Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

Michael Hutchinson?s flight to NYC was delayed. As a result, the #NHLJets have signed goalie Zane Kalemba to a PTO. Kalemba played with captain Blake Wheeler with the Green Bay Gamblers of the USHL in 04-05.

PloenFan

QuoteUpdates from Ken Wiebe:

- Mason injured (lower body), Hutchinson recalled

Whoever is sticking pins in the Steve Mason voodoo doll can stop anytime !  :D

New_Earth_Mud

I liked the way they played tonight. It looked like they took the high speed out of the game. It started fast but The Jets took control and held them off.

Good road win.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_or_die

#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Laine pots another to get within one goal of Ovechkin in the goal scoring race, Hellebuyck makes franchise history with his 35th win of the season, and the Jets get another gritty road win.

They also halted Hall's point streak.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Best Zane Kalemba tweet...

Kevin'O' (olszewski)
‏ @SportsKevinO

Zanekelemba is:
A-a spicy eggplant dish.
B-The capital city of a rarely visited African nation.
C-An embarrassing yoga pose.
D-Tonight's backup goaltender.

#popquiz #betterknowagoalie

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Laine's price tag just keeps rising.  I'll predict $9 million x 8 years. 

Chris1982

I believe that was Hendricks first time starting on the 2nd line last night (with Wheeler and Connor) - thoughts on moving him up from the 4th line?

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on March 09, 2018, 02:00:03 PM
I believe that was Hendricks first time starting on the 2nd line last night (with Wheeler and Connor) - thoughts on moving him up from the 4th line?
Hendricks didn't actually play on the second line.  That was just the players joking around in pre-game warm-ups.  The "second" line was Wheeler, Connor and Little. 

Third line was Copp, Roslovic and Perreault and fourth was Hendricks, Armia and Tanev. 

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 09, 2018, 03:02:31 PM
Hendricks didn't actually play on the second line.  That was just the players joking around in pre-game warm-ups.  The "second" line was Wheeler, Connor and Little. 

Third line was Copp, Roslovic and Perreault and fourth was Hendricks, Armia and Tanev. 

The first shift of the game had Wheeler and Hendricks on the same line from what I remember.

The Zipp

Didn?t realize NJ was that good of a team...they had some speed and put some good shots on Hellybuck...

Pesky Preds just keep on winning - can?t make up any ground on them.. >:(

Chris1982

Official pregame lineup even had Hendricks listed on the 2nd line

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on March 09, 2018, 03:10:29 PM
Official pregame lineup even had Hendricks listed on the 2nd line
Exactly, that's from the players joking around in pre-game warm-up.  Maurice even addressed that in his post game presser.

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 09, 2018, 03:11:58 PM
Exactly, that's from the players joking around in pre-game warm-up.  Maurice even addressed that in his post game presser.

Interesting.... I was unable to watch the majority of the game last night.  Strange how the players "joking" around are able to make a fake line-up post on the official Winnipeg Jets twitter page.

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on March 09, 2018, 03:15:46 PM
Interesting.... I was unable to watch the majority of the game last night.  Strange how the players "joking" around are able to make a fake line-up post on the official Winnipeg Jets twitter page.
First of all that's not the official lineup...that's the "projected" lineup based on pre-game warm-ups.  Second, check out the Jets official twitter account from 6:02PM last night, which clearly states the starting lineup as Little, Connor and Wheeler.  Third, check out the players time on ice from last game and you will clearly see that Hendricks did not play on the second line.