2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics thread

Started by The Zipp, January 11, 2018, 04:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nic16

Quote from: Colton on February 22, 2018, 06:04:22 PM
It didn't seemed like it to me. Canada iced what seemed like 9 players for 95% of a 20 minute 4on4 OT. I think if they juggled the lines a bit they would have seen a better outcome, or at least would have stood a chance at ending it before the shootout.

If it was 5 on 5, then sure use your bench.

4 on 4 on big ice changes the game completely. TC had more Hendricks & Lowry types than Ehlers & Connor types.

In championship games I wish they would stick to 5v5 for OT.

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on February 22, 2018, 12:44:28 PM
another "ouch"...no gold for the men's curling team - playing for bronze...I guess the competition is getting better.

Aaaaand no medal in curling for Koe...team Canada men?s hockey is in tough right now against the Germans 3-1 in the second.  Still lots of time for a comeback!

The Zipp

Wow. Brutal cheap head hit by Brule - he is tossed from the game and this might be it for our gold medal chance...4-1 and I need to get to work.

gbill2004

Not looking good for men's hockey right now...

BomberPride

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

gbill2004

4 goals on 11 shots for Germany.  Yikes  :o

blue_or_die

#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 23, 2018, 12:56:29 PM
Hobo hockey team indeed.

Yeah, it's pretty lousy. Team Canada playing with little to no urgency and way too many lazy or effortless plays.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on February 23, 2018, 01:14:36 PM
It?s a one goal game ???

Go CANADA Go!!

Got crazy (I'm listening with one earpiece while "working")!!

Let's beat this absolute powerhouse German hockey team, lol!
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

And the Canuck Misfits are out. I don't think anyone beats OARussia, FWIW.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

No gold or silver for Canadian men's hockey #thanksbettman

Just weren't able to play disciplined against one of the greatest hockey nations in the world, Deutschland.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Anyone who wants to blame Bettman should also blame the NHL Board of Governors as well as the IOC. Plenty of fault to go around.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

The scrap heap failed. They played like they were a scrap heap. Shotty goaltending, undisciplined play, clearly short on skill across the board. I think the Moose could beat those guys!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 23, 2018, 01:38:36 PM
Anyone who wants to blame Bettman should also blame the NHL Board of Governors as well as the IOC. Plenty of fault to go around.

Sure, blame them too. FWIW, I consider the owners "Bettman" because he represents their interests entirely.

What did the IOC have to do with it, though? Did they interfere? I'm actually asking, I did not know that was the case.
#Ride?