Why a running QB gets more protection than a RB

Started by TecnoGenius, July 07, 2024, 07:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBURGESS

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 11, 2024, 04:07:15 AMTrying to muster them up now.  Here's the first one in the CGY@MTL game 1Q7:28.  Really egregious and nasty, dude was laying prone for quite a while.  No flag, and command had plenty of time to step in because another CGY player earlier in the tackle got injured causing an injury timeout.  But they didn't, because WR and RBs do not get any head protection like QBs do.

Good example. Should be a penalty IMO.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 11, 2024, 10:06:18 PMCFL fines announced today, both Kramdi and Tobias Harris fined.

"Kiondré Smith was punished for violating the CFL Code of Conduct by simulating the firing of a weapon during a touchdown celebration"

Holy smokes!  Does the CFL not see how often in 2023 and 2024 players do the gun-firing sign after every decent play?!  I'd say it's 20% of good plays end with a gun-firing sign (even our players sometimes).  I noted it last year how the refs seem to ignore it now.  I haven't seen an OC for gun-firing since like 2021.

I can find you probably a dozen examples from the last 2 CFL weeks alone.

Punishing Smith is stupid, as that's the epitome of inconsistent.  Is it that they want to just punish obvious ones in TD situations?  Ya, well why didn't the refs call it in-game then?
Never go full Rider!