Winnipeg @ Hamilton Pregame Discussion

Started by Pigskin, September 28, 2024, 07:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

So, we get EDM who had won 5 of 6, now we get HAM, who have won their last 4... 

I've heard of teams being slump busters, but can we be the rush busters?  Keep throwing the hottest teams at us, and we mow them down?

Yes, a little cocky, but the team is clicking on all cylinders, and we still have 10 on the 6 game, half of them starters.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

55StickCar

Win this and a Sask loss and I believe we end up first in the West.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: 55StickCar on October 01, 2024, 03:01:44 AMWin this and a Sask loss and I believe we end of first in the West.

Win 1 and BC can't touch us.
Win 2 and no one can touch us.

If we lose vs HAM and SSK/BC win, then the math changes slightly.

So let's all root for CGY (vomit!) and EDM!!  Go Treestumps and Quadrupeds!

If we win vs HAM it will also give CGY/EDM hope in their games, which come after ours, because keeping HAM down keeps alive the W->E crossover!

1 & 0!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Hey, have we played in HAM since the GC loss?  I don't think so?

One would think our guys who were there for that will want to take out some anger on that field.  Bag some catharsis!  (Or maybe that's just my feelings/desire?? LOL)
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 01, 2024, 09:02:05 AMHey, have we played in HAM since the GC loss?  I don't think so?

One would think our guys who were there for that will want to take out some anger on that field.  Bag some catharsis!  (Or maybe that's just my feelings/desire?? LOL)

I don't understand this comment, techno. Have we played Ham since losing in the GC to Montreal?

Where's the catharsis?
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on October 01, 2024, 10:44:15 AMI don't understand this comment, techno. Have we played Ham since losing in the GC to Montreal?

Where's the catharsis?

Yes.  Even though it's not vs MTL, you can still have emotions stepping back on that particular field.  I remember some of the guys talking about that in pressers last year when going back to Mosaic for the first time after losing to TOR in GC @SSK.

I was at the '23 GC, and I would feel a bit weird going into that stadium if I followed them there for this game.  Going in there and dominating on that field would be cathartic for me, even though it's the wrong team.... probably more so than clobbering (the "real team") MTL in the final game of the reg season!

(And I just have this strange feeling it'll be WPGvTOR in the GC this year...)
Never go full Rider!

55StickCar

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 01, 2024, 09:00:33 AMWin 1 and BC can't touch us.
Win 2 and no one can touch us.

If we lose vs HAM and SSK/BC win, then the math changes slightly.

So let's all root for CGY (vomit!) and EDM!!  Go Treestumps and Quadrupeds!

If we win vs HAM it will also give CGY/EDM hope in their games, which come after ours, because keeping HAM down keeps alive the W->E crossover!

1 & 0!
Is it not true that if we win we go to 10-6. Saskatchewan loses they go to 7-8-1. With 2 games left they would only be able to get 19 points.

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 01, 2024, 10:59:54 AMYes.  Even though it's not vs MTL, you can still have emotions stepping back on that particular field.  I remember some of the guys talking about that in pressers last year when going back to Mosaic for the first time after losing to TOR in GC @SSK.

I was at the '23 GC, and I would feel a bit weird going into that stadium if I followed them there for this game.  Going in there and dominating on that field would be cathartic for me, even though it's the wrong team.... probably more so than clobbering (the "real team") MTL in the final game of the reg season!

(And I just have this strange feeling it'll be WPGvTOR in the GC this year...)

Because the game is IN Hamilton.

Now I get it. Went right over my head.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jesse on October 01, 2024, 02:26:35 PMBecause the game is IN Hamilton.

Now I get it. Went right over my head.

Still though. The connection is a bit of a stretch. Maybe they'll stomp extra hard on the turf to really show that field who's boss?

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 01, 2024, 04:17:19 PMStill though. The connection is a bit of a stretch. Maybe they'll stomp extra hard on the turf to really show that field who's boss?

Yeah, I don't agree with it. But I just didn't realize the connection he was trying to make.

I had forgotten the GC was in Hammy.
My wife is amazing!

J5V

Quote from: 55StickCar on October 01, 2024, 01:18:27 PMIs it not true that if we win we go to 10-6. Saskatchewan loses they go to 7-8-1. With 2 games left they would only be able to get 19 points.
That is correct.
Go Bombers!

Blueforlife

Sir Blue and Gold

Wallace back is good news. Lucky has been on the report for the last three or four weeks. Adams and Haba are new but with three games to go we've got three guys not practicing that's pretty darn good. It's not like the 6-game is overflowing.

Blueforlife

Blue In BC

Some of those not practising might just be slight nicks and rest. We'll see how that goes. Whitehead hasn't practised for a few weeks and still plays.

Not sure what the status of Haba and Adams will turn out to be? Have to see if they get any reps tomorrow. It's a short practice week.

Wallace and Feltmate at " full " so we might see them return. I like the idea of a 7th OL.
2019 Grey Cup Champions