MBT coming out swinging at the Commissioner

Started by The Zipp, November 17, 2022, 06:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

He. Is lucky to have a job playing football.
His history as a player is basically erratic.
He has really good games and then surprisingly really bad parts in a game.
He is like most CFL Americans., ??.certain great at some skills, but lacking in others.

The administration of the CFL is about putting out fires. Maybe that?s what we all do in life?  Co-vid and poor management in some franchises has hurt attendance. This is what their 109 year?  Must be doing something right.

Jesse

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on November 18, 2022, 04:04:24 AM
Albeit some of what he says is true about not growing and promoting the CFL enough, I found his comments contradictory and to be exactly the type of negativity he was bashing?   His own confrontational actions don't exactly qualify him as an expert on creating goodwill within the CFL.    His inflammatory behaviour wouldn't be tolerated in MOS's world.   One can talk all they want but it's what you do that matters and he isn't setting any kind of example for the CFL.....imho! 

I agree with most of what he is saying. It comes off as negative because the league is failing at large aspects of their jobs.
My wife is amazing!

BLUEBOMBER

He likes and admires the NFL so much, he should go there... oh shucks.. he isn't even qualified to be looked at.

Waffler

He's right about a lot but I question the timing. The week before the cup is the time to pump the league's tires.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

bluebeard

Quote from: Waffler on November 20, 2022, 01:55:16 PM
He's right about a lot but I question the timing. The week before the cup is the time to pump the league's tires.

Hear that MBT is retiring after this game.

dd

He s 100% bang on in what he says. Strange the commissioner hasn?t met the players. We re a small league and you?d think on his league wide tour he?d host a meet and greet players event to get their perspective on things and open things up and unify things between the commissioners office and the players and work towards making the product and league better.

TecnoGenius

The crowd was booing Ambrosie heavily during his pre-game introduction.  He got a big kick/chuckle out of it, check it out.  Dude isn't phased by fan hatred.  Then again, that usually comes with the job of being CFL commish.

FWIW, I didn't boo him, but I did find the booing funny, and the look on his face even funnier.
Never go full Rider!