Winnipeg @ Hamilton Pregame Discussion

Started by Pigskin, September 28, 2024, 07:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ichabod_crane

Quote from: John T. on September 29, 2024, 02:00:03 PMIt pains me to say that if all of their remaining games, this is the "trap" game, the one the Bombers are most likely to lose, and when we say it shouldn't be close, we're right, but not in the way we think.

For several years in a row now, when the Bombers have been dominating, they have consistently lost in Hamilton, every year, and looked bad doing it. I was at the game in Hamilton two years ago, and although it was a great time, it was as bad as the Bombers got that season. I don't know what it is, but Hamilton brings out their worst.

I hope I'm wrong this year.

Have you ever been to Hamilton? For the most part it's a dump! Lots of derelict areas of old steel plants. Not exactly a tourist spot unless you use it to go to Niagara Falls or the Big Smoke/Hogtown! ;) They may have cleaned up the waterfront now though so that might be worthwhile to see.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: dd on September 29, 2024, 05:16:40 PMGlad BLM has found his mojo again and regained his respect and dignity and cooled talks of Powell starting over him.

Hate to bring this quote up.... "They know who we are!"! :D Some people on here like sour grapes. Get over it! ;)  Still don't see this being denigrating to the Bombers....maybe it jacked them up to finally beat the Stamps in that 2019 playoff game....just a player confident in his team....Maybe a bit cocky, but whatever. Anyone remember early 1980 Edmonton Oilers with Messier and Anderson.....EXTREMELY COCKY! I actually HATED them as it was over the top. Way beyond what Bo was. Kings and Islanders gave them a few shakedowns in early playoff rungs before they learnt what being real professionals was about. Even Gretzky was a bit cocky in those years and always crying for a penalty! ;) After they got their clocks cleaned in a few playoff series in the early 1980's did I pull for them as a Canadian team. Also the years when Jets had futile success against them!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 01, 2024, 04:17:19 PMStill though. The connection is a bit of a stretch. Maybe they'll stomp extra hard on the turf to really show that field who's boss?

Stomp that turf!  Darn hammy turf!

Were you at the 2 GC losses?  I was.  It hurts man.  And you don't like the place you were in when it happened.  Again, it's not just me, BB pressers had players talking about this feeling going back to Mosaic last year.  I bet some players feel that way this week... maybe they'll talk about it in pressers or on TSN.

Going back and kickin' butt might help finally shed that feeling so they can be a tabula rasa for this year's GC.  And if you think the Bombers don't still sting from the last loss, MOS just mentioned it again in (I think) last week's post-game.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on October 02, 2024, 12:31:29 AMHave you ever been to Hamilton? For the most part it's a dump! Lots of derelict areas of old steel plants.

I did a LOT of walking around downtown HAM where all the GC festival stuff was last year and it was pretty nice and clean and quaint.  Reminded me of EDM with tons of blocks of low-rise or single story shops & restaurants.

I had a great time in HAM and would happily return there for another game should the need arise.
Never go full Rider!

dd

Quote from: ichabod_crane on October 02, 2024, 12:39:08 AMHate to bring this quote up.... "They know who we are!"! :D Some people on here like sour grapes. Get over it! ;)  Still don't see this being denigrating to the Bombers....maybe it jacked them up to finally beat the Stamps in that 2019 playoff game....just a player confident in his team....Maybe a bit cocky, but whatever. Anyone remember early 1980 Edmonton Oilers with Messier and Anderson.....EXTREMELY COCKY! I actually HATED them as it was over the top. Way beyond what Bo was. Kings and Islanders gave them a few shakedowns in early playoff rungs before they learnt what being real professionals was about. Even Gretzky was a bit cocky in those years and always crying for a penalty! ;) After they got their clocks cleaned in a few playoff series in the early 1980's did I pull for them as a Canadian team. Also the years when Jets had futile success against them!
Ya, that was a young and very cocky BLM....injuries and age have given him maturity to be more humble now. I too massively hated the young BLM, but like the more mature and respectful version. That said, we'd better hammer them in the Hammer this weekend!!

DM83

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 02, 2024, 12:16:06 AMSome of those not practising might just be slight nicks and rest. We'll see how that goes. Whitehead hasn't practised for a few weeks and still plays.

Not sure what the status of Haba and Adams will turn out to be? Have to see if they get any reps tomorrow. It's a short practice week.

Wallace and Feltmate at " full " so we might see them return. I like the idea of a 7th OL.
Haba and Adams hopefully are ok, don't need them nicked late.  Agree on 7th OL.  Will be nice to health on OL and FB.