Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluengold204

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 27, 2018, 04:40:11 PM
I agree except for the bolded part. I'd put the Bolts in the powerhouse category with the Penguins not far behind (back-to-back championships runs go a long way for experience) and the Capitals behind them (for obvious reasons related to consistent choking to the Penguins). The Bruins looks pretty mortal outside of their top line and didn't look all that hot down the stretch in the first round. They'll have their hands full against a deep, skilled, and fast Lightning team and could be in for some trouble if they look anything similar to the opening round vs. a pretty unbalanced Leafs team. Presently, I'd say they're the weakest team in the East.

As for the West, if the Jets can move on to the WCF, anything is possible. But I don't think it'd be prudent to label them Stanley Cup favourites if they have to face the Knights, who absolutely put the boots to the Sharks last night. The only plus for the Jets in a WPG-VGK series is the Jets would have home ice advantage.

Agreed Tampa scares me more than anyone else in the east

bluengold204

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 27, 2018, 04:41:21 PM
Laine is practicing this morning.  Chiarot and Enstrom are both in, so looks like Morrow is out tonight.  Perreault is practicing with a non-contact jersey. 

Gross, Enstrom's the worst...

gbill2004

Quote from: bluengold204 on April 27, 2018, 06:14:30 PM
Gross, Enstrom's the worst...
If I was the Jets head coach, I would have left the defence as is.  But unfortunately I took the wrong career path at an early age, and I'm not the Jets head coach. 

ModAdmin

Big away win for the Jets.  Home ice advantage against the #1 team in the league is not a bad option.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: ModAdmin on April 28, 2018, 02:44:43 AM
Big away win for the Jets.  Home ice advantage against the #1 team in the league is not a bad option.

So calm
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

buckzumhoff

First game is a big win in the series. Now win game two . Refs got to call interference in the goal area not just on the jets . Refs got to call it both ways .

theaardvark

Interesting observations... from a not sports writer.

Bartley Kives @bkives

The Jets were outpossessed badly last night. Also got lucky. If they don?t improve, I won?t be shocked if Nashville wins this series 4-1. Can?t expect Hellebuyck to do that every night.

Of course, there are adjustments to be made. Can?t see Nashville controlling the puck more effectively than they did on Friday. Ergo, there?s more room for the Jets to improve.

At the risk of stating the extremely obvious, you can?t score many goals from your own end. You also can?t score any goals when you don?t touch the puck.

I will shut up now. I just don?t see any reason to believe the Jets will win a second game in this series without at least some improvement in controlling the game.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on April 28, 2018, 03:30:13 PM
Interesting observations... from a not sports writer.

Bartley Kives @bkives

The Jets were outpossessed badly last night. Also got lucky. If they don?t improve, I won?t be shocked if Nashville wins this series 4-1. Can?t expect Hellebuyck to do that every night.

Of course, there are adjustments to be made. Can?t see Nashville controlling the puck more effectively than they did on Friday. Ergo, there?s more room for the Jets to improve.

At the risk of stating the extremely obvious, you can?t score many goals from your own end. You also can?t score any goals when you don?t touch the puck.

I will shut up now. I just don?t see any reason to believe the Jets will win a second game in this series without at least some improvement in controlling the game.

Bartley is a political reporter so I wouldn't put too much stock in his analysis.  The majority of the Preds shots last night were very low risk where Helle saw them clearly.  The Jets won playing their C game, while shaking off rust from being off for a week.  I expect them to be much better on Sunday and even more so at home. 

NorthernSkunk

The officiating in the NHL playoffs really makes it hard to enjoy the games these days.

Jockitch

Correct me if I'm wrong, were the Preds not the most penalized team during the regular season ......... in game #1 they did not take a SINGLE penalty
Though the Jets played quite disciplined they definitely were not successful in creating havoc. Havoc can cause the Preds to take the penalties necessary for a win.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

dd

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 28, 2018, 08:03:42 PM
The officiating in the NHL playoffs really makes it hard to enjoy the games these days.
Another baseless negative post, what a surprise . Wah, wah, wah. Does the sun ever shine in your world or is it always cold and miserable??

Colton

Quote from: Jockitch on April 29, 2018, 01:51:37 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, were the Preds not the most penalized team during the regular season ......... in game #1 they did not take a SINGLE penalty
Though the Jets played quite disciplined they definitely were not successful in creating havoc. Havoc can cause the Preds to take the penalties necessary for a win.

The Predators weren't angels but to be fair, they also possessed the puck for the majority of the game.

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: dd on April 29, 2018, 01:57:33 AM
Another baseless negative post, what a surprise . Wah, wah, wah. Does the sun ever shine in your world or is it always cold and miserable??

The sun shines great here lol. I actually have more respect for CFL officiating than I do NHL officiating......An it's JMO dd.....kinda like everyone else posts around these places.

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag