Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2021/2022 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 21, 2021, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Terrible performance last night. It's the Canucks with there 4th. string goalie.

6 straight loses. Worst losing streak this year.

Very hard to watch.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

buckzumhoff

Not blaming losing to the Canucks because the whole team did not play well. But hellebuyck is 29 th in the league for save percentage. But be did not play that good this game either. He shouldn't be playing as much and the coach should sit him let him play half the games .

Pigskin

2 pm  start today for the Jets. Don't know how much I will watch, as the fishing was excellent this morning. However I guess I could bring the lap top down to the shack. 

Pigskin

Quote from: buckzumhoff on January 29, 2022, 01:42:23 PM
Not blaming losing to the Canucks because the whole team did not play well. But hellebuyck is 29 th in the league for save percentage. But be did not play that good this game either. He shouldn't be playing as much and the coach should sit him let him play half the games .

I agree Helli need a a break. But playing only 1/2 the games. Just not enough for a starting goalie.

Pigskin

Not a bad 1st. period.

Young D solid so far.

Nice win for the Jets, they needed that one.

Comrie played well.

PloenFan

The young defencemen, Heinola, Chisholm, and Kovacevic, played well, the team seemed to be skating, and Comrie had an outstanding game.

Pigskin

6 pm early start tonight. This a team the Jets should beat.

Jockitch

Definitely agree on how well Comrie & the youngsters on defense played  ........ now Morrisey & HellB are back in the lineup tonight
........ we need a solid effort and as the Flyers are reeling down the middle, due to injuries, it's time for the Jets to dominate & go home victorious.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Well the PK was pretty good tonight.

Flyers first goal, the Flyers should have had a penalty. Hooking, tripping, interference, pick one.

blue_gold_84

Crummy end to a pretty meh game. I just don't see this team having the horses to battle for a playoff spot.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Flyers were short players, and we were still down some key guys... so it should have been a good game, and it was until one errant pass.

Fans in the building were definitely a plus for Philly, you can bet that subconsciously the lack of fans in our barn of late is not helping the psyche of our team.

CH37 trade rumours to Edm aren't helping, neither did the team playing lights out in front of Comrie but not CH37.  If we can swing a trade to get MAF here, I might give up on our consistent Vezina trophy contender tender.  And bring Berndin up to season for next year...  I know this is going to get totally trashed, but something needs to change... Its either moving MS55 / BW26 (or both) or CH37... need to really shake up things.

Or get your new coach behind the bench.  Lowry needs to get a twitter handle like his son...  @ALowsyPlayer17...  maybe @DLowsyCoach22
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on February 02, 2022, 04:31:04 PM
Flyers were short players, and we were still down some key guys... so it should have been a good game, and it was until one errant pass.

Fans in the building were definitely a plus for Philly, you can bet that subconsciously the lack of fans in our barn of late is not helping the psyche of our team.

CH37 trade rumours to Edm aren't helping, neither did the team playing lights out in front of Comrie but not CH37.  If we can swing a trade to get MAF here, I might give up on our consistent Vezina trophy contender tender.  And bring Berndin up to season for next year...  I know this is going to get totally trashed, but something needs to change... Its either moving MS55 / BW26 (or both) or CH37... need to really shake up things.

Or get your new coach behind the bench.  Lowry needs to get a twitter handle like his son...  @ALowsyPlayer17...  maybe @DLowsyCoach22

Reading some dumb oiler fan on twitter wanting Helle is not a trade rumour.

No team trades a vezina winner in their prime.
My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

aards needs to also give up on his "trade Scheifele" campaign.
#Ride?

theaardvark

Well, whatever they are doing, its not working.  MS55 and BW26 just seem to miss PauMo... maybe a change of scenery is what they need.  Or a change of coach, Lowry doesn't seem to be changing the dynamic all that much... 

And sure, you never trade a Vezina goaler in his prime.  Especially when you don't have a proven backup.  But CH37's play with the puck, fat rebounds and flat out beats have been very un-Vezina like, and unless he gets his Mojo back, he's not going to either help the team win or get Vezina votes (he's already missed that conversation for 21-22)   So, is he in his prime still?  I'd take a MAF right now, I think he'd fit better...

When pundits talk about the team "playing for Comrie", it makes you wonder about the other side... are they not playing for CH37?  And is he feeling "out on an island"?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.