Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

just got an email that BellMTS Place will be open for the away games vs Nashville.  Tickets are $10 each...all concessions open...

I think i prefer my living room but could be a fun atmosphere for some

blue_gold_84

Quote from: bluengold204 on April 25, 2018, 06:46:00 PM
Didn't say that at all, was pointing out that hes not as big of an ******* as you guys seem to think he is, especially when people are saying he is a dick off the ice as well. 

You can boo him all you want for your own reasons, but Subban is one of Nashvilles best players, a Norris finalist if I'm not mistaken.  Personally I would boo him to try and throw him off his game, he will see lots of minutes and him not playing his best will help us.  Not cause he threw a couple dirty hits throughout his career.  So no his agitator antics is not the only he gets boo'd.

Who criticized PK Subban the person? He gets booed and criticized for his antics on the ice. Same as basically every other agitator, skilled or not, who gets booed by opposing teams' fans.

I don't even know what to make of the second paragraph. Maybe review it and try again. :-\

Quote from: bluengold204 on April 25, 2018, 06:47:38 PM
Meh I've seen worse... Morrissey's cross check to Staal's neck comes to mind

Yes... What another player did surely excuses Subban's dirty plays.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on April 25, 2018, 07:17:07 PM
just got an email that BellMTS Place will be open for the away games vs Nashville.  Tickets are $10 each...all concessions open...

Good idea. I?m sure there will be lots of interest. But I prefer my living room as well, especially for an away game.

bluengold204

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 25, 2018, 07:17:23 PM
Who criticized PK Subban the person? He gets booed and criticized for his antics on the ice. Same as basically every other agitator, skilled or not, who gets booed by opposing teams' fans.

I don't even know what to make of the second paragraph. Maybe review it and try again. :-\

Yes... What another player did surely excuses Subban's dirty plays.

theaardvark

I don't care enough to review my previous post, the gist is that he also gets boo'd for being a top talent not just because he's an agitator.

Not what I was implying but ok...

blue_gold_84

Here's the link for anyone interested in the viewing party at BellMTS Place: https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/jets-to-host-away-game-viewing-parties-at-bell-mts-place/c-298249536

Tickets are $10 and go on sale tomorrow. All proceeds from admission will go to the True North Youth Foundation. Doors open at 6:00pm on Friday.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

bluengold204

Quote from: The Zipp on April 25, 2018, 07:17:07 PM

I would rather them have the street party open is that happening or just the MTS Centre?

Stretch

Money is no object...especially when you have none.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: bluengold204 on April 25, 2018, 07:47:25 PM
theaardvark

So, just one person. Not multiple people.

Quote from: bluengold204 on April 25, 2018, 07:51:21 PM
I would rather them have the street party open is that happening or just the MTS Centre?

Whiteout Street Parties are just for home games.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: bluengold204 on April 25, 2018, 07:51:21 PM

Street partys should only be for home games.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

Quote from: bluengold204 on April 25, 2018, 06:46:00 PM
Didn't say that at all, was pointing out that hes not as big of an ******* as you guys seem to think he is, especially when people are saying he is a dick off the ice as well. 

You can boo him all you want for your own reasons, but Subban is one of Nashvilles best players, a Norris finalist if I'm not mistaken.  Personally I would boo him to try and throw him off his game, he will see lots of minutes and him not playing his best will help us.  Not cause he threw a couple dirty hits throughout his career.  So no his agitator antics is not the only he gets boo'd.

Norris trophy candidate... I've heard more than once "How can a guy be in the top 3 D in the leauge when he isn't in the top 3 D on his team?" which makes me chuckle...

He is easy to boo. That's all.  He attracts attention with his actions on the ice, and fans have the right to choose their way of reacting.  If he is given a pass on being boo'ed because the fans are dressed in white and he is black, then that is sad.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

Others may have seen this ........ a sign is still flashing the news of the upcoming, (snicker, snicker) April 20th game on Portage Avenue.
Just before Maryland as I was travelling East this morning, I saw the info of the game & of Donald street being closed & that an alternate route should be used
........ cannot get over that this sign has probably been flashing this info since April 20th.

Laine, who reportedly had left the 2 previous practises early,  was not involved on the ice today in practise, apparently ......... Malaise ???

Armia, in a non contact jersey today, may still be a battler for Friday's game. Hope that occurs, as I would prefer him in over Hendricks.
Toby E. again was supposedly paired with Buff.   Chiarot looks to be odd man out, as Morrow is with Myers.

the time off was I'm sure great for many of the aches & strategizing.  Jets will be firing hot & trying to make the Preds look normal, I have no doubt. 
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

gbill2004

Unconfirmed first 4 Jets games:

Game 1: Friday 7:00pm
Game 2: Sunday TBD
Game 3: Tuesday 8:30pm
Game 4: Thursday 8:30pm

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Jockitch on April 25, 2018, 09:55:18 PM
Others may have seen this ........ a sign is still flashing the news of the upcoming, (snicker, snicker) April 20th game on Portage Avenue.
Just before Maryland as I was travelling East this morning, I saw the info of the game & of Donald street being closed & that an alternate route should be used
........ cannot get over that this sign has probably been flashing this info since April 20th.

Laine, who reportedly had left the 2 previous practises early,  was not involved on the ice today in practise, apparently ......... Malaise ???

Armia, in a non contact jersey today, may still be a battler for Friday's game. Hope that occurs, as I would prefer him in over Hendricks.
Toby E. again was supposedly paired with Buff.   Chiarot looks to be odd man out, as Morrow is with Myers.

the time off was I'm sure great for many of the aches & strategizing.  Jets will be firing hot & trying to make the Preds look normal, I have no doubt. 

Id be suprissed if we change up our D.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag