Winnipeg @ Hamilton Pregame Discussion

Started by Pigskin, September 28, 2024, 07:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

This game will be no walk in the park. Hamilton is playing well right and are looking for a playoff spot. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Agreed BLM is suddenly good again. DBs will be tested. Willie and DL need to get in Howdie Doodie's face early.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 28, 2024, 08:44:52 PMAgreed BLM is suddenly good again. DBs will be tested. Willie and DL need to get in Howdie Doodie's face early.

Howdy Doody? Did former Eskimos WR Brian Kelly come out of retirement at 65 years old?! He's the only CFL player I recall being called Howdy Doody! :D Bo Levi is not even close in resemblance.

Blueforlife

Good Bo and it's a barn burner of a game (high scoring), bad Bo and we burn their barn down

dd

This game shouldn't even be close but stranger things have happened before

TecnoGenius

HAM @ Tim Hortons used to be a tougher environment... those usually reliable fans have really been staying at home for most of this season of bad early suckage.

HAM is a very strange beast this season and it's hard to figure them out.  I'll leave it to Buck/Younger to figure them out in the next few days.
Never go full Rider!

bwiser

Quote from: Pigskin on September 28, 2024, 07:04:54 PMThis game will be no walk in the park. Hamilton is playing well right and are looking for a playoff spot. 
Thats what we were saying about the Elks before the Bombers brought them back to earth.

Jesse

In a way, we're tailor made for BLM these days as we're not getting too much pressure and he needs that time to pick apart a D.

But he's also a bit of a chucker and our DBs might have a hey day if he's not allowed to sit back for too long.

All comes down to the Offence and if they can have half the performance they just did against the Elks.
My wife is amazing!

John T.

It pains me to say that if all of their remaining games, this is the "trap" game, the one the Bombers are most likely to lose, and when we say it shouldn't be close, we're right, but not in the way we think.

For several years in a row now, when the Bombers have been dominating, they have consistently lost in Hamilton, every year, and looked bad doing it. I was at the game in Hamilton two years ago, and although it was a great time, it was as bad as the Bombers got that season. I don't know what it is, but Hamilton brings out their worst.

I hope I'm wrong this year.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jesse on September 29, 2024, 01:56:36 PMIn a way, we're tailor made for BLM these days as we're not getting too much pressure and he needs that time to pick apart a D.

But he's also a bit of a chucker and our DBs might have a hey day if he's not allowed to sit back for too long.

All comes down to the Offence and if they can have half the performance they just did against the Elks.

Playing Bo is a bit like playing Collaros. Not super mobile. Likes the deeper passing game. The key will be to bring some creative pressures to move him off the spot and otherwise drop 9, try to win with three to get off the field sometimes, and get a few good shots on him. Oh yeah, and don't let Tim White go crazy.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: John T. on September 29, 2024, 02:00:03 PMIt pains me to say that if all of their remaining games, this is the "trap" game, the one the Bombers are most likely to lose, and when we say it shouldn't be close, we're right, but not in the way we think.

For several years in a row now, when the Bombers have been dominating, they have consistently lost in Hamilton, every year, and looked bad doing it. I was at the game in Hamilton two years ago, and although it was a great time, it was as bad as the Bombers got that season. I don't know what it is, but Hamilton brings out their worst.

I hope I'm wrong this year.

My exact worry, recent seasons trips to Hamilton have produced inexplicable results for the Bombers even when dominating the league standings.  Easy to see them coming out flat and laying an egg coming off their best performance of the season.

As for BLM's recent return to past form, after listening to Joe Rogan preach the other night, no evidence but I have to believe he may have undergone stem cell therapy to repair damaged tissue, with remarkable results.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 29, 2024, 03:48:03 PMMy exact worry, recent seasons trips to Hamilton have produced inexplicable results for the Bombers even when dominating the league standings.  Easy to see them coming out flat and laying an egg coming off their best performance of the season.

As for BLM's recent return to past form, after listening to Joe Rogan preach the other night, no evidence but I have to believe he may have undergone stem cell therapy to repair damaged tissue, with remarkable results.

Not this time. Bombers know how important their last 3 games are in securing 1st place. Tight race. We'll bring our own " hammer " to the hammer to pound in several nails. :)
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Glad BLM has found his mojo again and regained his respect and dignity and cooled talks of Powell starting over him.

I hear what other posters are saying--we've laid our share of eggs in Hamilton in the past seasons, but I don't see it happening here, Bombers are trending in the right direction, whereas Montreal and BC are struggling. BC is a mess, they are struggling paying a high priced Qb to sit there and watch another high priced Qb lose games for them

The Zipp

I am glad Hamilton won this week...more prooof that the Bombers can't go in there are sleepwalk to victory...they played terrible when Hamilton was here last. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: The Zipp on September 30, 2024, 04:20:51 PMI am glad Hamilton won this week...more prooof that the Bombers can't go in there are sleepwalk to victory...they played terrible when Hamilton was here last. 

They seem to play terrible in hamilton on a yearly basis as well.