The good, the bad, the ugly - Ott at Wpg, Jul 5, 2024

Started by Cool Spot, July 06, 2024, 03:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

Quote from: BBRT on July 08, 2024, 11:34:16 PMUnder no circumstances would I ever crave a Saskie Pilsner. I have a ton of clients in Saskatchewan and while my trips are always great trips they all insist that we have a cold beverage from time to time and the Pilsner breaks out.

Now I am use to pretty bad beer (not sure anyone remembers black label and not sure it is still around) but I rank Pilsner up there with Black Label.
"Hey Mabel, Black Label!"
Go Bombers!

gordo

Quote from: blue_or_die on July 08, 2024, 03:28:34 PMI have a few very important points to add to this thread:

- there are 2+ IPAs you can find at PAS: Arrow by TCB, found in the "Locally Grown" concessions (there are at least two in the lower bowl; one on the east side and one on the south end zone, as well as one on the upper decks (at least on the west side as that's where my seats are). The other would be one from the macro kiosks that sell non-Coors beer, usually from BC or AB. These are expensive and not very good IMO. I recommend having the local stuff

- "Pilsner" is NOT the same as "pilsner". The capitalized version is the brand name of the crap that comes from Suckscrapchewan and it would fail on the profile of what an actual (lower case p) pils is defined as. A lower case pilsner is a style, not a brand, and when done right, is fresh, crisp and refreshing on a hot summer day. TCB makes a Bomber themed pils which they also sell at the Locally Grown concessions. Buy that and support local.

- if you find yourself craving a Saskie Pilsner but are short on cash, they let you take an empty cup into the stadium. Simply take your cup and scoop up the liquid content in one of the men's urinal. Cheaper, closer to a true Pilsner, and I imagine tastier (you tell me). Also, possibly higher ABV. Support local.

Go Bombers!
HaHa Great post! 

And thanks for assisting me in my quest for an IPA.  Next game I will search out the "Locally Grown" concessions to get Arrow by TCB.  Weird but I don't recall seeing one of those in my many jaunts around PAS. We are in the East Side Upper Deck but I do get down to the lower bowl.

Totally agree on your view of Pilsner.  One suggestion though.  Rather than bringing a cup, a straw would suffice.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on July 08, 2024, 03:28:34 PM- if you find yourself craving a Saskie Pilsner but are short on cash, they let you take an empty cup into the stadium. Simply take your cup and scoop up the liquid content in one of the men's urinal. Cheaper, closer to a true Pilsner, and I imagine tastier (you tell me). Also, possibly higher ABV. Support local.

Don't forget to spit out the puck!
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

So, the old "wishbone" alignment.

Maybe even throw in a direct snap to Strevie or BO

Early in the game, you should be able to spot who they are keying on.  That's what "adjustments" are for.  If they key on one, start confusing them with other options.

I still love the 2nd and shot Streveler one step to the line, then fade back and toss...  mix that in with the one step into the line, fade back a step, and then take off up the middle.. I think CS17 brings a lot to the O when used properly, on SY and in 2 QB sets.

But none of these ones like Hamilton ran with Mitchell out in the flat.  That's dumb.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

squonk

Can't believe nobody mentioned...

GOOD: Relaxed security!

The Zipp

Quote from: squonk on July 09, 2024, 05:10:24 PMCan't believe nobody mentioned...

GOOD: Relaxed security!

the walk through detectors were nice...

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: The Zipp on July 09, 2024, 05:30:58 PMthe walk through detectors were nice...

I was wondering what happened to PJ, he probably set the detectors off one too many times and they banned him from the stadium.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 09, 2024, 08:57:10 PMI was wondering what happened to PJ, he probably set the detectors off one too many times and they banned him from the stadium.

Got banned and changed his name to blueforlife, lol.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on July 09, 2024, 09:31:05 PMGot banned and changed his name to blueforlife, lol.
LMAO I was thinking the same thing. Just more well behaved this time? :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on July 09, 2024, 05:30:58 PMthe walk through detectors were nice...

There's walk-thru detectors??  I only ever go in the tailgate entrances... so I have no clue what goes on at the "real" gates.  The staff at one gate know me & the kid by now and never give us any grief.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

GOOD

4Q13:59 Black announces that Lu says that Brady might not return to the game.  That's exactly what I was asking for a week or 2 back.  So rarely do the TSN sideline people do anything useful regarding in-game injuries.  Maybe Lu heard our complaints?

Of course, it turned out wrong (-ish... he did say "not likely"), as Brady came back a few mins later, but at least Lu was doing his job and trying!

UGLY

4Q5:38 Right after the Clercius fight, Dobson lifts his foot up and shows the sidline how his cleat completely disintegrated and his sock is hanging out!  The he hobbles off.  Never seen that before!  Hilarious!
Never go full Rider!