Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

There seemed to be a lot of players watching the plays...  and it wasn't guys that I expected to see that happen to.  Wheeler and Scheifele on more than one occasion were standing flat footed as the puck went in.  Was very surprising.

And Mason, well... more than once I heard the comentators comment on him being small and out of position.  Not something you can do and expect to win games. 

I'm assuming a bag skate today, and some very tense time in the film room...  hopefully Maurice can fix this quick.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on October 05, 2017, 03:46:30 PM
There seemed to be a lot of players watching the plays...  and it wasn't guys that I expected to see that happen to.  Wheeler and Scheifele on more than one occasion were standing flat footed as the puck went in.  Was very surprising.

And Mason, well... more than once I heard the comentators comment on him being small and out of position.  Not something you can do and expect to win games. 

I'm assuming a bag skate today, and some very tense time in the film room...  hopefully Maurice can fix this quick.

This isn't the '60s. Paul Maurice isn't going to bag skate a bunch of 22-year-old millionaires on practice day one of the season.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on October 05, 2017, 02:25:21 PM
That was the worst sporting event I've attended since the Mike Kelly Banjo Bowl!
Same old crap!
Can't win a face off
Can't kill a penalty
Horrendous defensive breakdowns
Stupid penalties
Sub-par goaltending

Well at least Laine was good.
Myers is not ready to play yet. He was terrible. What the hell was he doing on the first goal?
Enstrom was brutal
Trouba had the worst game he's ever played. Nice rush in the 1st though.
I won't go on, I wasted enough time watching this crap.

Maybe you go to any bomber or jet games. But no joke it did look like crap on TV.

I swear I've read a post exactly like that before from you!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Should have canned Charlie Huddy in the off season...needed a new defensive mindset and playbook.

TrueBlue75

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 05, 2017, 09:25:09 PM
This isn't the '60s. Paul Maurice isn't going to bag skate a bunch of 22-year-old millionaires on practice day one of the season.

And yet that's exactly what he did at practice today.  :D

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on October 06, 2017, 12:56:25 AM
And yet that's exactly what he did at practice today.  :D

Yes - 20 minutes of conditioning work at the start of the year is the EXACT same thing as 'bag skating' the team for losing the opener 7-2.

QuoteThe team looked over video from the loss before taking to the ice for a full 60-minute practice, which finished with 20 minutes of conditioning work.

"That wasn't even close to a bag skate, nobody puked," Maurice said. "(Maybe) if we had spent another 20 minutes at it. Back-to-back practices early in the year, it won't happen later in the year, your conditioning is something you want to maintain and improve on.

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/jets-put-home-opener-behind-them-with-up-tempo-practice-on-thursday/c-291610400

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 06, 2017, 12:36:57 AM
Maybe you go to any bomber or jet games. But no joke it did look like crap on TV.

I swear I've read a post exactly like that before from you!

I went to 4 games last year that were absolute stinkers, but I rank the Leafs game below them for 2 main reasons:
I considered getting rid of my ticket because there was somewhere else I really should have been instead, but kept it because this game was the #1 overall pick in our ticket draft.
I expected to see an improvement from last year but they were plagued by the exact same problems.
Oh well at least they looked good for the first 12 minutes or so, there may be some hope for these guys.
And I don't feel that bad anymore after finding out the defending cup champs got pummeled 10-1!

GOLDMEMBER

Common guys need to nice effort and 2 points

GO JETS GO!!!

In Motion

I don't think Mason is our answer in goal. Too many big rebounds.

I'd also trade Buff. He's so inconsistent.

Btw, how do you like Cassie Campbell giving the colour commentary for the CBC?
I like her. I think she's doing a great job. 

The Zipp

Up 3-1...now down 5-3...#firehuddy

No issues with Cassie Campbell she is easy to listen to...

jets4life

Fire Maurice, Huddy, and Flaherty.  It's no coincidence that all of our goaltenders have become worse over time, or not as good on the Jets.  Why on earth did they give Maurice that extension?

Jockitch

Cassie C. was so correct when she mentioned how Buff went for a skate & showed no hustle to get back .......... Flames scored on the play.

No other player, on the jets , could ever get away with what Buff does in relation to playing out of position & coasting a lot.
He is a monster hitter, aggressive goal seeker, supposedly a funny guy in the locker room ....... but we see to many C'mon Man incidents
PM needs to rein this guy in or play him as a forward or ......... Chevy should trade him (course I've said that for a couple of years).

Just 80 games left & I can't wait for the turn around.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

GOLDMEMBER

I agree trade Buff the heck out of here! He stinks and seems to care about fishing more than playing a strong game within a system.

I here the Rangers or the Hawks good be great destinations! Get a good return.
Colorado want him? Duchene lOL

blue_gold_84

I'm amazed at how quickly this fanbase has already turned on/written off Mason. Watch the team play in front of him: it's the same old piss poor garbage. That's on the coaches.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 09, 2017, 07:06:25 PM
I'm amazed at how quickly this fanbase has already turned on/written off Mason. Watch the team play in front of him: it's the same old piss poor garbage. That's on the coaches.

#firehuddy
#fireflaherty

If the jets can't figure out how to play defense the pressure on the team will cause them to implode.