march-4-2022/

gobombersgo

Blue Bombers add fullback to roster

WINNIPEG, MB., March 4, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed Canadian fullback Antonio Valvano to a two-year contract.

Valvano (6-1, 203, Western University; December 19, 1995 in St. Catharines, ON) joins the Blue Bombers this season after finishing up his collegiate career in 2021 with the Vanier Cup champion Mustangs.

A two-time Vanier Cup champ, Valvano played five years with the Mustangs as a blocking back while making significant contributions on special teams. In 2021 he also pulled in 12 passes for 124 yards and two touchdowns, while also adding five tackles on defence.

Valvano attended the Canadian Football League's Ontario Combine in 2020, but was not selected in the CFL Draft and returned to play his final year at Western

theaardvark

Quote from: gobombersgo on March 05, 2022, 09:35:02 AM
Blue Bombers add fullback to roster

WINNIPEG, MB., March 4, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed Canadian fullback Antonio Valvano to a two-year contract.

Valvano (6-1, 203, Western University; December 19, 1995 in St. Catharines, ON) joins the Blue Bombers this season after finishing up his collegiate career in 2021 with the Vanier Cup champion Mustangs.

A two-time Vanier Cup champ, Valvano played five years with the Mustangs as a blocking back while making significant contributions on special teams. In 2021 he also pulled in 12 passes for 124 yards and two touchdowns, while also adding five tackles on defence.

Valvano attended the Canadian Football League's Ontario Combine in 2020, but was not selected in the CFL Draft and returned to play his final year at Western

Interesting signing... we've done well with undrafted Nat talent here...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Not sure where this kid fits in. We already have JA27, BO20, and Borsa, and his numbers don't jump out at you. But apparently he has good hands. Are the Bombers thinking WR?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on March 05, 2022, 06:10:59 PM
Not sure where this kid fits in. We already have JA27, BO20, and Borsa, and his numbers don't jump out at you. But apparently he has good hands. Are the Bombers thinking WR?

Seems like just a teamer?

It?s been said before, but you don?t play with a FB anymore, so these guys are signed specifically for ST.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on March 05, 2022, 06:29:27 PM
Seems like just a teamer?

It?s been said before, but you don?t play with a FB anymore, so these guys are signed specifically for ST.

We'll see what he can do in TC. As mentioned I'm also not sure where he'd fit in. With a couple of 2021 draft choices + 2022 draft choices that will be in TC, a few will make the active roster.

I don't see many spots on the 46 man roster but about 6 need to kept on the PR or IR depending on what happens in TC.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

I can't see us keeping our Canadian running backs. So it's probably either Borsa or him on the PR.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on March 05, 2022, 06:52:38 PM
I can't see us keeping our Canadian running backs. So it's probably either Borsa or him on the PR.

NAT FB = short yardage jumbo team, special teams.  Not an RB at all...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.