Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_or_die

Right, so this is definitely awesome. Now we don't have to worry about him for years, and we won't have the fanbase and media holding him ridiculous expectations at that salary.
#Ride?

theaardvark

OK,

7 yrs / $42 million...

anyone want to photoshop this?




or am I too old?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 04, 2017, 05:49:11 PM
Ehlers doesn't wear #42. He wears #27. ???

He must mean we will call him #42 from now on, on account of his contract or something!
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on October 04, 2017, 06:46:24 PM
He must mean we will call him #42 from now on, on account of his contract or something!

#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on October 04, 2017, 04:25:45 PM
OK,

7 yrs / $42 million...

anyone want to photoshop this?



I'm not old to know how that show was but I certainly heard and it's a cool reference.

Nicky LOCKED UP softer cap hit BEAUTY

His buddy Liane will like to see this happen!!!

or am I too old?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 04, 2017, 05:49:11 PM
Ehlers doesn't wear #42. He wears #27. ???

Sorry... was having a brain cramp on his number, and did a Yahoo image search... this was the first pic that came up, and my addled brain locked on it...



No idea where or why that photo came from, I wish I could figure out how to replace Yahoo search with Google as the default on my Firefox...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TrueBlue75

Well that was a brutal start to the season.... Leafs suck!

GOLDMEMBER

They look like the BB in the Tim Burke era.
PauMau didn't adjust
Not enough big saves Masson was unimpressive
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

On pace of 0-82, 0 points.... its a little early to suggest we tank, and the sad thing is, we'd still lose the lottery pick for first overall...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

The Zipp

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on October 05, 2017, 01:56:50 AM
Well that was a brutal start to the season.... Leafs suck!

Only thing worse than losing to the leafs is when you are actually in Toronto and your team loses to the Leafs - especially loses so badly....

gbill2004

That extension for Maurice is looking worse every day.  What other coaches would be available in-season for when he is fired? 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on October 04, 2017, 11:01:30 PM
Sorry... was having a brain cramp on his number, and did a Yahoo image search... this was the first pic that came up, and my addled brain locked on it...



No idea where or why that photo came from, I wish I could figure out how to replace Yahoo search with Google as the default on my Firefox...


That was from pre-season three years ago, IIRC. He did wear it briefly but as soon as he got on with the big club, he took #27 (worn by Tangradi beforehand).

Quote from: gbill2004 on October 05, 2017, 01:28:34 PM
That extension for Maurice is looking worse every day.  What other coaches would be available in-season for when he is fired? 

Yeah, it's put the team in a bad spot. Maurice has done nothing to deserve it, anyway.

My dream scenario: the Capitals fire Trotz when they choke in the playoffs again, and the Jets get him. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

That was the worst sporting event I've attended since the Mike Kelly Banjo Bowl!
Same old crap!
Can't win a face off
Can't kill a penalty
Horrendous defensive breakdowns
Stupid penalties
Sub-par goaltending

Well at least Laine was good.
Myers is not ready to play yet. He was terrible. What the hell was he doing on the first goal?
Enstrom was brutal
Trouba had the worst game he's ever played. Nice rush in the 1st though.
I won't go on, I wasted enough time watching this crap.

blue_gold_84

Yeah, we bailed when Toronto went up 5-0. That was easily the worst Jets game I've ever attended.

And Leafs fans are the worst. >:(
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.