Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

With the 2017/2018 hockey season around the corner here is the new thread for discussions relative to the current season.  The 2016/2017 thread has been "un-stickied" but still available below.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

jets4life

It will be interesting who makes the roster, and who stays with the Moose.

Players that signed with the Jets (Non-Roster):

Kyle Connor- excellent chance he will make the top 9 or even top 6 forwards.  A lock for the roster.
Jack Roslovic- led AHL Moose last year.  May be a call up during the season if there are injuries or sub-par performances by 4th line
Brendan Lemieux- Jets are big on him not sure why.  He is undisciplined, and has not really lived up to expectations
Jansen Harkins-
Michael Spacek
Mason Appleton
Chase De Leo
JC Lipon
Buddy Robinson
James Lodge
Tucker Poolman- good chance he is a bottom 6 defender
Sami Niku- looking great.  Slim chance he makes the lineup, but better chance he is a call up later in the year
Nelson Nogier- possible call up
Julian Melciori- possible call up
Logan Stanley
Jan Kostalek
Cameron Schilling
Eric Comrie
Jamie Phillips

buckzumhoff

New_Earth_Mud

No idea how they will do this year.

I do know they have skill and overall talent. Do they match up?   Going to be fun to see.

We should be ok and make the playoffs

Go Jets Go

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Jockitch

A lot of stars on the ice tonight ....... so let's hope they match the nine goals by Vegas.

Hopefully the after game summations on Poolman & Connor are encouraging & of course HellB.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/game-day-jets-host-wild-in-pre-season-opener/c-291128014

Tonight's Lineup

Forwards: Patrik Laine, Mathieu Perreault, Kyle Connor, Brendan Lemieux, Mark Scheifele, Bryan Little, Adam Lowry, Mike Sgarbossa, Blake Wheeler, Nikolaj Ehlers, Joel Armia and Marko Dano

Defence: Logan Stanley, Dustin Byfuglien, Toby Enstrom, Tucker Poolman, Ben Chiarot and Nelson Nogier

Connor Hellebuyck will start in goal and Eric Comrie will back up.

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Sir Blue and Gold

With that lineup, I predict a 14-13 final score.

BomberPride

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 18, 2017, 04:46:39 PM
With that lineup, I predict a 14-13 final score.

Close lol 3-2 loss in a shoot out. God, I hate shoot outs...

First two periods definitely looked like a pre-season game. 3rd looked better.

Lemieux is definitely a physical player, threw his body around everywhere; I forget how fast Blake Wheeler is sometimes; Ehlers can still dance pretty well with the puck; Laine got his obligatory snipe from the top of the face off circle to tie it up and threw a nice check, sticking up for Sheif's after he got rocked.

Helly was decent, but Wild's Michaluk (sp?) was better. Jets threw everything at him in the 3rd. Possession seemed to favour us, so Helly wasn't tested as much. Really looking forward to seeing Mason.

The new slashing penalty is going to take a game or two to get used to it. Pretty sure that's what made up a majority of the PP's for the Jets.
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

blue_or_die

Quote from: BomberPride on September 19, 2017, 12:40:29 PM
Close lol 3-2 loss in a shoot out. God, I hate shoot outs...

First two periods definitely looked like a pre-season game. 3rd looked better.

Lemieux is definitely a physical player, threw his body around everywhere; I forget how fast Blake Wheeler is sometimes; Ehlers can still dance pretty well with the puck; Laine got his obligatory snipe from the top of the face off circle to tie it up and threw a nice check, sticking up for Sheif's after he got rocked.

Helly was decent, but Wild's Michaluk (sp?) was better. Jets threw everything at him in the 3rd. Possession seemed to favour us, so Helly wasn't tested as much. Really looking forward to seeing Mason.

The new slashing penalty is going to take a game or two to get used to it. Pretty sure that's what made up a majority of the PP's for the Jets.

Agree with everything here. Also, was there 100 or 200 penalties?

Lots of rust, but it was certainly on both sides.

Thought the renos were really sharp. I hadn't been to the arena in almost on 3 years
#Ride?

Colton

Hellebuyck spent 16:02 on the PP and 11:27 shorthanded, for a total of 27 minutes 29 seconds of icetime with one team on the PP

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 18, 2017, 04:46:39 PM
With that lineup, I predict a 14-13 final score in penalties taken by both teams.

;)

Pretty typical pre-season game. The upgrades to the arena* are excellent, so that was nice to see. BellMTS Place is a terribly lame name, though. Maybe gotta start calling it The Hangar...? ???

Lemieux going to toe to toe with Foligno was probably the highlight of the night. Laine's goal was pretty nasty.

* (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-jets-true-north-mts-bell-place-renovations-1.4295870)
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

It's going to be a long season if the reffing is this strict/bad. Felt player's have been using their stick to tap/slash much less over the years but now the league wants
even more to be "cleaned" up ......... get the players to wear the former length gloves & we'd have less ow'eeees &      ah whats the use ...... spilt milk.

Caught a session of non lineup yesterday & both sessions today at the IcePlex.  Noon, extreme high tempo, was the Jets team plus Stanley, Poolman, Connor
Finally saw Mason, who was okay.    Our squad is sooooooo fast & skilled compared to the younger mix of players
Myers, both days, looks so ready & Kulikov is very disciplined defensively, & Hendricks has a lot of fun out there while playing a smart game.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 19, 2017, 04:26:42 PM
;)

Pretty typical pre-season game. The upgrades to the arena* are excellent, so that was nice to see. BellMTS Place is a terribly lame name, though. Maybe gotta start calling it The Hangar...? ???

Lemieux going to toe to toe with Foligno was probably the highlight of the night. Laine's goal was pretty nasty.

* (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-jets-true-north-mts-bell-place-renovations-1.4295870)
I enjoyed seeing Laine beasting the Wild player who hit Scheifele to the ground.